What's new

Cricket a uniting force?

A-Team

Reaction score
Country
Afghanistan
Goes on to show that sport can be a uniting force in the region, hope our policy makers learn a thing or two from it.

Afghan cricket team:

Head coach : Inzamam-ul-Haq from Pakistan

Bowling coach : Manoj Prabhakar from India

Home ground : India

Will play Zimbabwe next week in UAE and will be live telecasted on TV.

Prabhakar named Afghanistan bowling coach | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

Goes on to show that sport can be a uniting force in the region, hope our policy makers learn a thing or two from it.

Afghan cricket team:

Head coach : Inzamam-ul-Haq from Pakistan

Bowling coach : Manoj Prabhakar from India

Home ground : India

Will play Zimbabwe next week in UAE and will be live telecasted on TV.

Prabhakar named Afghanistan bowling coach | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

yes, hosting million of Afghan refugees --> hatred of Pakistanis

Head coach : Inzamam-ul-Haq from Pakistan --> undoubtedly great unifier ...

yes, hosting million of Afghan refugees --> hatred of Pakistanis

Purely effect of sponsoring terrorism and instability in Afghanistan. Every bit of it will be hardwired into the memory of the now and future generation too. Nothing of it will be forgotten and will be asked for in good time, mark my word - inshallah. Badal/retribution is part of our DNA. I strongly believe friendship between the two countries is almost impossible.

Last edited:
To be honest the ONLY guarantee of peace will come with economic inter-dependency, NOT cricket. Cricket is a sport that reaches silly nationalistic levels and creates bad blood.

The real thrust should be on economic integration. But while Pakistanis keep harping on cricket (mainly because of the nationalistic BS) but NOT on economic cooperation. Also benefactors of Pakistan who see a use for Pakistan surely do not want that to happen and would seek a Pakistan dependent on them alone.

Purely effect of sponsoring terrorism and instability in Afghanistan. Every bit of it will be hardwired into the memory of the now and future generation too. Nothing of it will be forgotten and will be asked for in good time, mark my word - inshallah. Badal/retribution is part of our DNA. I strongly believe friendship between the two countries is almost impossible.

I'm sorry my brother but this is revisionist history. The refugees did not come to Pakistan yesterday -- they came when your civil war started. The civil war which resulted in large part when your, then legitimate government, invited the erstwhile USSR (perhaps you have not read history -- the Soviet politburos documents are now public and they show than the USSR did not want to intervene in Afghanistan but stumbled into it at the behest of your leaders).

Not only that, the consequent Pakistani support of the then Mujahideen started as a result of Pakistan adopting an Afghan forward policy which was in response to decades of Afghan support for Baloch and Pashtun secessionists (the terrorists of their time).

So if you do wish for Badal, do so against your country men, the inheritors of Muhammad Tarki, Daud Khan Shaheed (who was Shaheeded by the Afghan Army), Babrak Karmal, Kahraman-i Milli Masood, etc. etc.

So my dear, it is very convenient and human to blame others for your misfortune. I have always maintained that it must be humiliating for Afghans to seek refuge amongst the Pakistani people whom they have viewed with disdain from decades.

Have you ever seen the Bosnians seek refuge in Serbia?

;-) oh and I do agree friendship between our peoples is unlikely until one of the two people capitulates like Germany did to the US in WWII.

Good for you and you had it your way. We will also.

Could it be, could it be that your are admitting to the original sin? Noooo! can't be -- I must be seeing things. ;-)

A person or a nation as ungrateful as Afghans, should be ashamed of its shameless and brazen behaviour towards to its saviour Pakistan. When USSR attacked your country, no one was there to help you against the big bear and you came running like bare-foot crying baby to Pakistan for help. We helped you and since then we are hosting an upwards of 10-15 million Afghan refugees who brought to our country drug trafficking, arms smuggling, terrorism, child abuse and many ugly things. You should be thoroughly ashamed of your existence and how dare you caveman threaten us of retribution...you are ungrateful and vile people who will suffer at hands of nature if you don't mend your ways and following the acts of qoam-e-loot.
I would rather say Pakistan should once again support Afghan Taliban to throw these ungrateful and vile people into the trash bags.

Not issuing any threat, I never do that. I will leave at that.

My brother, I agree, not threats but just a display of your ignorance and lack of logic.

Oh and brother, history has yet to see any Badal against the Greeks, Mongols, the Soviets. Are you certain Badal is in your DNA? It sounds more like a tall claim.

Nothing of it will be forgotten and will be asked for in good time, mark my word - inshallah. Badal/retribution is part of our DNA.

Are you thick or something? 40 years of war messed your head? In the civilized world, when people spew trash like this, we generally agree they're trying to talk tough.

I'm sorry my brother but this is revisionist history. The refugees did not come to Pakistan yesterday -- they came when your civil war started. The civil war which resulted in large part when your, then legitimate government, invited the erstwhile USSR (perhaps you have not read history -- the Soviet politburos documents are now public and they show than the USSR did not want to intervene in Afghanistan but stumbled into it at the behest of your leaders).

Not only that, the consequent Pakistani support of the then Mujahideen started as a result of Pakistan adopting an Afghan forward policy which was in response to decades of Afghan support for Baloch and Pashtun secessionists (the terrorists of their time).

So if you do wish for Badal, do so against your country men, the inheritors of Muhammad Tarki, Daud Khan Shaheed (who was Shaheeded by the Afghan Army), Babrak Karmal, Kahraman-i Milli Masood, etc. etc.

So my dear, it is very convenient and human to blame others for your misfortune. I have always maintained that it must be humiliating for Afghans to seek refuge amongst the Pakistani people whom they have viewed with disdain from decades.

Have you ever seen the Bosnians seek refuge in Serbia?

;-) oh and I do agree friendship between our peoples is unlikely until one of the two people capitulates like Germany did to the US in WWII.

Could it be, could it be that your are admitting to the original sin? Noooo! can't be -- I must be seeing things. ;-)

Afghanistan's policy on the issue of Pashtunistan had been a truly principled one. Our policy were in line with the wishes of the legitimate Pashtun representatives i.e. Bacha Khan nad khudai Khitmagaran which fended for the rights of Pashtuns as their only legitimate representatives. Despite the unsettled Durand Line issue (as is today), Afghanistan has abstained from threatening the territory that is called Pakistan, and at times situations might have flared but important events in history would testify that aggression of any type was not contemplated when it came to issues of contention with Pakistan. You would ask the Bajauar event, which Pakistanis now twist and twirl as an Afghan invasion to reclaim Pashtunistan - that a is pure rubbish. In fact during your wars Afghanistan had given Pakistan full assurance of no aggression from within Afghan territories as a muslim state. This assurance was provided on every occasion when Pakistan was or faces threat of war. People within my extended family and thousands from southern Afghanistan took active part in the war in Kashmir, especially in Paktia region. Go find out. It was the discretion of the men of those times I particularly don't have any view on it. Afghanistan could have easily invaded Pakistan had it wanted to, which I now believe was a historical blunder.

The Bosnian and Serbia example is non-factual. First, the issue of Durand line did not concern the average Afghans and nor did Afghans hated or considered Pakistanis as enemy. Afghans' migration to Pakistan happened without any antipathy for Pakistan and under the circumstances where there was an active encouragement from within Pakistan, is by far not analogous to the Bosnia-Serbia. Above all, Afghans migrated to Quetta and Peshawar and they felt almost home.

Post Jihad, Afghans willfully considered Pakistan as a brother country, their compatriots to whom they felt indebted to. But Pakistan made poor choices by even wrong-doing the Mujahideen. Even Mujahideen began to doubt and happened tp detect malevolent design of stirring trouble amongst them by Pakistan as an extension of a strategy wishing a weak and divided Afghanistan. Mujahideen and including the ones Pakistan considered ally (not so much) were back-stabbed and Taliban were supported, to where we are now....

Either imperial hubris or a dogmatic policy based on fear from a weakened country that was never hostile but a friend to Pakistan, has not done Pakistan any favor. Keeping Afghanistan unstable by inciting a deadly conflict which has produced misery and mayhem? Well it was a Pyrrhic victory then. On a strategic level on a balance to what you have wanted to achieve, your remain in net loss. How big, I will let you work it. Afghanistan was your friend but you turned it an enemy yourself. Judging from present, Afghanistan has also made poor choices.

Anyway, even if swap Afghanistan as Pakistan, I would consider its policy as a muslim as immoral and dishonorable and munafiq-like.

Are you thick or something? 40 years of war messed your head? In the civilized world, when people spew trash like this, we generally agree they're trying to talk tough.
Amongst an army of retards who threatens other with nuclear bombing, and one who cannot then not differentiate what a threat is, I ask for forgiveness.

My brother, I agree, not threats but just a display of your ignorance and lack of logic.

Oh and brother, history has yet to see any Badal against the Greeks, Mongols, the Soviets. Are you certain Badal is in your DNA? It sounds more like a tall claim.

Judging from this post, logic and genuine enlightenment does't seem to be your feat. You have just done what you accuse me for. I won't indulge in nonsense. I am busy right now with real life commitment, so I won't be around for too long in PDF; I will respond when I have time. Nice talking to you anyway.

Afghanistan's policy on the issue of Pashtunistan had been a truly principled one. Our policy were in line with the wishes of the legitimate Pashtun representatives i.e. Bacha Khan nad khudai Khitmagaran which fended for the rights of Pashtuns as their only legitimate representatives.

And what was that stand ... fragmentation of Pakistan? ... how was it principled, the treaty of Durand, and the subsequent treaties of Rawalpindi have never been challenged by the Afghan government in any court of law, nor has any document been presented by the Afghan government to show that the Durand treaty stands abjured.

The Durand line is not recognized as disputed by any international body or sovereign state as (except Afghanistan)

Further how do you extend your thesis to the support of Baluch separatists?

Despite the unsettled Durand Line issue (as is today), Afghanistan has abstained from threatening the territory that is called Pakistan, and at times situations might have flared but important events in history would testify that aggression of any type was not contemplated when it came to issues of contention with Pakistan.

And, Pakistanis should be thankful that you did not stab us in the back?

You would ask the Bajauar event, which Pakistanis now twist and twirl as an Afghan invasion to reclaim Pashtunistan - that a is pure rubbish. In fact during your wars Afghanistan had given Pakistan full assurance of no aggression from within Afghan territories as a muslim state. This assurance was provided on every occasion when Pakistan was or faces threat of war. People within my extended family and thousands from southern Afghanistan took active part in the war in Kashmir, especially in Paktia region.

Yes, and, I as a Pakistani feel that should be the natural order of things -- Pakistan should expect unqualified support from Afghans, say on Kashmir and vice-a-versa, Afghans should expect unqualified support from Pakistan. If the Druand line is an irritant we can form a joint sovereignty mechanism -- which is not unknown in the world. Your point is?

Go find out. It was the discretion of the men of those times I particularly don't have any view on it. Afghanistan could have easily invaded Pakistan had it wanted to, which I now believe was a historical blunder.

Yes, Afghans would really have any chance to invade Pakistan -- the people would have welcomed you with open arms as liberators.

The Bosnian and Serbia example is non-factual.

Just because you say it is non-factual does not make it so -- the Afghans run for refuge to their supposed tormentors -- there are a million in Punjab and Sindh alone, even today. Have you seen the Bosnians seek refuge in Serbia?

First, the issue of Durand line did not concern the average Afghans and nor did Afghans hated or considered Pakistanis as enemy. Afghans' migration to Pakistan happened without any antipathy for Pakistan

Well, then why don't you leave Pakistan now, especially Punjab and Sindh -- there is enough apathy now? You have raised the ambit of Badal -- at least be honest intellectually.

and under the circumstances where there was an active encouragement from within Pakistan, is by far not analogous to the Bosnia-Serbia. Above all, Afghans migrated to Quetta and Peshawar and they felt almost home.

Again your claims that Afghans migrated to Quetta and Peshawar is false. A large percentage continues to reside in Punjab and Sindh [unless you consider these loy Afghanistan]

Post Jihad, Afghans willfully considered Pakistan as a brother country, their compatriots to whom they felt indebted to. But Pakistan made poor choices by even wrong-doing the Mujahideen. Even Mujahideen began to doubt and happened tp detect malevolent design of stirring trouble amongst them by Pakistan as an extension of a strategy wishing a weak and divided Afghanistan. Mujahideen and including the ones Pakistan considered ally (not so much) were back-stabbed and Taliban were supported, to where we are now.

Oh please, how many peace treaties did your elders agree to and broke -- don't blame Pakistan -- just look at your near history, how the Parcham and Khalq ripped your social fabric apart, so did their successors -- the Mujahideen and their successors the Taliban as has the kleptocracy that has followed. That your don't have an NDS chief or a Defense minister today is also the fault of Pakistan.

Either imperial hubris or a dogmatic policy based on fear from a weakened country that was never hostile but a friend to Pakistan, has not done Pakistan any favor. Keeping Afghanistan unstable which has breaded misery and mayhem? Well it was a Pyrrhic victory then. Afghanistan was your friend but you turned it an enemy yourself. Judging from present, Afghanistan has also made poor choices.

No my dear, Afghans were never our friends, we thought Afghans to us were like the Turks -- our elder's mistakes.

Anyway, even if swap Afghanistan as Pakistan, I would consider its policy as a muslim as immoral and dishonorable and munafiq-like.

I'm sorry but the banditry of your elite dwarfs the banditry of the Pakistani elite. Not really anything to be proud of but Afghans are the last to preach moral certitude to anyone.

Amongst an army of retards who threatens other with nuclear bombing, and one who cannot then not differentiate what a threat is, I ask for forgiveness.

My dear, like your previous assertions this one too is sadly absent in reality -- it is not Pakistan which introduced nuclear weapons to the South Asia -- and how telling the only Muslim nations that laments Pakistan's nuclear weapons is the Afghans whose poor run to Pakistan (50,000 of them daily) without visas for the cure of their every ailment.

I do pity you -- how disgusting it must be to have to seek shelter amongst a people you hate so much.

Judging from this post, logic and genuine enlightenment does't seem to be your feat. You have just done what you accuse me for. I won't indulge in nonsense. I am busy right now with real life commitment, so I won't be around for too long in PDF; I will respond when I have time. Nice talking to you anyway.

Yes my dear, the shrill cry of Badal being an intrinsic part of your DNA is really enlightened -- it simply reeks of logic. How could a person of poor Pakistani heritage like me compare to the weight of your wisdom.

If this is enlightenment -- I wonder what ignorance looks like?

Anyhow real life is unfolding in Afghanistan -- maybe you along with your family will once again run to Pakistan seeking refuge? [shudder]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom