What's new

Cow cannot be anyone's mother, it's just another animal: Markande Katju

Maarkhoor

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
419646-katju-700-1.jpg

Varanasi: Describing lynching of a man near Delhi over rumours that he had consumed beefas "politically motivated", former Supreme Court judge Markande Katju on Saturday said cow was just another animal "which cannot be anyone's mother".
"Cow is just an animal and an animal cannot be anyone's mother, if I like to eat beef then what's harm in it, even people worldwide consume beef, if I like to too eat then who can stop me..." he said during a function at Banaras Hindu University.

Katju said he too ate beef and there was no harm in it. "Are those people across the world who eat beef are bad and only we (in the country) who don't eat are saints and seers, whats harm in it when people eat beef, I too eat and will even continue to eat further..." he said.

The former Allahabad High Court judge strongly condemned the killing of the man in Dadri and demanded severe punishment to those involved in it.

"I too came to know from media and others that an announcement was made from (inside) a temple that a man eats beef and then mob rushed and lynched that man.

"What could be more unfortunate than this that a man is killed on the basis of rumour and for no other reason. The culprits must be given severe punishment at an earliest," he told reporters.

Later, agitated over Katju's remarks, several students staged protest and shouted slogans against him. They also tried to block the way of Katju while he was heading to the seminar hall. Later the security guards shielded Katju and took him wit them.

Iqlakh was dragged out of his home and stoned to death on a village street after a public announcement from the local temple that the family had slaughtered a calf and eaten its meat. While Iqlakh died, his 22-year-old son Danish is battling for life at a hospital following two brain surgeries.
Cow cannot be anyone's mother, it's just another animal: Markande Katju | Zee News

Well that's his opinion, I respect that. But when we have laws against cow slaughter in many states people need to respect the law.

What is Katju View on Pakistan??

-justicekatju.blogspot.in- 2013 03 the-truth-about-pakistan.html

selctive quoting is not good..

And he is one of 90% Indians. :pop::pop::pop::pop::pop:
What do you mean by 90% Indians? There are 100 per cent Indians in India and yes he is one of them.

Edit: The link was absent at first notice.
See, now what does that tell you about MK?

True that.... and people should stop putting their will on others...... if the recent incidents go unchecked by gov itss only going to get ugly. no matter whatever the f gov and rss says we'll still it cow

he's right, it is just an animal.

he's also right when he says muslims should eat sausage and bacon too.

I had no idea Jinnah used to eat pork, not surprising though, he did like his drink and was western educated.

Back
Top Bottom