What's new

Crimes against Women in Pakistan

:lol::lol:

BTW i never heard of such thing :what:

If you mean sexual harrasement by female bosses..Its true.. Recently a Sr VP in my own company was retired prematurely and the scuttlebutt was that the reasons were these..On a more fiction side, watch Disclosure (or the bollywood rip off Aitraaz)

I think a lot of violence against women is the result of the huge gender gap in terms of education and economic power.

Gender gaps are among the widest in South Asia. Pakistan is ranked at 132, third from the bottom on a list of 134 nations compiled by the World Economic Forum for 2009. The 2009 ranking represents a slip of five places in the Global Gender Gap Index 2009 from 127th spot to 132nd from among 134 countries, showing an "absolute decline relative to its performance in 2008."

Only Chad and Yemen rank worse than Pakistan this year. This is not a surprise considering one of the lowest female literacy rates in Pakistan. Pakistan's gender gap of 27% in literacy is worse than India's 22%. At overall literacy rate of only 52%, and with more than 50 million people illiterate, Pakistan has one of the lowest overall literacy rates in Asia. The literacy rate for males over 15 years is 63% while that for females is 36% in Pakistan. Only Yemen's literacy gender gap is worse than South Asia's.

In spite of the grim picture painted by the WEF, the status of women in Pakistan, and the rest of South Asia, continues to vary considerably across different classes, regions, and the rural/urban divide due to uneven socioeconomic development and the impact of tribal, feudal, and urban social customs on women's lives. While some women are soaring in the skies as pilots of passenger jets and supersonic fighter planes, others are being buried or burned alive for defying traditions. Girls now account for 53% of all college students in Pakistan, according to the 2005 Education Census.

Haq's Musings: Gender Inequality Worst in South Asia

Haq's Musings: Female Genocide Unfolding in India

Thanks Riaz.. Very well researched.. The only thing I would like to add is that its not only the gender gap in terms of economic power and education, but also the overall dismal state of literacy in the subcontinent. While not always true, but given all other things as equal, an educated man is less likely to stoop to a level of hitting a woman than an uneducated man..

Start with:
1. Shelter for battered women; I hear these are hard to find in Pakistan.
2. Protection.
3. Access to mental health facility to rehabilitate psychologically damaged victims.
4. The means for battered women to support themselves.

There are some 'homes' for these women, but you just have no Idea what they go through, its extremely difficult for women to live alone & once they go out of their homes to these centers no one is willing is to take them back :rolleyes:

god make earth but human make countries

god make women and man equall so that they can live happy but its human who destroying everything

women and man are equall but our religion makes every condtion just for female

We have and continue to do so, go to the USAID website and see for yourself.

Are u kidding me, you spent trillion in Iraq in 5 years and may be billions in aid in 50 years.

Now donot get me wrong, help is help, but it looses its value when world sees million dye in war and on the other hand aid is stolen by leaders of those countries, when it was given to help the poor, Leaders steel it and put it in swiss banks.

My sugestion would be that U.S should make sure that the aid it gives is not stolen by these people and is not sitting in Swiss Banks accounts, but is spent on the very projects and people it was meant to be.

I hope that Just thinking and fair distribution would be the way to go about U.S. Aid. If done as per principals of U.S. constitution, it will not only benefit those it is meant for, it will also improve the image as it will improve the living of those whos hearts and minds are to be won.

god make women and man equall so that they can live happy but its human who destroying everything

Allah S.W.T. has sent us a guide for us to know how to live and behave to make sure that man kind on the day of Judgement when all accounts will be tsken of all of us, will not complaint about not knowing the rules and laws and actions and worships one need to follow, it will, if adhere to propertly not only be beneficial on earth, but will be much beneficial for one to go to heaven.

Allha has not made conditions, but has recomend to females more so thinking that they are greater part of his [plan for continuation of human speicies, and survival of it.

In order to keep species good, honest, decent, hard working, polite, clean, educated and most of all humble. allah directs his massage to female folks more so than men.

Allha has not made conditions, but has recomend to females more so thinking that they are greater part of his [plan for continuation of human speicies, and survival of it.

In order to keep species good, honest, decent, hard working, polite, clean, educated and most of all humble. allah directs his massage to female folks more so than men.

human is just using allha name to hide there bad things allahs is name of good thing allha is in smile in tree in aky in moon in water

but now pepoles think allah is in jihad so poor they are at last they well go to hell

lets make something good

"I disagree. If a woman hits you, you have the right to hit her back with the same force as she hit you."

Do that in the states and you'll end up in jail 99.9% of the time. Cops are NOT going to take the time to unfcuk a very real "he said, she said".

Woman hits you then catch a clue and get out of the house and OUT of the relationship. Run, don't walk btw...

Thanks.:usflag:

That's your problem then. Doesn't mean what you're doing is right. If a woman hits you, you should run, but if you hit her, you should be jailed? What kind of brilliant logic is that?

That's your problem then. Doesn't mean what you're doing is right. If a woman hits you, you should run, but if you hit her, you should be jailed? What kind of brilliant logic is that?

Its fairly simple.. Women have undergone diffeent levels of opression/discrimination virtually every where in the world for most of the last 20 centuries of recorded history. Its only recently that we as a race have woken up to this ridiculous situation and have started taking some corrective actions. This is easier said than done, since we are moving away from a mindset which has been prevelant for centuries and most of the old customs/traditions/laws actually contribute to this discrimination. So its obvious that the steps that get taken to correct this at times tend to over compensate since once you realize the problem, you always try to err on the side of caution. Thats why in most western countries, where the progress on this front is light years ahead of what we see in the subcontinent, laws are extremely protective of the women's rights:cheers:

Hence the comment from S2 about an extremely high probability of landing in jail on hitting a woman (and rightfully so)

human is just using allha name to hide there bad things allahs is name of good thing allha is in smile in tree in aky in moon in water

but now pepoles think allah is in jihad so poor they are at last they well go to hell

lets make something good

Are you mocking Allah's words.Dude.

To say the least, you are an obnoxious. Dude.

Back
Top Bottom