What's new

COVID-19 Is a Bioweapon-Why World is Panicking

Depends on country.

Countries where public debt is high, as in most West, prices of basics will not decrease despite fall in fuel prices. Unemployment will increase and wages will decline, as they do after every economic crash.

Rents may or may not come down after the major housing crash. Depends on the prevailing interest rate then. Rents for luxury properties will tank though, as they did during last recession.

Rent in my country has been rising like crazy...now hey will stabilize then.

Still profitable for long term investors like Warren buffet.
And I hope after few months things will calm down like in China. But it just in China where it stopped , every where else it's growing rapidly.
Now I seriously doubt what Chinese are telling about the death and infection rate statistics. Media is strictly controlled in China. According to a Chinese Telecom company 23 million subscribers vanished all of a sudden and there Sim cards are switched off.
WHO official are there in China to verify unlike US where WHO officers presence are objected. The talk of China misreporting are nothing but smear to mask other countries inabilities to counter covid-19.

Millions of Chinese parents had haul back their children back to China from western countries becos situation indeed improve and no new cases happened. Rich Chinese parents wouldnt want to risk their children life if China hasnt passed peak.

Whoever comes up with this stuff is highly irresponsible. Forget the conspiracy theories for a second.

Even though some of the precautions listed there are sane and reasonable in any pandemic, telling people to stock up months worth of food supplies and medical supplies that they do not need, thus creating shortages for everyone and depriving front line medical staff of basic PPE is completely irresponsible.

We don't realise how fragile modern society is. We are used to going to the shops and easily buying what we need. It takes one catatrophic act of nature, one war or one major social breakdown to empty the shops. Then all the cash in your pockets will get you nothing.

One thing surprised me is that in Islam, hoarding is considered a crime. However, a muslim is allowed to keep a year's supply of wheat. Strange? Get out there and buy a big load of storable food, that'll keep your family for a year, then forget about it. More important in the west than in the developing world. Not now, when this crisis is over and things are normal.

they probably changed their numbers, moved to some other company with better packages/offers. Hopefully :undecided:
Or perhaps they are dead from the virus.
Changing a network in such difficult times ,or changing or switching off a old contact no is very unlikely.

We don't realise how fragile modern society is. We are used to going to the shops and easily buying what we need. It takes one catatrophic act of nature, one war or one major social breakdown to empty the shops. Then all the cash in your pockets will get you nothing.

One thing surprised me is that in Islam, hoarding is considered a crime. However, a muslim is allowed to keep a year's supply of wheat. Strange? Get out there and buy a big load of storable food, that'll keep your family for a year, then forget about it. More important in the west than in the developing world. Not now, when this crisis is over and things are normal.
I hear what you’re saying there but believe me, if The Big One was coming, I’d be first to abandon society and start stockpiling food and finding the nearest bunker. But Covid is nowhere near that serious, all hoarding achieves right now is temporary shortages and worse conditions for everyone.

I hear what you’re saying there but believe me, if The Big One was coming, I’d be first to abandon society and start stockpiling food and finding the nearest bunker. But Covid is nowhere near that serious, all hoarding achieves right now is temporary shortages and worse conditions for everyone.

Yes, I agree. However, what I said was for the big one.

I have been saying this for days. We will never get a vaccine.

COVID-19 = SARS + HIV

There is no vaccine for HIV even after 40 years.
plz dont spread panic.
HIV has no vaccine because it attacks T cells which are essential in creating antibodies. If that was the case here than nobody would have been able to create enough antibodies against Covid-19. But immune system responds so antibodies can be created.

plz dont spread panic.
HIV has no vaccine because it attacks T cells which are essential in creating antibodies. If that was the case here than nobody would have been able to create enough antibodies against Covid-19. But immune system responds so antibodies can be created.

Why is WHO testing HIV drugs on COVID-19 patients?

Why is WHO testing HIV drugs on COVID-19 patients?
bcz both are rna virus. a virus or bacteria has some specific parts which act as an antigen. same is true for antiobiotics. like penicillin has beta lactamase ring. if only that ring is changed or broken whole antibiotic is renderd useless. just like if you distrupt some common proteins present in both almost all rna viruses it may slow down its attack to a rate where body immune system, which is mostly intact unlike HIV, can take care of it.

This is looking really gloomy, guys. I can see social unrest coming up in the near future. People will kill for toilet paper, water and food... zombie apocalypse. :(

South Asia and Africa is where it could explode into madness first.

Back
Top Bottom