What's new

CPEC to open new vistas of opportunities for Balochistan: BA speaker

saiyan0321

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Balochistan Assembly (BA) Speaker Rahila Durrani on Monday said that the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) would open up new avenues of opportunities for the people of Balochistan by addressing their socio-economic issues.

“The CPEC will contribute to the uplift of poor population of Balochistan and would help them directly reap benefits from this mega project of prosperity,” the speaker said in an interview.

The first elected woman speaker of Balochistan, who is in town to attend a two-day CPEC Summit and Expo, said the project is of particular significance for her province that currently faces the challenges of water, electricity and infrastructure.

“Belonging to Balochistan, it’s a point of satisfaction for me to see my province on path to development by exploiting the potentials of CPEC,” she said.

Speaker Durrani said with the completion of Gwadar Seaport, Balochistan would act as a gateway to the region.

She dismissed the impression that provinces were deprived of their fair share in CPEC and added that all the provinces are being consulted for the construction of industrial and economic zones.

“On CPEC, we are on one page. This is a project for whole Pakistan,” she said.

Durrani said the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz government is committed to the welfare of women and believed in their national mainstreaming.

“For me as a woman, holding an important portfolio is the achievement of all women of Pakistan,” she added.

http://www.pakistantoday.com.pk/201...-of-opportunities-for-balochistan-ba-speaker/

Back
Top Bottom