What's new

Cricket

I dont know why we can't have an open leagues? Just let them do what they want to. If they dont succeed they will not. Get players through more money. Simple.

ICC asking BCCI to first approve ICL is very ridiculous, why in the world would BCCI would want to hit a nail on its own foot?

ICC has lost all of its respect.

Yusuf Youhana became Muhammad Yusuf? Damn...and all this while I used to wonder what happened to Yusuf Youhana...lol....

Yusuf Youhana became Muhammad Yusuf? Damn...and all this while I used to wonder what happened to Yusuf Youhana...lol....

Yousuf Youhana embraces Islam

Islamabad: Pakistan cricket star Yousuf Youhana, who was the only Christian in the team, has converted to Islam. Youhana has re-christened himself as Mohammad Yusuf.

``The conversion took place with members of a `tableeghi jamaat' present with him in Mecca where he and his family said the Kalma and later performed Umra,'' a cricketer was quoted as saying by The News on Saturday.

``The truth is Youhana had tried to take the decision to become a Muslim some years back but facing lot of opposition and emotional blackmail from his wife, parents and other relatives, he stalled the inevitable. He then convinced his wife and children of the need to become Muslims and some players had also played a key role in this process,'' the report said. — PTI

The Hindu : Sport / Cricket : Yousuf Youhana embraces Islam

its very very old story date is 20\9\2005 i post only for mr.flintlock.not for others because people thing i am crazy :lol:

Souh Asians are fickle minded, one loss and all hell break lose.

Just wait for the second match and see how the Asif will rape the S African batsmen. Its just that they started connecting the ball at the right time and it just went on. The last 10 overs were absolute carnage, if the score was at around 300- 320 it would have been a much tighter match.

And why the hell is Afridi playing at all, he is abosultly useless batsmen, a total waste of talent and worser than Shewag.

dont blame afrid he is one on the best opening BATSMEN in the world . just return his opening slot and seee how he blast his oppent. the whole eposide sart with bob woomeler who lowered down him

dont blame afrid he is one on the best opening BATSMEN in the world . just return his opening slot and seee how he blast his oppent. the whole eposide sart with bob woomeler who lowered down him

yes ....he is one of the best opening batsman.........who comes early and goes early.............:oops:

I think Afridi needs to concentrate more on staying in. His natural cricket is aggressive, but no one can hit every ball to the boundary. i have often seen him get out playing shots no other batsman would even imagine hitting.

The biggest problem with Afridi, in my opinion, is that he doesn't try to settle down and get his eye in before playing the big shots. On the days he gets his eye in quickly, he is the devil unleashed. On the other days, he looks completely out of his depth.

i thing afredi now go home and leave us alone when last time he make 100?

I DONT CONSIDER IT A BEST OPTION.......ATLEAST WHEN OUR TEAM'S MORAL IS SO DOWN....YES I AGREE HE IS A BLIND PLAYER BUT HE HAS THE ABILITY TO BOOST THE MORAL OF THE TEAM AS WELL AS THE NATION.

I DONT CONSIDER IT A BEST OPTION.......ATLEAST WHEN OUR TEAM'S MORAL IS SO DOWN....YES I AGREE HE IS A BLIND PLAYER BUT HE HAS THE ABILITY TO BOOST THE MORAL OF THE TEAM AS WELL AS THE NATION.

Very well said. I have seen so many Pakistani's with placards hoping for a "boom boom" innings. They always retain hope Afridi is there.

I have seen the same kind of hope centered around Tendulkar. Even if he is in a lean patch, people come to watch the little master in action, believing he will not let them down.

By the by, did anyone watch the India-England match on Friday? What a match! We totally OWNED England in that match. I cant remember the last time India beat a good team by such a margin!

I couldnt watch the Indian innings coz i was at university. Of all the days to miss a match!

cricket is the funniest thing in my dictionery....................

Pakistan whitewash West Indies

Monday, November 17, 2008
ABU DHABI: Pacemen Rao Iftikhar and Umar Gul took seven wickets to overshadow Chris Gayle’s brilliant hundred as Pakistan beat the West Indies by 31 runs in the third one-dayer to wrap up a 3-0 series whitewash on Sunday.

Gayle (122) reeled off his 18th one-day hundred and second of the series to keep Pakistan’s total of 273 for six within sight until Iftikhar caused havoc in his second spell with four quick wickets.

The Pakistan total revolved around good knocks from Younis Khan (101) and Misbah-ul-Haq (79no). Iftikhar was punished for 25 runs in his first spell of three overs before returning to pick up four wickets for nine runs in one devastating burst as the tourists slipped from 168 for one to 193 for six.

Pakistan captain Shoaib Malik described the clean sweep as a big step forward for his team. “We have been short of international cricket this year and to return and complete a clean sweep to improve our rankings is great,” he said.

Gayle lamented the missed opportunities blaming the inexperienced batting for the defeats. It is the fourth time Pakistan have completed a clean sweep in a one-day series against the West Indies.

Miandad appointed Director General PCB

Updated at: 1855 PST, Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Miandad appointed Director General PCB LAHORE: Cricket legend and former Pakistan captain and coach Javed Miandad has been appointed director-general of the Pakistan Cricket Board here on Wednesday.

Talking with Geo News, Javed Miandad said that he thanked chairman PCB for assigning him this responsibility.

He said that he would make his best efforts to help the Pakistan cricket team to regain its lost place.

Miandad said that as director-general PCB, he would look after all local and international cricket affairs.

Javed Miandad was one of the best batsmen in the world of cricket. He appeared in 124 Test matches and scored 8,832 runs. He also captained the national team in 34 Tests.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom