What's new

Cricket

Younis makes history hitting triple ton against SL:enjoy:
Updated at: 1822 PST, Tuesday, February 24, 2009

803ea0cd8574762e7379754acca71c41.gif

KARACHI: Skipper Younis Khan created history by scoring a triple hundred, only the third by a Pakistani in Test cricket – here at the National Stadium on Tuesday.

His extra-ordinary innings not only helped his team to make a huge total of 574 runs for the loss of five wickets in reply to Sri Lanka’s 644-7 declared in the first innings by the end of the fourth day’s play in the first Test.

Younis Khan is still at the crease batting for almost 12 hours and he is looking towards the Test record for the highest individual innings, set by Brain Lara of the West Indies who made 400 not out in 2004. He has an ample time for creating this record as the match is heading towards a draw.

The new Pakistan captain was well supported by former captain Shoaib Malik (56), Misbah-ul-Haq (42) and Faisal Iqbal (57) and was involved in three consecutive century wicket partnerships – 149 for the third, 130 for the fourth and 174 for the fifth wicket, respectively. The fifth wicket stand is a new record against Sri Lanka.

Sri Lankan bowlers toiled hard throughout the day but could not affect the concentration and determination of the King Khan who has so far hammered 27 fours and four sixes in his unbeaten innings. He overpowered all the opponent bowlers including magician spinner Muttiah Muralitharan and uprising spinner Ajantha Mendis.

Younis took 681 minutes and faced 510 balls becoming the third Pakistani and the 20th batsman in Test cricket to reach 300 runs in an innings. The two earlier Pakistanis were Hanif Mohammad (337) and Inzamam-ul-Haq (329).

Besides, Younis is the first batsman to hit a Test triple hundred against Sri Lanka as the highest individual score against them was 299 by Martin Crowe of New Zealand.

Younis makes history hitting triple ton against SL - GEO.tv

what a great innings....Congratulations to Younis khan on his maiden Triple Hundred...:tup::yahoo:
Younis Khan Zindabad...:):tup:

Captain not heartbroken at missing Lara record
Thursday, February 26, 2009
By our correspondent

KARACHI: He came, he saw, he almost conquered. In the end Younis Khan saved the first Test for Pakistan but failed to break Brian Lara’s world record of 400 runs in a Test innings on Wednesday.

“It doesn’t matter,” said the Pakistan captain, who scored a mammoth 313 to earn a draw for Pakistan from a seemingly difficult position against Sri Lanka.

“I play for the team and personal records are not really that important,” he said at the post-match conference here at the National Stadium.

“I am not heartbroken because I may have more opportunities in the future.”

Younis, 31, was pleased that Pakistan managed to end the first Test with an upper hand after being dominated by the tourists on the first couple of days.

“I am satisfied with the team effort and will go into the second Test, hoping Sri Lanka struggle like they did today.”

Pakistan earned a draw in the match by amassing 765-6 declared after Sri Lanka piled up 644-7 declared by the second day of the match.

He welcomed the national selection committee’s decision to select five ‘reserve’ players for the second Test.

The five reserve players include left-arm pacer Sohail Tanvir, all-rounder Shahid Afridi, opener Nasir Jamshed, off-spinner Saeed Ajmal and pacer Abdul Rauf.

Younis said that his team played its first Test in 14 months and will need time to get settled in the longer version of the game.

Younis said that he is enjoying his captaincy stint.

“In the past I played as a vice-captain under Inzamam-ul-Haq and each time I had to look towards (him) in the dressing room before making a move,” he said. “Now I can take decisions aggressive decisions without asking anybody. I believe is that Pakistan can only do well if we play aggressively. We’ve done well in the past by showing that approach.”

Younis said that his players will have to improve their fielding.

“We dropped a few catches on the first day,” he pointed out. “We could have restricted them to around 500 and then anything could have happened.”

Younis said that Pakistan can think about hiring a foreign coach, preferably from Australia, to improve their field.

Younis is confident that Pakistan will give a more forceful showing in the second Test starting from March 1 in Lahore.

He hoped that large crowds will turn out for the second Test in Lahore after witnessing empty stands during the Karachi Test. “My team needs support which is why I’m hoping that fans will come in large numbers to watch the next Test.”

Captain not heartbroken at missing Lara record

Younis was too good: Mahela
Thursday, February 26, 2009
By our correspondent

KARACHI: Mahela Jayawardene believes his team was in with a chance to win the Test series opener against Pakistan just before Younis Khan’s superb rescue act.

The Sri Lanka captain told reporters here at the National Stadium on Wednesday that his Pakistan counterpart deprived his team of an opportunity to win the first Test that ended in a draw.

“He (Younis) played really well and took away the opportunity we had of winning this match,” said Jayawardene.

Younis Khan hit a superb 313 after batting for 836 minutes to save the match for his team.

Jayawardene stressed that his team performed well in the match except for the last couple of sessions that saw Pakistan scoring at a brisk rate and then taking five Sri Lankan wickets on the fifth day of the match.

“I’m happy with out performance but it was difficult to produce a result here,” he said referring to the lifeless wicket at the National Stadium that offered no help to the bowlers.

“It was very hard work for the bowlers,” he said. “I hope the wicket for the second Test is nothing like the one they had here.”

Jayawardene defended his debutant opener Tharanga Paranavitana, who fell for 0 and 9 in the Test. “He (Paranavitana) is a very good batsman and will learn from this Test,” he said.

The 31-year-old Jayawardene, who scored 240 in the first innings, said he wasn’t disappointed with the result. “We batted badly in the second innings but overall it was a satisfying result.”

Younis was too good: Mahela

A captain's innings.

Now if he could find some better support.. he's always bailing out the team.

well done younis and india lost T 20 against newzealand how shame it was when sehawg hit 3 consequtive sixes one of indian spectator told to espn reporter that sehwag gonna killl newzealand he gonna score 100 india will score 200 but after his statement indian innings colapsed and end up 162 and even after that spectator havent learned what he was saying he said that indian bowling gonna end this match in 10 overs but that also not happened india went on losed a match and espn than talkin that that T 20 made a record of most sixes in T 20 match why indians always thinks records more than winning the match ant way this T 20 gonna be hell for india because wickets in england are swinging wickets and most of their batsmans in T 20 dont have good tech to coop the swing in england and indian bowlers are not that capable to swing the bowl that well and pakistani team have to do the basics rights and dont loose too many wickets against india and wait for indian midyoker spinners and bash them im sure pakistan going to will all the matchs against india if they put mre beating to yousuf,irfan,zaheer and harbhajan they all not very capable bowlers in any form if we attck them we can chase any indian target

well done younis and india lost T 20 against newzealand how shame it was when sehawg hit 3 consequtive sixes one of indian spectator told to espn reporter that sehwag gonna killl newzealand he gonna score 100 india will score 200 but after his statement indian innings colapsed and end up 162 and even after that spectator havent learned what he was saying he said that indian bowling gonna end this match in 10 overs but that also not happened india went on losed a match and espn than talkin that that T 20 made a record of most sixes in T 20 match why indians always thinks records more than winning the match ant way this T 20 gonna be hell for india because wickets in england are swinging wickets and most of their batsmans in T 20 dont have good tech to coop the swing in england and indian bowlers are not that capable to swing the bowl that well and pakistani team have to do the basics rights and dont loose too many wickets against india and wait for indian midyoker spinners and bash them im sure pakistan going to will all the matchs against india if they put mre beating to yousuf,irfan,zaheer and harbhajan they all not very capable bowlers in any form if we attck them we can chase any indian target

haha, good luck for that match:enjoy:
haar jit lagi rahti hai :D

han lagi rahti hai par app indians kabhi kabhar bhoot zyada boool jata ho jo reality ma nahe hota

only pakistani and west indian batsman made most of 300

Sir Gerry sobbers
brain charles lara
Chris gayle

Hanif Mohammad
Inzmam ul haq
Younis khan

Most disgraceful moment in the history of cricket

Aussie Spirit!!!​

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom