What's new

Country to achieve $20 billion forex reserves mark soon: Dar

You STILL didn't answer my questions and wrote me all these explanations based on YOUR understanding of how this works!!!! Which isn't right.

The first paragraph was only facts derived from the documents posted earlier.

1) Per your opinion, SO MUCH debt accumulation and all, Pakistan should be on her way to bankruptcy right? Would you agree?

No, not bankruptcy yet, just under alot of debt. On the way to bankruptcy, maybe. Had oil prices not fallen like they did and had remittances not shot up like they did, pakistan would have been in a very very bad state. In a way you could give PPP gov. credit for increasing remittances. They governed so badly that people started running away to other countries and now these people are sending in the remittances.

2) Do you see Pakistani economy on way to a total collapse as the mounting debt in your opinion is insanely high? And they keep borrowing more...

Not total collapse. The problem with borrowing is that we'll end up paying these debts back through higher taxation and the borrowed money is not being spent properly.

3) Why did the economy that was near collapse, didn't collapse? And actually improved within the 3 years post Zardari? And so many investments from the Chinese, ME, Turkey and the US (and others) came about. Majority of which didn't exist before the current government took over??

It wasn't near collapse. I've shown you the upto date data which shows net FDI of just around $700m. Net FDI was in a similar range even then (zardari era). FDI has stopped coming in ever since the 2007-8 global financial crisis.

4) Why you and some others on here keep talking about borrowed money, NO progress, fake GDP, inflated budgets and all, when the rest of the WORLD is putting in Pakistan in the fastest growing countries list, appreciate the economic progress made in 2012, and are looking forward to investing into Pakistan?

GDP figures right in front of us. Growth rates are minimal. Figures are rigged. Gov. devalued dollar to make GDP growth look better for last year. Even IMF had a problem with that and refused to recognize those figures. Actual growth was probably much less than official figures that used a reduced dollar rate of around 100 compared to what it naturally should have been (close to 110).

Why you and the remainder of the globe look at things so differently? Remember, this is the first time Pakistan has been added to the fastest growing countries' list since her Birth!!! Why is that?? and Why NOW if you tell us there is no progress?

What list ?

From Japan to the US to China (full global circle, including previous foes like Russia) are all investing OR preparing to invest into Pakistan in the near future???? Are these guys crazy? blind to see the reality? want to just throw their money in a trash bin by putting into a country that's failing with borrowed money and all and per you, and some others, a "Greece like economy"????

Pakistan has market with potential. That's why.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom