What's new

Covid-19 Impact: World Economy To Go Into Recession, Except India And China, UN Says

The McDonald clown is touchy do not mind him at all.

As manufacturing is restarting although not at full capacity yet but eventually will China better speed up the Navy buildup and show what a real dominator of the Western Pacific really looks like.

Whether or not the claim is outrageous, it is made by a UN affiliate thereby giving it credibility.

UNCTAD claims the Indian economy will grow in 2020 - there is no data to justify its forecast.
therefore the report has zero credibility, is that so hard to understand?

may be you should take your own advise, stop reading feel good nonsense and get a good whiff of reality.

World Bank approves $1 billion emergency funds for India to ..

Read more at:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...ofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

Are you really a think tank? Seems like community college education didn't teach you anything, that's why most of your posts are stupid. Every country takes aid at time of disaster. Even US took a lot of aid during hurricane Katrina. Besides, WB gives loans, not grants, and it gives it to countries that can afford to pay them back. My dad owns tons of properties around the world, but still takes loans whenever interest rates are piss low and invests his own money in high yield assets, and banks gladly lend it. Taking loans is not a sign of weakness or a sign you don't have money. You can take loans when it is profitable. I myself make mortgage payments on house although i have ample savings to pay it back. But why bother when interest rates are dirt low and when i can earn more by investing my own money elsewhere. Go back to school and take finance 101. A first year finance student would talk more sense than you ever have.

some sectors will go in recession but others like pharmaceuticals ,medical equipment manufacturers and IT companies and digital/software companies will face growth and profit

Are you really a think tank? Seems like community college education didn't teach you anything, that's why most of your posts are stupid. Every country takes aid at time of disaster. Even US took a lot of aid during hurricane Katrina. Besides, WB gives loans, not grants, and it gives it to countries that can afford to pay them back. My dad owns tons of properties around the world, but still takes loans whenever interest rates are piss low and invests his own money in high yield assets, and banks gladly lend it. Taking loans is not a sign of weakness or a sign you don't have money. You can take loans when it is profitable. I myself make mortgage payments on house although i have ample savings to pay it back. But why bother when interest rates are dirt low and when i can earn more by investing my own money elsewhere. Go back to school and take finance 101. A first year finance student would talk more sense than you ever have.

double digit inflation and shrinking growth ..all this was before COVID 19.

Sure all is good! :enjoy:

India's bailout may not be enough to save economy

30-year low for Indian economy

Last edited:
https://www.statista.com/statistics/271322/inflation-rate-in-india/

India inflation rate 2020: 4.19%
2019: 3.44%

Actually you need to go back to primary school, not college. Then learn what single and double digit means :lol:.
Good luck :tup:

Not interested in Modi economics and fake rates, food inflation was 14% i.e double digit in Dec 2019, probably much higher post COVID. Sure all is good...:enjoy:
Food_inflation.png

Food inflation is a small part of inflation. But then again, I'm talking to a blue collar college failure,it's far beyond you :lol:. Keep to your level of topics - guns, Trucks, hog hunting etc

Food consumption declined 20% in India last year-this was before COVID. Good thing you are in Canada eh!:lol:
I didn’t go to school so tell me is half a small part of the whole?:whistle:

Retail food prices, which make up nearly half of the India's inflation basket, increased 14.12 percent in December from a year earlier

https://www.aljazeera.com/ajimpact/...ia-inflation-5-year-high-200114015144865.html

Last edited:
some sectors will go in recession but others like pharmaceuticals ,medical equipment manufacturers and IT companies and digital/software companies will face growth and profit
Yes, I have 8 clients in queue and I am seeing increase in demand. I am a freelancer. I am not sure that it is due to bug or something else.

i have also experienced same,many businesses are increasing their digital and online presence as due to social distancing this is most effective way to reach their customers and clients these days.
zoom video conferencing software owned by chinese entrepreneur valuation reached to 50 billion usd after corona outbreak and many such companies and their share holders will benefit from this pendemic,also it is expected that people will use their service after this pendemic due to low cost in arranging meetings
Yes, I have 8 clients in queue and I am seeing increase in demand. I am a freelancer. I am not sure that it is due to bug or something else.

india was never growing in the first place lol.

China has been able to contain the virus this April, so China I believe will achieve positive growth this year despite will likely experience much lower growth then last year.

Any economy who can only grow not more then 3 percent last year and rely on export will likely to get recession this year if the outbreak will still happen until June-July. In my region only, country like Singapore, Malaysia, and Thailand which rely their economy on export IMO will get contraction this year.

Tropic nation like Indonesia which currently experience much lower death and infection then Western nations, thanks to God, IMO will likely to post positive growth if the outbreak can be stopped in June-July whether due to much better drugs or the release of vaccine or any other reason like the help of God. Indonesia economy is also relying on domestic consumption so the economic effect of the outbreak is likely to be much less then export driven economy.

Indonesia anyway is also not implementing full scale lock down like in China, so business activity is relatively still going on despite many segment of the white collar worker and civil servant are working at home.

Last edited:
Food consumption declined 20% in India last year-this was before COVID. Good thing you are in Canada eh!:lol:
I didn’t go to school so tell me is half a small part of the whole?:whistle:

Retail food prices, which make up nearly half of the India's inflation basket, increased 14.12 percent in December from a year earlier

https://www.aljazeera.com/ajimpact/...ia-inflation-5-year-high-200114015144865.html

Firstly, it's more like 40%, which is not half. Besides, 40% is allocated to both food and beverages, which makes food less than 40%, most likely somewhere in the high 20s. Food maybe 50% of your family's expenditure, not the CPI basket, but again since you didn't go to school, you cant tell the difference. Being a blue collar american, im sure food is always on your mind :rofl:, too bad it only increases tummy size, not brain size.

Besides, as you said, this food inflation rate was before Covid, so I'm not even sure what point you are trying to make here, just ranting away i guess. Food inflation in India is related solely to monsoons, covid might have some impact, but not so much as poor or extra heavy rainfall.

Overall inflation is majorly affected by oil prices. As we all know(maybe not you), oil prices have declined from $60-70 a barrel to $30 a barrel since this article was written, which would only serve to reduce inflation, not increase it. Covid along with reduced energy prices is reducing inflation in many countries, not increasing it.

https://www.vicnews.com/news/stats-canada-expects-covid-19-to-impact-inflation/

Now really, go back to school, i've wasted enough time with you already :lol:. Don't quote me again unless it is about guns, RV living, hog hunting and BBQs

Firstly, it's more like 40%, which is not half. Besides, 40% is allocated to both food and beverages, which makes food less than 40%, most likely somewhere in the high 20s. Food maybe 50% of your family's expenditure, not the CPI basket, but again since you didn't go to school, you cant tell the difference. Being a blue collar american, im sure food is always on your mind :rofl:, too bad it only increases tummy size, not brain size.

Besides, as you said, this food inflation rate was before Covid, so I'm not even sure what point you are trying to make here, just ranting away i guess. Food inflation in India is related solely to monsoons, covid might have some impact, but not so much as poor or extra heavy rainfall.

Overall inflation is majorly affected by oil prices. As we all know(maybe not you), oil prices have declined from $60-70 a barrel to $30 a barrel since this article was written, which would only serve to reduce inflation, not increase it. Covid along with reduced energy prices is reducing inflation in many countries, not increasing it.

https://www.vicnews.com/news/stats-canada-expects-covid-19-to-impact-inflation/

Now really, go back to school, i've wasted enough time with you already :lol:. Don't quote me again unless it is about guns, RV living, hog hunting and BBQs

Sure all is good :enjoy: . Oil at a historic lows but India isn’t buying...why?! Don’t listen to your experts..all is good:lol:

India’s economy hasn’t been this bad in 42 years. Pulling it back from the abyss will require more honesty than imagination.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...needs-an-honest-look/articleshow/73153184.cms

And you still here doing your mission impossible? i believe you should go online shopping instead:smitten::lol:

bored ..thanks to COVID..killing trolls was once fun ...but the Indian variety of the species is too easy.

are you flirting with me? Remember I have your picture and a gun ..:lol:

Back
Top Bottom