What's new

CPEC's Alternative For China

If you calculate you will find Myanmar route is more economical for China as 90% China population is in east. Only thing thing which is relevant with CPEC would be Iran gas pipeline. Rest the oil route is better suited from Myanmar as oil pipeline can also travel from Myanmar port to China.

There are two pipelines (gas and oil) from Kyaukpyu,Myanmar to Kunming, Yunnan.

They are already operational.

If you calculate you will find Myanmar route is more economical for China as 90% China population is in east. Only thing thing which is relevant with CPEC would be Iran gas pipeline. Rest the oil route is better suited from Myanmar as oil pipeline can also travel from Myanmar port to China.

Yes Myanmar Is Quite Viable But Risky Since To Reach Myanmar They Would Have To Pass Through Andaman and Nicobar Islands Where Indian Navy Is Present And Now With LEMOA Even US Navy Will Access Here

The border between Myanmar and China isn't peaceful. China has resorted to go through Lao/Thailand/Cambodia.

Yes Myanmar Is Quite Viable But Risky Since To Reach Myanmar They Would Have To Pass Through Andaman and Nicobar Islands Where Indian Navy Is Present And Now With LEMOA Even US Navy Will Access Here
Actually that will give China enough excuse to have its navy present in this area.

Bashing starts In three two one!!
OT: If you look at the map India Bangladesh route or through Myanmar is much more shorter than cpec and much closer to China's east .. Tough Himalayan terrain can be a problem though

And it passes 3 different nations, which means more trade for China.

That is access to 2 BILLION people in economies growing at 5-6% yearly.

Its in PAkistan economic interest for China and India not to friends for this reason.

Woow Soon this Region would be alternate of Europe within 3 to 4 decades. now i must think how can Pakistan also invest with china in this kind of projects?
As i know that Pakistan exports rice, kinnows, mangoes, furniture, cotton fiber, cement, tiles, marble, textiles, clothing, leather goods, sports goods (renowned for footballs/soccer balls), Cutlery, surgical instruments, electrical appliances, software, carpets, rugs, ice cream, livestock meat, chicken, powdered milk, wheat, seafood

And these can be easily found there, where this kind of projects are being developed so i think we have nothing to export and invest there?

Lol can any one understand what CPEC is really going to do here. the alternate proposed route is in no way rival to CPEC as China can tap into those markets via SCS.

why we are lacking in hardware, automobile, Copper Production, Gold Production and many more major industries
cant our Oil Refinery work there with Chinese ?
infect we should work with chines in all field in this kind of projects to get the updated knowledge, to understand the technology?

As Pakistanis are keeping all their hopes up for CPEC, there is an alternative route China have been proposing. This route involves India, Bangladesh and Myanmar. China recently announced an investment of 24B$ in Bangladesh which will be invested on Port, roads and railway links. China have also been in talk with India to join the route for trade activities but India is reluctant to join the Idea of old enemy. This will undermine the growing economy of India. This route could pass through Bhutan, Assam and end on Bangladesh's port. Even if India don't join China can still link its self through Myanmar. Where China have already built a high way till its border with Myanmar. This route is nearest to Beijing to enter the Indian ocean and can provide a alternative for trade in case Pakistan become unstable and there is a blockade on sea route.
So what Pakistanis have to do is not to put all eggs in one basket. They should work hard on this project but not totally keep all their hopes up on this. Pakistan should also start their efforts to link it self to Russia and Europe through the route of Iran and Azerbaijan. This route can also link Gawadar to Pakistan ally Turkey. One thing Pakistanis should know that CPEC was meant for the development of Xingiang and alternative route for worst case scenario for china. It was never meant to replace the sea route.
Hope Pakistanis will make wise decision in their policies.
View attachment 343568
View attachment 343569

That route is not alternate to CPEC you just dont know or pretending to be ignore it, CPEC is safest and shortest route for Chinese oil, gas and other supplies coming from ME or west, India can be bussines partner of China but India is strategic rival of China so dont try to fool people here.

One project (CPEC) is the Silk Road the other project is the String of Pearls.. the first one is a land based project and comprises a port.. the second one is a purely sea based project comprising ports from Malaysia to Sri Lanka through Bangladesh.. and may include other nations too..

Woow Soon this Region would be alternate of Europe within 3 to 4 decades. now i must think how can Pakistan also invest with china in this kind of projects?
As i know that Pakistan exports rice, kinnows, mangoes, furniture, cotton fiber, cement, tiles, marble, textiles, clothing, leather goods, sports goods (renowned for footballs/soccer balls), Cutlery, surgical instruments, electrical appliances, software, carpets, rugs, ice cream, livestock meat, chicken, powdered milk, wheat, seafood

And these can be easily found there, where this kind of projects are being developed so i think we have nothing to export and invest there?
Hey man, I just bought a high quality pair of jeans, and I was surprised they were made in Pakistan, I had the choice with other nice good quality jeans made in Canada, but they just didn't match the overall quality and look of the ones made in Pakistan for the same price..

This is not an alternative for CPEC. The basic purpose of it is to cut the middleman from Oil and China.

Yes it is not an alternative but an additional route. A country the size of China looks at all the possible routes to increase trade and cooperation.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom