What's new

CPI(M) Urges Centre to Stop Buying Weapons From Israel

Avik274

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
7_img1301214220549.jpg

CPI(M) Politburo member Sitaram Yechury today asked India to suspend buying weapons from Israel as it is helping them to fund their war against Palestine.

"Unfortunately, India has been financing Israel's inhuman war on Palestine by being the largest purchaser of Israeli weapons in the world. We have been asking the government to stop buying weapons from Israel, if it doesn't want to stop, then at least, suspend the purchase of weapons to express our solidarity with Palestine," Yechury said at the first Satyendranath Majumdar Memorial Lecture here organised by AIPSO.

"The government has now clarified that there is no change in India's support to Palestine cause, but what is the use of it if you continue to buy the weapons and finance its (Israel) war on Palestine," the CPI(M) Rajya Sabha member said.

Yechury also lashed out at the US for its policies of trying to create hegemony across the globe and blamed it for the conflict in Middle East in order to create its supremacy over oil and gas resources.

He also cautioned the Centre of not trying to get swayed by the US while deciding its policy on China.

"The US wants all its friendly countries to a play a role in containing China whom it doesn't want to see as emerging as a global player after the fall of the Soviet Union. The only economic and strategic power that can come close to US is China, its containment is a part of US strategy and India should not be part of it," Yechury said.

"Already several chinks are appearing in India's foreign policies. We want India not to get swayed by the US considerations and its strategy of trying to contain China," he added.

Defence News - CPI(M) Urges Centre to Stop Buying Weapons From Israel

:lol::lol:

This is why I hate the CPM.
Morons dont have anytime to spend for their own nation and fucked up two state Bengal and Kerala.But have enough time for talking on the behalf of China.

Actually I am astounded by their stupidity.With 11 seats in Parliment they dont have any authority to remain as national party.And yet they talking about big things.

And PM is in the formality to change Indias stance towards the Palestine issue

Lol.. The Communist I had a real respect was Somnath Chaterjee. Such a personality. I can only hope, Prakash Karat, Sitaram echury can be as half good as him.. They are a waste of space in Indian political arena. Their only goal is to make India backward..

CPI(M) leaders will be next asking us to stand folded hands in front of enemy...:o:

wow.. look who is lecturing about India's foreign policy.. & cautioning Modi led Indian govt about how to conduct business with US. Isn't he one of the signatories to that letter written by the Parliamentarians begging US President not to let Modi in? On one hand he wants US to take a stand on India's internal affairs... & on the other.. he wants India to keep US at bay. Make your mind up you moron...

Why Bengal has so many Anti National Politicians , i am not taking about common people but this Karat and mamata

CPI has lost almost all its relevance in today's society. With a rotting structure and archaic ideology (not to mention aging leadership), GOD knows how long will they survive.
On Topic: Would Mr. Yechury care to explain choices in front of us. Indo Israel relations have been nurtured by both Congress and BJP led governments and Israel has become one of the most trusted nations as far as we are concerned. No government would let that slip.
These aren't NAM days and sorry to say but being politically correct everywhere in Foreign policy isn't going to serve anyone's interest.

Back
Top Bottom