What's new

countries that favour China over US

Owl of Abott

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
The power struggle between China and the United States was thrust into daylight last month when a Chinese jet intercepted a US naval patrol plane over the South China Sea. After the fact, the US military claimed its plane had been flying routine patrols in international airspace. The Chinese military said the airspace was theirs and that the US needs to stop conducting close surveillance of its territory.

China's economy is poised to surpass that of the US sometime early in the next decade, and the jet intercept is just the latest signal of a geopolitical shift that's forced the US to share the world stage with the East Asian superpower.

It makes sense, then, that other nations would choose sides. So who's the favorite?

We know how Americans feel about China. Only 35 percent have a favorable view. But what about the rest of the world? Using data from the Pew Research Center's Global Attitudes Project, we took a look at global opinions. The graphic below shows you the nations that clearly prefer either the US or China. At the bottom and shaded black are the countries that have comparable opinions of the two countries.

VT7bFYH.jpg

This map shows which countries prefer China over the United States | GlobalPost

I'd go with China any day. 2 years ago I'd have said America though.
Thanks buddy. China sees India and the U.S. as rivalries but not necessarily enemies. The only real, natural enemy China sees is Japan. It's been built in generation after generation that the "little devils" to our east are out to annihilate us. Sadly, What's happening in that country right now is just confirming to that belief among the Chinese....

Brazil, India, South Africa, what happened? I thought you were suppose to support your BRICS brothers.

Brazil, India, South Africa, what happened? I thought you were suppose to support your BRICS brothers.

Dont count on this opinion.This is due to the our jingoistic media campaign .But soon it will change.
We only care about our nation and its interest .

No Canada? That is quite surprising as both the US and Canada are neighbors in North America.

76 and 77 for Bangladesh....wow and I was of the opinion that they wanted China to counter US and Indian influence in BD :lol:

I believe the highest among that would be pakistan towards china and one of them is me. China has been the only real ally of pakistan alongside turkey. While america has only looked towards us when it needs us like the fight against sovient union in afghanistan and then just discards us however china has always stood by us even when we have done something wrong.

Back
Top Bottom