What's new

CPEC Peshawar Karachi Motorway Section 1 Project Manager is visiting at site

Shows how serious two countries are with regard to CPEC.

Shows how serious two countries are with regard to CPEC.
I salute you optimism sir.
Many projects are put on hold.
Such as the main Karachi Peshawar railway line, that is one of the main feature of cpec....
Diamer basha was cancelled. Even if Chinese are not agreeing with pakistani terms, the two premiers can talk and solve the matter. Chinese government would have given warranty to the investor or else find another investor that is ready on our terms. But we downright refused and ridiculed them.
The political elite themselves don't know the kind of industrial operation China wants and is about to happen.
The kpk province has selected a site at first, which was approved by the Chinese for sez's... But later Chinese refused it , they now ask to built sez in hattar along with already present hattar industrial state.
Does Chinese only wanted to run pakistan's current industry or wanted to shift theirs?
Same they want an sez in Faisalabad near an area which is already industrial...
Such mess, no clarity on issue...
Media was not invited in any forum . Media was only happy to discuss hit topics. Not a single team was present at Davos to cover the event. The channels should have dispatched their own teams to cover Davos and interview people there. I don't they have reporters with enough caliber to interview international people or those who understand international issues. Things and ideas are not clear and open. And government want people to be confused.
As long as people remain confused the politicians are happy.
Apart from that no sez in other provinces. Sometime the province was not ready other times the Chinese won't agree....
And who is going to develop gawader.
It may be chinese money but we must be the men in control.
All the sez in gawader would only house Chinese industry. No partnerships?
No sez in baluchistan was yet approved or discussed?
1 caror people live in baluchistan. 2 sez's and government jobs would solve the issue of joblessness and make it a developed province. But no. No one cares.
All the gas power plants running on GE motors, the GE turbines are having problem.
All three power plants in punjab are not even running on half the capacity.
We may have more electricity from other projects that are about to start but what about these three projects ?
We would pay the loan for these failed projects which are not running efficiently?
Even the turbines after fixing, is not running above 40 percent.
It turns out that GE was having these problems from a long time. The company is no longer what it used to be.
Who discussed the oil city, where would it be built? What are the details, it's all words....
All words.
You can have great things but if you do not have men who know how to run them , then they are of no use... An amature person would destroy them....

Last edited:
Desi people. Desi thinking. Desi solution is what you get in Pakistan. And you see the result.

I salute you optimism sir.
Many projects are put on hold.
Such as the main Karachi Peshawar railway line, that is one of the main feature of cpec....
Diamer basha was cancelled. Even if Chinese are not agreeing with pakistani terms, the two premiers can talk and solve the matter. Chinese government would have given warranty to the investor or else find another investor that is ready on our terms. But we downright refused and ridiculed them.
The political elite themselves don't know the kind of industrial operation China wants and is about to happen.
The kpk province has selected a site at first, which was approved by the Chinese for sez's... But later Chinese refused it , they now ask to built sez in hattar along with already present hattar industrial state.
Does Chinese only wanted to run pakistan's current industry or wanted to shift theirs?
Same they want an sez in Faisalabad near an area which is already industrial...
Such mess, no clarity on issue...
Media was not invited in any forum . Media was only happy to discuss hit topics. Not a single team was present at Davos to cover the event. The channels should have dispatched their own teams to cover Davos and interview people there. I don't they have reporters with enough caliber to interview international people or those who understand international issues. Things and ideas are not clear and open. And government want people to be confused.
As long as people remain confused the politicians are happy.
Apart from that no sez in other provinces. Sometime the province was not ready other times the Chinese won't agree....
And who is going to develop gawader.
It may be chinese money but we must be the men in control.
All the sez in gawader would only house Chinese industry. No partnerships?
No sez in baluchistan was yet approved or discussed?
1 caror people live in baluchistan. 2 sez's and government jobs would solve the issue of joblessness and make it a developed province. But no. No one cares.
All the gas power plants running on GE motors, the GE turbines are having problem.
All three power plants in punjab are not even running on half the capacity.
We may have more electricity from other projects that are about to start but what about these three projects ?
We would pay the loan for these failed projects which are not running efficiently?
Even the turbines after fixing, is not running above 40 percent.
It turns out that GE was having these problems from a long time. The company is no longer what it used to be.
Who discussed the oil city, where would it be built? What are the details, it's all words....
All words.
You can have great things but if you do not have men who know how to run them , then they are of no use... An amature person would destroy them....
Long thread. Most of the things you said shows that you are not up to date with things. You are unhappy with absence of media at Davos, I wonder how is that linked to CPEC.
You mentioned about Karachi Peshawar railway line is a huge project worth 9 Billion dollars, such projects dont happen over night, multiple feasibility studies are conducted , which in this case are underway.
You said no SEZ is in Balochistan , again thats your complete ignorance. What about Bostan Industrial zone. ( http://cpec.gov.pk/project-details/55 )

You jump from one thing to another. As far as oil city is matter , your concerns are rubbish.

I honestly think you need to study more about CPEC before coming here and complaining about everything just purely out of ignorance. Your knowledge is limited.

You keep on things if China is unsure Pakistan should complete these project themselves. Unfortunately my friend Pakistan has no money, so China is the boss here.

Long thread. Most of the things you said shows that you are not up to date with things. You are unhappy with absence of media at Davos, I wonder how is that linked to CPEC.
You mentioned about Karachi Peshawar railway line is a huge project worth 9 Billion dollars, such projects dont happen over night, multiple feasibility studies are conducted , which in this case are underway.
You said no SEZ is in Balochistan , again thats your complete ignorance. What about Bostan Industrial zone. ( http://cpec.gov.pk/project-details/55 )

You jump from one thing to another. As far as oil city is matter , your concerns are rubbish.

I honestly think you need to study more about CPEC before coming here and complaining about everything just purely out of ignorance. Your knowledge is limited.

You keep on things if China is unsure Pakistan should complete these project themselves. Unfortunately my friend Pakistan has no money, so China is the boss here.
True, I may have limited knowledge.
Working on Karachi Peshawar railway track is on issue from the start. Working has been done and the issue was taken up to the Chinese in the last jcc.
They declined and put the project on hold.
This do show, some dissatisfaction from the Chinese side .... They have stopped some major pipeline projects that both governments have been working from the start.
Sir you can go to Wikipedia and see the list of dams Pakistan is building from eternity. It sounds so well. But all is on paper and on Wikipedia nothing in ground.
For sez's there are said to be many sez's. But initially they have decided to built 8 sez's .
1 in each province, 1 in gb and ajk, 2 with Islamabad, which Islamabad was planning to make one in Islamabad and the other in Karachi.
But then what happened?
The Chinese are not agreeing on sez's sites that the provinces have bought and acquired. The Chinese are asking for sez's near or with in the industrial zones that are already developed. Only 1 in punjab at Faisalabad, 1 in kpk at hatar and 1 in Karachi. Do we need extension of those industrial zones or new industrial zones . Kpk chose a good site rashakai to develop their least developed area. Chinese disagreed at the last moment.
They are interested before. They keep on visiting the site before but this all of a sudden denial is suspious.
And sir what about the projects that are not performing .
https://www.google.com/amp/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN1EL0VN

Actually the thing at Davos, yes it has no relevance to this thread. It was just on my mind. Generally speaking our media should be more active. Our diplomacy should be more active. When pm was doing a press conference, there was no one in the audience to ask questions.
First time our pavilion is showcased in Davos, no news covered it. No news covered the sessions of our pm. While ministers were enjoying Davos ,doing nothing. It was not a holiday for them, but a venue for them to meet the people that matter and insist them to invest in Pakistan.
I am not against cpec. I am against the way government is handling things. Why is there so much secrecy still.
China is the investor but that doesn't mean we are going to be their slaves. These politicians are there dealing with the Chinese. They are there to do deals that would benefit Pakistan and Pakistanis the most.
They didn't mean to sell everything to China on the basis that no other investment is coming. Situation in Pakistan is much better. We have a very bad imagine. Which this pathetic government is unable to change .
If our image is better then we definitely would have more investments, So that is not the reason to sell everything to Chinese in cheaper terms, or accept their every wish.
This is an alliance in which we both would benefit . But in the end it's Chinese that are going to benefit more then Pakistan.

Last edited:
True, I may have limited knowledge.
Working on Karachi Peshawar railway track is on issue from the start. Working has been done and the issue was taken up to the Chinese in the last jcc.
They declined and put the project on hold.
This do show, some dissatisfaction from the Chinese side .... They have stopped some major pipeline projects that both governments have been working from the start.
Sir you can go to Wikipedia and see the list of dams Pakistan is building from eternity. It sounds so well. But all is on paper and on Wikipedia nothing in ground.
For sez's there are said to be many sez's. But initially they have decided to built 8 sez's .
1 in each province, 1 in gb and ajk, 2 with Islamabad, which Islamabad was planning to make one in Islamabad and the other in Karachi.
But then what happened?
The Chinese are not agreeing on sez's sites that the provinces have bought and acquired. The Chinese are asking for sez's near or with in the industrial zones that are already developed. Only 1 in punjab at Faisalabad, 1 in kpk at hatar and 1 in Karachi. Do we need extension of those industrial zones or new industrial zones . Kpk chose a good site rashakai to develop their least developed area. Chinese disagreed at the last moment.
They are interested before. They keep on visiting the site before but this all of a sudden denial is suspious.
And sir what about the projects that are not performing .
https://www.google.com/amp/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN1EL0VN

Actually the thing at Davos, yes it has no relevance to this thread. It was just on my mind. Generally speaking our media should be more active. Our diplomacy should be more active. When pm was doing a press conference, there was no one in the audience to ask questions.
First time our pavilion is showcased in Davos, no news covered it. No news covered the sessions of our pm. While ministers were enjoying Davos ,doing nothing. It was not a holiday for them, but a venue for them to meet the people that matter and insist them to invest in Pakistan.
I am not against cpec. I am against the way government is handling things. Why is there so much secrecy still.
China is the investor but that doesn't mean we are going to be their slaves. These politicians are there dealing with the Chinese. They are there to do deals that would benefit Pakistan and Pakistanis the most.
They didn't mean to sell everything to China on the basis that no other investment is coming. Situation in Pakistan is much better. We have a very bad imagine. Which this pathetic government is unable to change .
If our image is better then we definitely would have more investments, So that is not the reason to sell everything to Chinese in cheaper terms, or accept their every wish.
This is an alliance in which we both would benefit . But in the end it's Chinese that are going to benefit more then Pakistan.
Again a long thread, I would appreciate if you could just be to the point. Make your thread as short as possible. I am sure as a sensible Pakistani you wont be against CPEC and that your concerns regarding CPEC would have some substance into it , however you mix up so many things that I cant answer. I am in no way representative of GOP or Chinese government, but I have been closely following up the whole story.

Again a long thread, I would appreciate if you could just be to the point. Make your thread as short as possible. I am sure as a sensible Pakistani you wont be against CPEC and that your concerns regarding CPEC would have some substance into it , however you mix up so many things that I cant answer. I am in no way representative of GOP or Chinese government, but I have been closely following up the whole story.
So am I, I am not a representative, but following what is available by authentic source. Or atleast what ever leaks the mouth of the people incharge.
There is a lot of confusion and confusion is not good.
There are many things that are said.
There are many things that are planned.
But the reailty is what appears on ground and how would it benefit ordinary people.
One must also be very careful as cpec can be the project that can unite the country and it can be a project that can divide it.
Equal distribution and development is the key.

Pakistan has a lot to learn from the Chinese. We need to adopt the Chinese model of unparalleled hardwork and diligence to achieve against all odds. China is the only country in the history of the world to go from basket case of poverty and corruption to nearing superpower status in the matter of three decades.

So am I, I am not a representative, but following what is available by authentic source. Or atleast what ever leaks the mouth of the people incharge.
There is a lot of confusion and confusion is not good.
There are many things that are said.
There are many things that are planned.
But the reailty is what appears on ground and how would it benefit ordinary people.
One must also be very careful as cpec can be the project that can unite the country and it can be a project that can divide it.
Equal distribution and development is the key.
what you can expect from incompetent govt. Chinese are more difficult to deal then the whole word. They dont sale the slogan of friendship publically but only the benefit. But if you see the other side chinese are more sincere with us then the rest. Because atleast they are investing.

I also have alot of things to say and to share but i know people will degrade me immediately so i am taciturn.

Kha gae mery mulk ko jahil hukam raan.. Bs road banaty jao na pipe lines na rail network bs papers mai feasibility banaty jao phir cancle kro or phir banao phir sy cancle karo or phir se banao or yehi krty raho. Mujhe tuo imran khan ki govt banany ka intizar hai jabhi aaye investment duniya bhar se sirf china se nhi.

Pakistan has a lot to learn from the Chinese. We need to adopt the Chinese model of unparalleled hardwork and diligence to achieve against all odds. China is the only country in the history of the world to go from basket case of poverty and corruption to nearing superpower status in the matter of three decades.
Here is simple but remarkable fact. Western countries did not reach the stars because they are white. The Chinese have not pulled the miracle that you mention because they have slanted eyes. Both achieved success because both have adopted modern progressive thinking. The problem in Pakistan and lot of the Muslim world [excluding Turkey and few others] is they equate modern progressive thinking as "Western" and retarded thinking as "Desi". And their solution is offer more of the failed "desi" culture. Any suggestions of bringing in modern progressive ideas and there will be reaction of "westoxified, western lap dog" etc.

Adoption of progressive ideas is a criime and insult to our desi culture. But needing a few Chinese engineers to build our motorways or power stations is not seen as embarrassing. We are 200 million people country but to build a road we have to have Chinese engineers walking about.

Take the Chinese. The foundation of their success is that they adopted aspects of modernism that was first cultivated in the West. For instance the entire Chinese political philosophy and the core backbone of their state is communism. That is why CCP or Communist Party of China runs the country. Look at their flag. All this was inspired by the Russian Revolution and ideas of a German philosopher Karl Marx who wrote his book "Communist Manifesto" in London library. In short the modern Peoples Republic of China is inspired by Western political ideas.

The hypocracy and stupidity amongst our people is mind blowing. I think the elite have kept the majority illiterate or semi-literate for a reason. But I also blame the literate as well because they are handmaidens of the elite. For instance if I suggested making Urdu adopt Roman characters there would be a wave of abuse. Yet in this very forum many members write Urdu by using Roman Urdu for instance @El Sidd This hypocracy is just amazing.

The shame is that despite having 200 million people we need Chinese engineers to build our roads. That is matter of utter shame.

Last edited:
Here is simple but remarkable fact. Western countries did not reach the stars because they are white. The Chinese have not pulled the miracle that you mention because they have slanted eyes. Both achieved success because both have adopted modern progressive thinking. The problem in Pakistan and lot of the Muslim world [excluding Turkey and few others] is they equate modern progressive thinking as "Western" and retarded thinking as "Desi". And their solution is offer more of the failed "desi" culture. Any suggestions of bringing in modern progressive ideas and there will be reaction of "westoxified, western lap dog" etc.

Adoption of progressive ideas is a criime and insult to our desi culture. But needing a few Chinese engineers to build our motorways or power stations is not seen as embarrassing. We are 200 million people country but to build a road we have to have Chinese engineers walking about.

Take the Chinese. The foundation of their success is that they adopted aspects of modernism that was first cultivated in the West. For instance the entire Chinese political philosophy and the core backbone of their state is communism. That is why CCP or Communist Party of China runs the country. Look at their flag. All this was inspired by the Russian Revolution and ideas of a German philosopher Karl Marx who wrote his book "Communist Manifesto" in London library. In short the modern Peoples Republic of China is inspired by Western political ideas.

The hypocracy and stupidity amongst our people is mind blowing. I think the elite have kept the majority illiterate or semi-literate for a reason. But I also blame the literate as well because they are handmaidens of the elite. For instance if I suggested making Urdu adopt Roman characters there would be a wave of abuse. Yet in this very forum many members write Urdu by using Roman Urdu for instance @El Sidd This hypocracy is just amazing.

The shame is that despite having 200 million people we need Chinese engineers to build our roads. That is matter of utter shame.

Agreed, until Pakistani's are not willing to embrace change, Pakistan will not progress, its ingrained into Pakistani mind set that you see keep voting for the same thugs despite not bringing any major reforms,the country unfortunately continues to face the same issues over generations that keep haunting Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom