What's new

Covid-19 - Devastating Second Wave in India - Updates and Discussion

If anyone reads ur posts on this forum, he/she would know, u are 10 times worse bigot than late Rohit Sardana ever was.

It's kind of ironic that these India Muslim converts as well as Pakistanis use Hitler and his Nazi party as metaphor to describe right wing Hindutva politics in India.

The truth is if Hitler admired any religion, then was Islam and he wished he was Muslim. His Nazi party courted the Islamic world though out eventful years of WW2.

Why Hitler Wished He Was Muslim

1018316866.jpg

The Holocaust
Al-Husseini and the Holocaust
Much of the case against Husseini's role in The Holocaust emerged in the immediate aftermath of WW2, with those collecting evidence working for the Jewish Agency in the context of an intensive public relations exercise to establish a Jewish state in Mandatory Palestine.[191] Husseini has been described by the American Jewish Congressas "Hitler's henchman"[d] and some scholars, such as Schwanitz and Rubin, have argued that Husseini made the Final Solution inevitable by shutting out the possibility of Jews escaping to Palestine.[192]

In his memoirs al-Husseini recalled that Heinrich Himmler, in the summer of 1943, while confiding some German war secrets, inveighed against Jewish "war guilt", and revealed the ongoing extermination (in Arabic, abadna) of the Jews.[193]

Gilbert Achcar, referring to this meeting with Himmler, observes:

The Mufti was well aware that the European Jews were being wiped out; he never claimed the contrary. Nor, unlike some of his present-day admirers, did he play the ignoble, perverse, and stupid game of Holocaust denial... . His amour-propre would not allow him to justify himself to the Jews... .gloating that the Jews had paid a much higher price than the Germans... he cites... : "Their losses in the Second World War represent more than thirty percent of the total number of their people ...". Statements like this, from a man who was well placed to know what the Nazis had done ... constitute a powerful argument against Holocaust deniers. Husseini reports that Reichsführer-SS Heinrich Himmler ... told him in summer 1943 that the Germans had "already exterminated more than three million" Jews: "I was astonished by this figure, as I had known nothing about the matter until then." ... Thus. in 1943, Husseini knew about the genocide... .[194]

------------------------

SIMI activists are pathetic

At least Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose made it clear that He doesnot agree with Nazi racial politics

One reason, unconfirmed scientifically, of the less mortality in Pakistan...

Everyone is saying Allah malik hai.

Insha Allah sab theek rahega.

And prayers and wadoo, roza...all adds up.

Hate mongers in India are at a risk...
LOL!

u think only Hindus are dying in India and Covid not affecting Indian Muslims who are .....
aying Allah malik hai.

And prayers and wadoo, roza...

Then watch these clips and open ur bigoted eyes....

LOL!

u think only Hindus are dying in India and Covid not affecting Indian Muslims who are .....
aying Allah malik hai.

And prayers and wadoo, roza...

Then watch these clips and open ur bigoted eyes....

I said hate mongers, or people full with hatred, and added not proven.

You proved my point right.

India’s covid crisis: ‘black marketeers know what people will pay when their mother is dying’
Cripplingly expensive black market oxygen, queues at burial grounds and scarce hospital beds. As the death toll continues rise in India, Jasper Reid reports from New Delhi

BY JASPER REID
April 30 2021
newFile-3.jpg

"How are you feeling?” I asked my colleague Mukesh on our morning call. “Bad” replied Mukesh. “Last night Varun’s Mother-in-law and Shruti’s Grandfather died.”

My heart sinks. These are the first staff family deaths in our very familial company. And they didn’t die of covid, they died – like many in India today – from lack of treatment.

In New Delhi, where we live, it’s hot: 42c (and rising) as the summer sets in. This season is stifling but now it’s suffocating. Covid is everywhere; medical oxygen is in short supply; local news and tweets are suppressed by the government and countries are closing their borders to India. It’s claustrophobic, edgy and all across town, sirens are heard.

I feel lucky, alone in our apartment and away from ground-zero - the under-siege hospitals across the capital. All day Mukesh is driving to find a bed for Brijesh’s Father. Brijesh is our colleague too. Yesterday, Mukesh got two beds but there are none now and the only lead is a makeshift cot and oxygen rig twenty miles away.

This is a hard time and Mukesh is one of thousands across India searching for beds, drugs, plasma and oxygen. A grim, private-enterprise free-for-all is fuelled by information on WhatsApp or social media and every day I get dozens of tip offs and contact numbers. Some are false or defunct and mostly the precious supplies are long gone.

Lurking in this frantic exchange are black marketeers and obscene tariffs. Sellers are shady or shockingly respectable and it takes a strong stomach to deal with these fallen angels (or to spot scams). But they know what people will pay when one’s mother is dying. Price of a single dose of Remdesivir (antiviral medication used to treat covid) today: $450 (double the average monthly wage).

For patients who make it to hospital, the scenes are pathetic and broadcast around the world. ‘Pandemic ****’ say media critics but it’s hard to deny the omnishambles of India’s healthcare system. One doctor I know is telling patients it’s dangerous to present at his hospital. Do anything to get oxygen and medicine at home, just don’t come in. It’s chaos. Varun’s Mother-in-Law did just that but it wasn’t by choice.

Chaos begets fear; fear begets self-preservation which means panic buying and hoarding of supplies that lead to shortages. A spiral of panic and despair. The situation is not intrinsically different to covid waves elsewhere, but the impact and the scale is. It was ever thus in this vast and developing country.

But not since 1947 and partition have people been equally hurt from the top to the bottom of society. Today, in the world’s largest democracy, as everyone gets the vote, so all get hit by covid. Almost no one I know is unaffected by death. Money and influence – articles of faith for the privileged – offer no shelter in this storm.

One famous writer friend gets at least ten calls a day from all around India. ‘Please help sir’; ‘Can you get me a bed?’; ‘our Auntie can’t breathe’. There’s not a thing he can do and he suffers too because favours are so central to Indian society and to identity. It’s as if God was showing you what life is like, every day, for those with nothing or no status.

For the poor, and indeed those beyond the big cities (where few journalists go), it’s worse and the reported national death dates (3,000+ a day) are surely understated. Across India, families are trying to get help; many get none and so join the long queues to the crematoria and burial grounds. Funeral rites are swift and functional.

And confusion abounds. Why has this happened? Didn’t we see maskless politicians at major political rallies? What was the election commission thinking? Were the courts sleeping? Wasn’t the Kumbh Mela (the greatest gathering on earth) allowed to go ahead? Aren’t we the world’s pharmacy? Why did we send sixty million vaccine doses abroad?

The point is that everyone thought covid was over. We all did. Like a lot of countries.

When Wuhan happened, people here believed one of two things: either covid would spread unfettered or the innate Indian immune system - made of stern stuff - would outfox the virus. I scoffed at the latter group but by summer 2020, when India appeared to have got off lightly, one couldn’t help wondering. Popular relief bred confidence; confidence bred complacency (for example, huge cricket crowds, massive election rallies, thronged religious ceremonies) and the arrival of a much more virulent strain took its chance. And here we are.

Yes, here we are and India’s inadequate public health capacity has itself been unmasked. And god help the doctors and nurses – no clapping for them at the end of the day; on the contrary, some medical staff are getting beaten up by angry families. It’s a Lord of the Flies breakdown with every man for himself. And how much worse is man when locked down with no community or council – no bus stop to meet friends and put the world to rights. In this, India suffers like the rest of the planet, except it’s hard to think of a more innately social place and so the loss is great.

There are of course legions of people helping. Our team (we have been living in India since 2014 building a restaurant business) created a call centre to verify supply leads. Every day, my colleagues dial numbers circulating on WhatsApp but the work is now subject to a law of diminishing returns and day’s end results are dispiriting. For example, there’s oxygen in North Delhi after 8pm but no cylinders and our latest plan (if it’s legal) is to convert our soda fountain CO2 tanks into oxygen cylinders. Apparently it’s possible and bravo my comrades for such a brilliant idea.

In far away Kolkata, Future Hope, an NGO for street kids, built an isolation ward with oxygen tanks and provision for the local community. There are many such missions as the people, bit by bit, take back control. All over India, private institutions are joining the covid fightback and humanity and heroism are everywhere. The idea of street kids coming to the aid of their nation is enough to make you cry - with the greatest pride.

And for all the misery, the crisis is reaffirming India’s resilience and resourcefulness. Young techies have set up tracking apps; UK-based Non-Resident Indian doctors are offering online consultation; Twitter is buzzing with support groups and the Sikh community is providing ‘oxygen langar’ (langar being a communal food kitchen, now with O2 on the menu).

The Indian covid crisis has also become a macro-political matter as nations hurry to help and affirm their solidarity. ‘India was there for us and we shall be there for them,’ tweeted President Biden. The eyes of the world are now on India and I’ve never had so many concerned calls (many prompted by shocking, technicolour photos of Hindu funeral pyres).

But why the transnational interest? Because India matters and, like many global issues, (from covid to poverty) if you don’t fix India, you don’t fix the problem. Almost a fifth of the planet lives here and the sub-continental economy is pivotal. As they say on Wall Street, India is too big to fail.

This then is a view from the ground. If there’s a deeper meaning to the India covid crisis, we think it’s that the virus is about everybody – not only within one country but across every country. As people are starting to say, ‘no one is safe unless everyone is safe’. If 1.4 billion people get this truth across, something good may yet come.

Right now, good, like everything, is in short supply. I stay home, slipping out to feed hungry street dogs. I keep fit, swat away mosquitoes (a bad time to get dengue fever) and work hard, not least to stay distracted. But I am a lucky one. Out there the mournful sirens wail and the hustle never stops. It never does in India and, in the end, this will pull us through.

I believe a person's work should be factually criticized even after his death.
But today he died, this can wait for sometime.

I have heard he once asked, where and when was Allah born! Nauzubillah.. hurting hundreds of millions of Muslims living in India.
he wasnt a good man .
khass kamm jahan Pak .
Nothing wrong in what Sharjeel said

Bharati hindus who were celebrating even Christchurch attacks in New Zealand need to STFU and stop lecturing about humanity and all that stuff

Well-known TV journalist and anchor Rohit Sardana, who was currently working with Aaj Tak has passed away due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Zee News Editor-in-Chief Sudhir Chaudhary tweeted about his untimely demise.

Sudhir Chaudhary wrote that he never thought the virus would take away someone so close to him. He said he was not prepared for this.

Rohit Sardana had long been associated with Zee Media. He used to host the popular show - 'Taal Thok Ke', a debate programme that discusses contemporary issues in India on Zee News.

Presently Rohit Sardana, who has been the face of TV media for a long time, used to anchor the show 'Dangal', which aired on 'Aaj Tak' news channel. In 2018, Rohit

Paying tribute on Twitter, senior journalist Rajdeep Sardesai wrote, "Friends, this is very sad news. Famous TV news anchor Rohit Sardana has passed away. He had a heart attack this morning. Deepest condolences to his family."

Condolence have been pouring in from across the board over the passing away of Rohit Sardana. People are shocked upon hearing the sad news. Sardana was hugely popular with the masses for his good debating skills.

E0NPnFDUcAIqTwi

@Surya 1

@jamahir

what? didn't bhakts say COVID is a hoax to defame their beloved leader - modi?

This is beat thing to happen,
This is masterstroke by modi ji. We already have population problem so this will reduce population problem significantly. Also modi ji spread most virus in west Bangal where illegal Bangladeshi reside. So all illegal Bangladeshi will not get treatment.
Modi ji will only breath once india become super power. Till then he will let other use his share of oxygen.

He spent his life trying to attack Indian Muslims for his hindutva extremist communal poison and now Indians are scratching their heads why Indian Muslims couldn't give a toss about him🙄😂😂😂😂

From twitter it seems last year he spent alot of time trying to blame Indian Muslims for Corona

Now because of kumb and his own hindutva he is dead

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom