What's new

Crane accident in Makkah claims several lives, hundreds injured

Blimy...look at the amount of cranes surrounding the mosque. Looks less of a religious place...& more of a crane parking site!

Unfortunate accident, i believe more security for the pilgrimage needs to be provided in light of such failures.

What do you mean by Dejavu? Are you liking the fact that innocent people are killed?

Definitely not . Am not that kind of guy those who takes pleasure in others sorrow . I have lots more better things to cheer about personally and Nationally .

2nd: This was the quote of indian news channel . My credibility and intention of this news can be understood if you go through my update on this incident . Infact i was the first to break this news here and updated accordingly and kept ahead of official news report . Its called news and updates .

3rdly on DeJa Vu 9/11-September 11th :It's matter of fact sometimes Days destructions takes place has some commonality and pattern too . That's different subject altogether .And different topic which are highly investigated in details by many government authorities .

Blimy...look at the amount of cranes surrounding the mosque. Looks less of a religious place...& more of a crane parking site!

Thats expansion work going on !

Unfortunate accident, i believe more security for the pilgrimage needs to be provided in light of such failures.

Security always on high alert in religious places like Mecca . But the problem started when humans always greedy .

I saw but latest reports says praying going on at grand masque as normal . Told my indian source in saudi . What is very good thing is nearly 125 indian doctors are there to give additional support . I dint know whether they were appointed by saudi or went there for some conference . Its still not clear ...

But what you think about this date bro . Its 9/11 and 7/11 verdict came today . 11 is not so good date ?

This tragedy was due to a natural occurence. The dates are just a coincidence.

Am sorry as far as Indians are concerned : 26/11 - 7/11 - 9/11 ... Just an info
The Americans use MM/DD/YY format, while most other countries follow a DD/MM/YY format.

September 11 is not the same as 26-November or 11-June

The amount and pace of expansion projects is overwhelming.

The Americans use MM/DD/YY format, while most other countries follow a DD/MM/YY format.

September 11 is not the same as 26-November or 11-June

The amount and pace of expansion projects is overwhelming.

Just look at the number 11 !!! Well that's how conspiracy theorist like to dig in

sad............:(:(:(:(
but they will be buried in the soil of Makkah which is an honor

RIP poor pilgrims. Very sad. Nothing from masjid al-haram is left except ugly Suadi Las vegas hotels and crapy junks around it ... The have mistaken masjid al-haram with play ground.

Just few days back a massive fire burnt one of the biggest Saudi oil compamie.

Fire at Saudi oil company residence kills 11

President's Secretariat
12-September, 2015 10:50 IST
President of India expresses condolences over the loss of lives due to crane crash in Mecca

The President of India, Shri Pranab Mukherjee has expressed his deep concern over the loss of lives and injuries caused to pilgrims when a construction crane collapsed at the Masjid al-Haram (Grand Mosque) in Mecca.

The President of India conveyed his heartfelt condolences to the families of deceased and his prayers for the speedy recovery of the injured.

He also called upon concerned authorities in India to extend every assistance possible to the families of the deceased Indian pilgrims and those injured in the incident.

Vice President's Secretariat
12-September, 2015 10:34 IST
VICE PRESIDENT DEEPLY CONDOLES THE LOSS OF LIVES OF HAJ PILGRIMS AT GRAND MOSQUE IN MECCA

The Vice President of India Shri M. Hamid Ansari
has deeply condoled the loss of a number of lives and injuries of Haj pilgrims at the Grand Mosque in Mecca, Saudi Arabia.

Following is the text of Vice President’s condolence message :

“I am deeply saddened to learn about the accident at the Grand Mosque in Mecca, Saudi Arabia that has resulted in the loss of a number of lives and injuries of Haj pilgrims. I understand that casualties include 10 Indian nationals. Relief and rescue operations are presently underway and every effort should be made to render all possible aid to the injured and the bereaved families.

I join the people of the country in conveying my heartfelt condolences to the families of the deceased. I wish speedy recovery to the injured persons.”

Prime Minister's Office
12-September, 2015 10:06 IST
PM condoles the loss of lives in the crane crash in Mecca

The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi has condoled the loss of lives in the crane crash in Mecca.

"My thoughts and prayers are with the families of those who lost their lives in the crane crash in Mecca. I wish the injured a quick recovery", the Prime Minister said.

انا للّٰہ و انا الیہ راجعون
May the departed souls rest in eternal peace. I believe all the construction work should have stopped for these sixty days.

Riyadh: Two Indian Haj pilgrims, one from Kerala and the other from West Bengal, were among the 107 people killed in the crane accident at the Grand Mosque in the Saudi Arabian holy city of Mecca, while 15 Indians are among the injured, officials said on Saturday.

According to External Affairs Ministry spokesperson Vikas Swarup, 15 Indians have been injured in the incident. They are being treated at hospitals and assistance have been provided to them.

He added that senior officers, including India's Consul General, are on the ground in Mecca. Indian doctors have been deployed in all government hospitals.

"Regrettably we have been informed that 2 Indians have been killed in the unfortunate accident. They were from Kerala," Swarup added.

A 33-year-old woman from Palakkad has been identified among the dead. A relative of the victim told reporters at her home here that the news was conveyed to them by her husband Muhammed Ismail.

"They left from here on Tuesday (for the Haj). The sad news has not been conveyed to their three young children. The last rites would be performed there and Ismail will return only after completing the pilgrimage," said the relative.

The Ministry of External Affairs, meanwhile, said that the second Keralite has not yet been identified. However, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said a woman from the state is among those killed in the crane accident.

"As of now, one death and two injuries have been reported from our state. Muniza Ahmed from Asansol has lost her life. Liakat Hossain from West Midnapore and Hasem Ali from Malda have received injuries," Banerjee said on Facebook.

In the meantime, General Suleiman al-Amr, director general of the Civil Defence Authority, told al-Ikhbariya television: "All those who were wounded and the dead have been taken to hospital. There are no casualties left at the location.”

Strong wind and rains had uprooted trees and rocked cranes in the area, he said.

At least 107 people were killed when a crane toppled over at Mecca`s Grand Mosque on Friday, Saudi Arabia`s Civil Defence authority said, less than two weeks before Islam`s annual haj pilgrimage.

At least 238 people were wounded, Saudi Arabia`s Civil Defence body said.

Vikas Swarup, official spokesperson, MEA posted on Twitter - "Our Consulate in Jeddah is monitoring situation in Makkah following tragic accident. We have received reports that 9 Indian pilgrims are injured."

Ministry of External Affairs spokesperson, Vikas Swarup, this morning tweeted the helpline numbers.

The 24X7 helpline numbers to reach the Indian mission in Saudi Arabia are:

A toll-free number for pilgrims in the Saudi Kingdom has also been set up. It is:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom