What's new

Crisis deepens as India blocks Chenab flow

Reflecting Chenab water issue

The Chenab issue is getting critical ever since India has built the controversial Baglihar dam on part of the river which flows on her lands, saying that the dam has been built on run-of-the-water and as such the amount of water to Pakistan would not reduce. Baglihar hydro electric power project was built 150 km north of Jammu in Indian Occupied Kashmir (IOK) on October 10, 2008. This project would have an installed capacity of 900-MW, with a price tag of over US$ 1 billion. There were many impediments and controversies. Some of the objections were:
(1) Indian manipulation of IWT (which allowed India under carefully specified conditions to tap the hydropower potential of the three western rivers) that dam was built on “run-of-the-river”.
(2) Design parameters were too lax to provide India with excessive ability to accelerate, decelerate or block flow of river.
(3) It gave India a strategic leverage in times of tension or war with Pakistan.
(4) Frequent landslides while constructing diversion tunnels, proved the unsuitability of the dam.
(5) It was built on extremely sensitive seismic zone.
(6) It would dry some 5.6 million acres of land in Sialkot, Gujranwala, Jhang, Faisalabad and Sheikhupura.

For full article:
Pakistan Observer - Newspaper online edition - Article

My friend let me remind you that only two major rivers flow from Tibet, Brahmaputra and Indus. If China were to stop these then the worst sufferers would be Bangladesh and Pakistan themselves. Please think before making grandiose claims. :crazy:

I know and read the article I posted about Chinese Dams.I posted it to show that we BD people will be affected from all sides.

Please read all posts before making comments.Thank you.

Its not only Water, Its Strategy, get the word?? look up a dictionary! Kashmir is of high Value! get that???

The Poor Palestenians get killed randomly, no one talks of giving them shelter! now 160 million Indian Muslims! hahahahahah

Maybe strategy is what India always thinks about, but Pakistan looks at Kashmir differently. We look at it as an unfinished partition.

Take a look at a map, Kashmir is much closer to Pakistan than India, the only Muslim Majority region India controls is all up north on the border with Pakistan, far away from the center of India. Pakistanis think its natural for Kashmir to be part of Pakistan, and people of Azad Kashmir have no objection being part of Pakistan.

As for water, I think it'll be better if Kashmiris are in charge of the Indus waters and not Indians...no Kashmiri can come up with evil plans like India has so Pakistan should work for an independent Kashmir, let Kashmiris themselves control their resources and lets end this 61 year old dispute.

Last edited:
Maybe strategy is what India always thinks about, but Pakistan looks at Kashmir differently. We look at it as an unfinished partition.

Take a look at a map, Kashmir is much closer to Pakistan than India, the only Muslim Majority region India controls is all up north on the border with Pakistan, far away from the center of India. Pakistanis think its natural for Kashmir to be part of Pakistan, and people of Azad Kashmir have no objection being part of Pakistan.

As for water, I think it'll be better if Kashmiris are in charge of the Indus waters and not Indians...no Kashmiri can come up with evil plans like India has so Pakistan should work for an independent Kashmir, let Kashmiris themselves control their resources and lets end this 61 year old dispute.
what did u say ur name was? ;)

What difference does my name make in what I'm saying?

My name is clearly spelled out right in front of you.
bro i was jus pullin ur leg! anyways I just wish we all leave Kashmir as it is and help make it into a Paradise like it was before.

Frakka Dam causing devastating envirnmental effect in BD beside huge economical loss. India doesn't give a **** if people of BD die without water. Some regin of BD already turning desert and people are suffering. Now India planing the same for Pakistan. It want kill us slowly but surely. Evil but genius plan to destry it's opponent. So if they want to kill us and we going to die anyway than why not die with a fight. Pakistan and Bangladesh should joint their resource and go for an action once for all whatever the outcome. It's better to die with a fight rather than living under constant scrutiny.

Pak-Bangladesh Zindabad...............:cheers:

Frakka Dam causing devastating envirnmental effect in BD beside huge economical loss. India doesn't give a **** if people of BD die without water. Some regin of BD already turning desert and people are suffering. Now India planing the same for Pakistan. It want kill us slowly but surely. Evil but genius plan to destry it's opponent. So if they want to kill us and we going to die anyway than why not die with a fight. Pakistan and Bangladesh should joint their resource and go for an action once for all whatever the outcome. It's better to die with a fight rather than living under constant scrutiny.

Awesome thought! why not become one country again? That would be better fr co-ordination!! what say bro?

Awesome thought! why not become one country again? That would be better fr co-ordination!! what say bro?

Why should we not decide our own fate???? Why not give BD it's fare share of natural water that has been provided by Allah?

I can hear you frens. You need water bcoz pakistan rural side is still depend on agriculture. My village in india has seen a drought and i know how poor ppl dont get their daily wages to feed their poor family.
Look at the other side too. India has rivers and they had a treaty with UN indus water treaty. India can simply scrap this treaty! Its not going to loose anything as water flowing from our direction. Also India can say all our natural resources can be utilized to our benifit first. How much UN can control this to todays world. CHINA cant support you becouse they are not following UN regulations to provide water to India.

Yes you can attack those dams. Let me tell you its not going to be easy and you have to vacate thousands of ppl in pakistan before doing so. What you achieve is all the fields washed away. its a big economical excercize.

India might have done this purposefully to take the poletical advantage. YES. Why not. See GOP aggorant response we wont handover ppl even if they commited mumbai attacks kinds statement kills poor former back in ur country!

Time for poleticians not to act cheep for their poletical career.

Why should we not decide our own fate???? Why not give BD it's fare share of natural water that has been provided by Allah?

All water in the world is provided by Allah/God/Bhagwan. What does this religious angle have to do with water sharing. Maybe India is wrong, maybe Bangladesh is wrong. Everyone should get their fair share thats all.:angel:

All water in the world is provided by Allah/God/Bhagwan. What does this religious angle have to do with water sharing. Maybe India is wrong, maybe Bangladesh is wrong. Everyone should get their fair share thats all.:angel:

No religious angle here. you (india) build a Dam that preven natural flow of water. That was my point. It's evan shock to me that we are asking for water that ritefully ours yet India as alway ignored it. In which angle we are wrong here???

Does it help with such postings ? If you think Pakistan will join hads BD, I may ask you; why did you guys separate in 1971 ? Don't pass verdicts without going into the depths of matter. India, Bangladesh and Pakistan are result of a division and there are bound to be disputes. There are sensible ways to address disputes. In case of Pakistan, the case went to World bank. Neutral observer came and gave his verdict. Both parties abided by the decision. If BD thinks that India is not acting as per treaty, she can always take India to International courts. Has India ever refused that BD can not inspect the dam and see if we are violating the terms of treaty? What do you think one can achieve with fights? Let us come out of this childish mindset.

RK

No religious angle here. you (india) build a Dam that preven natural flow of water. That was my point. It's evan shock to me that we are asking for water that ritefully ours yet India as alway ignored it. In which angle we are wrong here???

Exactly they're stealing water that flows through our lands. Pakistan should work with Bangladesh so both countries get their water that rightfully belongs to them.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom