What's new

Covaxin "Found To Neutralise" Indian 617 Variant: US Expert Anthony Fauci

Uncensored

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Covaxin was developed by Bharat Biotech in partnership with National Institute of Virology and the ICMR and was approved for emergency use on January 3 while still in clinical trial.

1619594416197.png

Covaxin was found to neutralise the Indian 617 Covid variant, Anthony Fauci said (File)

New Delhi:

Covaxin, India's home-grown Covid vaccine produced by Bharat Biotech, has been found to neutralise the B.1.617 variant or the Indian double mutant strain, House Chief Medical Adviser Anthony Fauci said on Tuesday.

"This is something where we're still gaining data on a daily basis. But the most recent data, was looking at convalescent Sera of COVID-19 cases and people who received the vaccine used in India, the Covaxin. It was found to neutralise the 617 variant," he said, according to news agency PTI.

"So, despite the real difficulty that we're seeing in India, vaccination could be a very, very important antidote against this," Dr Fauci was quoted as telling reporters.

Covaxin was developed by Bharat Biotech in partnership with National Institute of Virology and the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) and was approved for emergency use on January 3 while still in clinical trial.

Trial results later showed the vaccine has an efficacy of 78 per cent, according to ICMR.

The B.1.617 variant, mostly found in Covid cases in Maharashtra and Delhi, has three new spike protein mutations. This variant is said to be pushing the deadly second surge in Covid across the country.

Covaxin uses dead viruses and works by teaching the immune system to make antibodies against the coronavirus. When Covaxin is administered, immune cells recognise the dead virus, prompting the immune system to make antibodies to fight the coronavirus.

WHO on Tuesday said the B.1.617 that a variant of Covid-19 feared to be contributing to a surge in coronavirus cases in India has been found in over a dozen countries.

The UN health agency said the B.1.617 variant of Covid-19 first found in India had as of Tuesday been detected in over 1,200 sequences uploaded to the GISAID open-access database "from at least 17 countries".

"Most sequences were uploaded from India, the United Kingdom, USA and Singapore," the WHO said in its weekly epidemiological update on the pandemic.

The WHO recently listed B.1.617 as a "variant of interest" and said it had been found in 17 countries.
CommentsIndia's Covid cases smashed a new record today with 3.6 lakh cases and over 3,000 deaths in 24 hours.

India's Covid cases smashed a new record today with 3.6 lakh cases and over 3,000 deaths in 24 hours.

EXCELLENT NEWS- But I suspect I might be injected with COVISHIELD. DAMN YOU GOVT. Let me decide what vaccine I can get :(

Covaxin was developed by Bharat Biotech in partnership with National Institute of Virology and the ICMR and was approved for emergency use on January 3 while still in clinical trial.

View attachment 738110
Covaxin was found to neutralise the Indian 617 Covid variant, Anthony Fauci said (File)

New Delhi:

Covaxin, India's home-grown Covid vaccine produced by Bharat Biotech, has been found to neutralise the B.1.617 variant or the Indian double mutant strain, House Chief Medical Adviser Anthony Fauci said on Tuesday.

"This is something where we're still gaining data on a daily basis. But the most recent data, was looking at convalescent Sera of COVID-19 cases and people who received the vaccine used in India, the Covaxin. It was found to neutralise the 617 variant," he said, according to news agency PTI.

"So, despite the real difficulty that we're seeing in India, vaccination could be a very, very important antidote against this," Dr Fauci was quoted as telling reporters.

Covaxin was developed by Bharat Biotech in partnership with National Institute of Virology and the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) and was approved for emergency use on January 3 while still in clinical trial.

Trial results later showed the vaccine has an efficacy of 78 per cent, according to ICMR.

The B.1.617 variant, mostly found in Covid cases in Maharashtra and Delhi, has three new spike protein mutations. This variant is said to be pushing the deadly second surge in Covid across the country.

Covaxin uses dead viruses and works by teaching the immune system to make antibodies against the coronavirus. When Covaxin is administered, immune cells recognise the dead virus, prompting the immune system to make antibodies to fight the coronavirus.

WHO on Tuesday said the B.1.617 that a variant of Covid-19 feared to be contributing to a surge in coronavirus cases in India has been found in over a dozen countries.

The UN health agency said the B.1.617 variant of Covid-19 first found in India had as of Tuesday been detected in over 1,200 sequences uploaded to the GISAID open-access database "from at least 17 countries".

"Most sequences were uploaded from India, the United Kingdom, USA and Singapore," the WHO said in its weekly epidemiological update on the pandemic.

The WHO recently listed B.1.617 as a "variant of interest" and said it had been found in 17 countries.
CommentsIndia's Covid cases smashed a new record today with 3.6 lakh cases and over 3,000 deaths in 24 hours.

India's Covid cases smashed a new record today with 3.6 lakh cases and over 3,000 deaths in 24 hours.

How much he paid by Modi? @Suriya

I too am in the same age group but i don't have to register since my company has some kind of tie-up, all employees will get vaccinated within 2 weeks.
Is that even possible? I thought it's mandatory to get registered.

EXCELLENT NEWS- But I suspect I might be injected with COVISHIELD. DAMN YOU GOVT. Let me decide what vaccine I can get :(

What if Covishield is in short supply and not available, don't take unnecessary risk and get vaccinated by whichever vaccines that has been approved by Government of India.

Vaccination in coming month will greatly reduce the no of serious cases in India,

and will certainly reduce the burden on hospitals as well.

That is very hopeful statement on your part.. You really believe in that Fauci guy? Covid will not go away until 2030s it will keep returning back with new mutations. India may recover some time next year and cases could go down but the Covid hell will chose another random country and explode there.

All the current vaccines will not be able to stop the mutations active now and the mutations that are about to come

Which company bro. I too work for a company.
Not here.

Is that even possible? I thought it's mandatory to get registered.
Company do it on our behalf.
That is very hopeful statement on your part.. You really believe in that Fauci guy? Covid will not go away until 2030s it will keep returning back with new mutations. India may recover some time next year and cases could go down but the Covid hell will chose another random country and explode there.

All the current vaccines will not be able to stop the mutations active now and the mutations that are about to come
The vaccines like Bharat covaxin were not built for Indian variant still it's effective against it, vaccination greatly reduces the seriousness of the disease mostly even for future variants.

Currently even mild coronavirus cases are running towards hospitals just because of a low fever, this panic has caused a lot of pressure on health workers, after vaccination this panic will reduce and so will the burden.

Last edited:
I think those vaccinated already with AstraZeneca should not worry too much as a tweaked version is being developed that will offer more broader protection against variants. It will be ready in September.

There is no evidence that the AstraZeneca vaccine will not stop most people getting seriously ill from any variant so far.

Last edited:
more safe worthy than astra-covishield? it's codeveloped with Ocuzen hence US is backing the vaccine,though Indian media has wiped out the name of ocuzen from it and claimed astra-covishield as Indian vac.

Last edited:
An
more trust worthy than astra-covishield? it's codeveloped with Ocuzen hence US is backing the vaccine,though Indian media has wiped out the name of ocuzen from it and claimed astra-covishield as Indian vac.
And how do you know that chinese?

Any medical or other paper to support your assertions

any scientific study how do you know Thier composition?

What the contribution how much did they invest

what's Thier profit has any ocugen not ocuzen commented on it

What the name of the RD lab where they synthesized the vaccines

How did the US develop the vaccine

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom