What's new

Covid-19 - Devastating Second Wave in India - Updates and Discussion

1618841020811.png

While the demand for medical oxygen is up by manifolds due to the ongoing second wave of the coronavirus pandemic in India, The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has developed a SpO2 (Blood Oxygen Saturation) supplemental Oxygen Delivery System, expected to help Covid patients as well.

Developed by Defence Bio-Engineering & Electro Medical Laboratory (DEBEL), Bengaluru of DRDO, the system delivers supplemental oxygen based on the SpO2 levels and prevents the person from sinking into a state of Hypoxia, which is fatal in most cases, if sets in.

Hypoxia is a state in which the amount of oxygen reaching the tissues is inadequate to fulfill all the energy requirements of the body. This is exactly the situation that gets replicated in a Covid patient due to the virus infection and has been a leading factor in the current crisis.

Accorduing to DEBEL researchers, the electronic hardware of the system is designed for functioning at extreme altitudes featuring low barometric pressures, low temperatures and humidity. “The software safety checks incorporated into the system are critical in ensuring the functional reliability of the system in field conditions,” officials added.

DRDO oxygen regulator covid patients

lg.php

The automatic usage has a huge advantage in the household, as the oximeter would give an alarm for lower SpO2 value.

Primarily designed for soldiers posted at extreme high-altitude areas, the system reads SpO2 levels of the subject from a wrist-worn pulse oximeter module through wireless interface and controls a proportional solenoid valve to regulate the oxygen supply to the subject.

Explaining how it works, DEBEL researchers added that the oxygen is delivered from a lightweight portable oxygen cylinder through nasal nares. “The system is available in various sizes from one litre and one kg weight with 150 litres of oxygen supply to 10 litres & 10 kg weight with 1,500 litres of oxygen supply which can sustain for 750 minutes with a continuous flow of two liters per min (lpm),” the team of developers said.

Another highlight of the system, indigenously developed for operation in field conditions, is that it is robust and cheap and is already in bulk production with the industry.

DRDO oxygen supply covid patients India

lg.php

Explaining how it works, DEBEL researchers added that the oxygen is delivered from a lightweight portable oxygen cylinder through nasal nares.

“The system is a boon in the current pandemic as it can be used in the household for moderate Covid patients for Oxygen flow therapy with flow controlled at 2/5/7/10 lpm flow. The automatic usage has a huge advantage in the household, as the oximeter would give an alarm for lower SpO2 value. It will automatically increase/decrease the O2 flow based on the SpO2 setting which can be auto-adjusted at 2, 5, 7, 10 lpm flow rate. The optimal O2 flow rate conserves the O2 resources/O2 management and greatly increases the endurance,” DRDO said in a statement.

Further, DRDO officials added that the facility is simple to use by nature even to a common person. “This will greatly reduce the workload and exposure time of doctors and paramedics to monitor the SpO2 levels of the patient. The automated Calibrated Variable Flow Control for Low O2 levels (User pre-set, <90%, <80%) through a calibrated Flow Control Valve (PFCV) will facilitate in economising the oxygen supply (1-10 lpm with ±0.5 lpm),” officials added.

religious gatherings of Kumbh and Ramzan etc.

Ramazan just started this week in which Muslims fast and pray(just like they always do).

Your overall cases for last 2 weeks are 2.5 million.

Inform me please, for how long your Kumbh Mela has been going on?

Remind me where and when did Muslims gathered in millions?

It is judgement day in Modi's Hindustan.

Ramazan just started this week in which Muslims fast and pray(just like they always do).

Your overall cases for last 2 weeks are 2.5 million.

Inform me please, for how long your Kumbh Mela has been going on?

Remind me where and when did Muslims gathered in millions?
I just said Kumbh and Ramzan, the area behind my Apartments is Muslim majority area and they were gathering like every normal Indian does during festivals, Kumbh is a mega spreader, but then kuchh logo ko election ki rallies bhi karni hai.

Boris cancelled visit because of 2nd wave in UK as per article you posted.

The UK is out of the 2nd wave and the economy and society is being opened up aggain ... we are looking on that front so far - suggest you re-read the articles again ..

The UK is out of the 2nd wave and the economy and society is being opened up aggain ... we are looking on that front so far - suggest you re-read the articles again ..
I meant to say he posted an old article, yes our covid condition is worse, and today Delhi CM has announced a lockdown for a week. Lol.

Soft-Warning

Last edited by a moderator:
JF 17 doesn't have oxygen generators and carries bottled oxygen as far as I know. So tangential applications like this not possible (apart from severely restricting range and ops)

India must be isolated this is getting out of hand, Indians cannot leave India for the sake of the world. A global ban must be enacted to stop the spreading or we are worse off than last year.

Mehta, on Sunday, wrote: "Just wondering. Is it as bad in Pakistan as it is in India currently? The COVID situation I mean."

freepressjournal%2F2021-04%2Fbec14426-9fcd-4cda-9bea-a8627ea40bfa%2F131539151_1075285496232866_8497616457929798452_n.jpg

Filmmaker Hansal Mehta is currently being brutally trolled on Twitter for his tweet comparing India's COVID-19 situation with Pakistan.

Mehta, on Sunday, wrote: "Just wondering. Is it as bad in Pakistan as it is in India currently? The COVID situation I mean."

The tweet left a section of Twitter furious and several users hurled verbal attacks at filmmaker.

Meanwhile, a Twitter user decided to offer a one way ticket to Karachi.

"I am willing to pay for first class one way ticket is you're moving there permanently," he replied to Hansal's tweet.

Hitting back at the user, Hansal commented: "Please send the ticket NOW. Or should I DM my bank details?"

In following tweet, the user named Dev Mehta said that he is ready to book tickets for Hansal but if he decides to come back, he will have to pay Dev '10 times the ticket amount'.

He then shared a screenshot of what looked like a plane ticket and claimed that he has booked a flight for Hansal to Karachi.

The two then indulged into a verbal spat, which ended with the 'Scam 1992' director asking Sharjah Police, UAE Police and Emirates to take action against the user.

"Dear @ShjPolice, @UAEPoliceHQ, Am reporting this person with handle @Dev73513666 whose name is allegedly Dev Mehta. He has issued a fake @emirates ticket, is inciting hate and issuing threats against Muslims. He claims to be based in Sharjah. Please investigate," tweeted Hansal on Monday.

"@emirates this is the fake ticket issued by this hate longer and displayed on social media. @SharjahPolice @DubaiPoliceHQ" he added in a separate tweet.

Responding to Hansal Mehta's tweet to the authorities, Dev Mehta tweeted: "State of our so called 'Intellectuals of Indian society' They can go to any level and get anyone against them harmed or arrested. In any case, he would require proof of payments prove that he paid and I didn't deliver. So, I'm fine. Let him be, don't harass him anymore."

Bhakt rear is on fire folks. Just like we see some bhakts and their supporters reacting violently on PDF.

Back
Top Bottom