What's new

Cricket

Pakistan ditched as 2011 World Cup host :disagree:

Fri, Apr 17th, 2009 9:00 pm BdST

DUBAI, April 17 (bdnews24.com/Reuters) - Pakistan has been stripped of hosting rights for the 2011 World Cup because of the 'uncertain security situation' in the country, the International Cricket Council (ICC) said on Friday.

"It is a regrettable decision (but) our number one priority is to create certainty and...deliver a safe, secure and successful event," ICC president David Morgan told reporters after a meeting of the executive board in Dubai.

"The uncertainty created by events in Pakistan created a huge question mark over our ability to do just that."

At least seven Pakistanis were killed and six Sri Lanka players were injured during an armed attack on their team bus as they travelled to a test match in Lahore last month.

"It is extremely regrettable that the board has had to take this decision given the passion the people of Pakistan have for the game of cricket and for the ICC Cricket World Cup," Morgan said.

"It is highly unlikely that we will have the security clearance between now and the start date in 2011," said Morgan when asked if Pakistan would host international tournaments in the near future.

Pakistan were due to co-host the event with India, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka and the ICC said they would press ahead with the matches in those countries.

The ICC last year postponed the Champions Trophy, the second most important one-day event, due to security concerns in Pakistan and then shifted it to South Africa to be held later this year.

Pakistan ditched as 2011 World Cup host :: Sport :: bdnews24.com ::

Pakistan ditched as 2011 World Cup host :disagree:

Fri, Apr 17th, 2009 9:00 pm BdST

DUBAI, April 17 (bdnews24.com/Reuters) - Pakistan has been stripped of hosting rights for the 2011 World Cup because of the 'uncertain security situation' in the country, the International Cricket Council (ICC) said on Friday.

"It is a regrettable decision (but) our number one priority is to create certainty and...deliver a safe, secure and successful event," ICC president David Morgan told reporters after a meeting of the executive board in Dubai.

"The uncertainty created by events in Pakistan created a huge question mark over our ability to do just that."

At least seven Pakistanis were killed and six Sri Lanka players were injured during an armed attack on their team bus as they travelled to a test match in Lahore last month.

"It is extremely regrettable that the board has had to take this decision given the passion the people of Pakistan have for the game of cricket and for the ICC Cricket World Cup," Morgan said.

"It is highly unlikely that we will have the security clearance between now and the start date in 2011," said Morgan when asked if Pakistan would host international tournaments in the near future.

Pakistan were due to co-host the event with India, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka and the ICC said they would press ahead with the matches in those countries.

The ICC last year postponed the Champions Trophy, the second most important one-day event, due to security concerns in Pakistan and then shifted it to South Africa to be held later this year.

Pakistan ditched as 2011 World Cup host :: Sport :: bdnews24.com ::

We'll continue to get ditched everywhere with this f*ckhead Zardari in charge.

we will be back icc has to re think in its decision and PCB and pak government has to lauch signature campaign against ICC decision and PCB has to do now lobby in ICC and what ever it is happening in ICC is because of india first we have to win T 20 Worldcup and after that PCB should launch PPL to counter india we have to counter BCCI

ICC is one of the worlds worst council they are very very unfair and they are the resposble for crickets downfall ICC doesent did any well for cricket i have examples ICL, they were always unfair with PCB and they were and are the pets of BCCI which not have to be see FIFA they take every country from france to sengal equally thats why football is so succesfull with icl only cricketers careers has suffer but ICC unfortunatly dont care about cricket they care only of money yes ICL is not legal but in the world do ICC decide who playes cricket or not in pakistan we play cricket in streets and in ramadan we play tournaments are they are illegal no i dont think so ICC has to decide who plays cricket or not its in every asian who loves cricket and want to be a part of cricket at any tournament anywhere its not about ICC its about love of cricket they play and why icc waste their whole carrers ICC sucks if ICC does not chnages the way its all decissions are against PCB soon ICC gonna looose its reputation bcci gives bribr to icc for its decision that money they say it is a marketing money ICC sucks Haroon lorgat and ICC sucks *** holes ICC champions trophy,world cup 2011,oval test result,ICL players,Mohammad asifs ban which has to be start from april but ICC started it from september because bcci dont want asif to kick their teams ***** in T 20 champions what these all things suggest that ICC and BCCI are against PCB now PCB should do lobbying with ACB,ECB,WICB,BCB,NZCB to counter indians in ICC

Pakistan have won againt Australia.
Boom boom Afridi ruled.

The crowed was amazing, mix Australian and Pakistani people. It was awsome. No security threat.

Happy Birthday Sachin!!

Sachin turns 36 - has one dream left

Sachin Tendulkar turns 36 today. The master batsman has scaled every summit in the game - except for one. He has not yet been part of a World Cup winning team. But come 2011, the master blaster is all set to change that, when the World Cup is held on the subcontinent.

When asked at a recent function what his dreams were, he laughed off the question saying, "You only dream when you are asleep." But then he added, "I want to win the World Cup for India."

The captain of the Mumbai Indians got a surprise from his team when he found that they had organized a surprise birthday party at the team hotel.

Speaking to reporters, the always humble Sachin said, "It is the good wishes and blessings that count a lot. My family is joining me tomorrow, so am really looking forward to it."

The little master also said that he was still enjoying every moment of playing the game. "I would like to achieve the enjoyment factor. It is important to enjoy the game and only then will you come out with your best and that's what I want to do," he added.

we will be back icc has to re think in its decision and PCB and pak government has to lauch signature campaign against ICC decision and PCB has to do now lobby in ICC and what ever it is happening in ICC is because of india first we have to win T 20 Worldcup and after that PCB should launch PPL to counter india we have to counter BCCI

1-india is gonna the t20 world cup,who are gonna beat us?check our side man,they rock! 2-ppl? Is it gonna happen in pakistan? If not,you are gonna have losses,like the ipl this year......if yes,which foreign players are gonna play,with world cup being already scraped from pak,losses both way........no hard feelings buddy,but it will be hard for you to get outta dis hole.....best of luck!!

1-india is gonna the t20 world cup,who are gonna beat us?check our side man,they rock! 2-ppl? Is it gonna happen in pakistan? If not,you are gonna have losses,like the ipl this year......if yes,which foreign players are gonna play,with world cup being already scraped from pak,losses both way........no hard feelings buddy,but it will be hard for you to get outta dis hole.....best of luck!!

Pathetic New Zealand beat India 2-0 in Twenty-20.

So there is nothing wrong with what he said. I think PCL (Pakistan Cricket League) should be started with no doubt. It will benefit Pakistan. The matches can be organized in Pakistan and Dubai.

Pathetic New Zealand beat India 2-0 in Twenty-20.

So there is nothing wrong with what he said. I think PCL (Pakistan Cricket League) should be started with no doubt. It will benefit Pakistan. The matches can be organized in Pakistan and Dubai.

in a t-20 match..nothing can be said..and f it's a ind-pak t-20 match...no matter what their respective rankings are...no side has any advantage...but india holds a clear edge against most other countries..because of the exposure to the IPL...and a prolonged stint with the t-20 format.
as far as organizing matches in pakistan is concerned...it would be hard to convine the aussies and the english and the kiwis...and even the lankans now...let the dust settle..and you may have a PPL in pakistan...with some indian players as well...

sachin for last ten years his age was and is still 36 so shame he is above 40 for now sure and i think in next match sohail tanvir should replace umar gull and yasir araft to replace rao ifthikhar because our betting is very thin and these both are very good alllrounders and we were short 30 runs in yesterday match by getting them both im sure we will score better in abudhabi and please pakistani players do not hesitate to hit australians when balll is there to hit and if u cant get boundries just puish the balls in gaps and take more singals we stuck alot in craese and hit balls to fielders which cause a pressure and runouts so by getting singles we will get occasionally boundries and australins will be in pressure

Super are you trying to say - sachin is over 40 yrs :-o man - thats not possible you seem to be really big die hard fan of him? got a tatoo of his name on your chest ay ?
well above 40 and performing like this - i am a big fan of sachin but i dont think he is that great be above 40 and seem to play for next 4-5 yrs. ;)

in a t-20 match..nothing can be said..and f it's a ind-pak t-20 match...no matter what their respective rankings are...no side has any advantage...but india holds a clear edge against most other countries..because of the exposure to the IPL...and a prolonged stint with the t-20 format.
as far as organizing matches in pakistan is concerned...it would be hard to convine the aussies and the english and the kiwis...and even the lankans now...let the dust settle..and you may have a PPL in pakistan...with some indian players as well...

My statement exactly. India is not favorites. Its anybody's game..even Bangladesh.

PPL can be run in 1 year. Start off with Dubai.. have one or two matches in Pakistan. And then increase the limit. Thats the only way to get cricket back in Pakistan. ASAP.

Spot on webby - i think this is just hype right now - India winning t20, may be after 10 yrs - we can see real t20 with full strategies where - only a very Better team can win the game - with 80% chance.
till then - its hit and miss.
and its not much time to play 20 overs- here stratagies and calculation are not much involved-
Right now its more about - talent in players- and we all know pakistani and indian palyers are way too much talented than most other.

i never ever have tatto of sachin anyway why he remains always on 36 i was hearing it from last 5 years anyway if razaque and imran nazire be in t 20 WC im sure we re going to beat if not than we can still give fight to indian team if we have them we going to beat india easily i hope withh icc decision PCB should put razaque and imran in t 20 team icc told regarding icl respective boards will decide weather they play or not international cricket

LAHORE - Many of the Pakistani players who had signed for the 'rebel' Indian Cricket League (ICL) are likely to be considered for national selection again after they complete a 'cooling period', according to a senior official.
Following the International Cricket Council's decision that home boards would decide whether they should allow their ICL players back into international cricket, the PCB would now let its legal advisors decide on what would be the next line of action, he said.
"But one thing is clear, first and foremost the ICL players need to end their contracts with the ICL to even be considered for any level of competition for Pakistan," the official said.
'Rebel' Pakistani players Mohammad Yousuf, Imran Nazir, Abdul Razzaq, Rana Naved and Imran Farhat have all expressed their desire to play for the national team again.
The official said there was a strong possibility that the PCB might decide on a six months to one year cooling period for the ICL players, who end their contracts with the unofficial league, before they can play for Pakistan again.
He pointed out that the players had to take a decision on their links with the ICL before June 1 when the new regulations, which are more stringent on unauthorised leagues, come into effect.
"After that we can't do anything for these players," he said.
Interestingly, there is growing pressure on the board to allow the ICL players back into international to settle scores with the Indian board which is being blamed for playing a lead role in having the 2011 World Cup matches shifted from Pakistan.
Abdul Razzaq said the PCB must also keep in mind that the ICL was now planning to take the ICC to court for not recognising the league.
"The scenario might changes in a few weeks time so let us see what happens. But I am ready to play for Pakistan again," he said.

Back
Top Bottom