What's new

COULD THE FC-31 FACTOR INTO PAKISTAN’S NEXT-GEN FIGHTER PLANS?

It would be interesting to know the PAF's view of why investment was never made into FC-31 which would give us actual development experience of a 5th Gen platform? I mean, irrespective of whether the Chinese government invests in it or not, it was always in our best interest to acquire the technological know-how.

I
It would be interesting to know the PAF's view of why investment was never made into FC-31 which would give us actual development experience of a 5th Gen platform? I mean, irrespective of whether the Chinese government invests in it or not, it was always in our best interest to acquire the technological know-how.

Why do think that China is willing to share it's latest technology with anyone.

The j31 is a multi billion dollar hi end project .
China will share older technology but never their latest.

USA is not giving away its technology not even to UK .

No body gives up their best technology

I

Why do think that China is willing to share it's latest technology with anyone.

The j31 is a multi billion dollar hi end project .
China will share older technology but never their latest.

USA is not giving away its technology not even to UK .

No body gives up their best technology

So FC-31 was always an investment only project without any increase in our learning and production capability?

It is a very valid question and needs a careful thought.
Firstly we dont actually know what the PAF contingent in China is upto. So a logical answer may be that they are somehow involved or at least in the information loop.
Secondly the body responsible for the J31 is looking for partners to finance the project. We dont want to invest as it is potentially a bottomless pit being a risky project and our resources and possibly our needs are limited.
The 5th generation fighter technology is the pinnacle of modern day avionics industry. In this business you dont share your trade secrets with anyone. They would therefore have a reason to keep us out.
Thirdly we have our hands full with the development cycle of JFT which is still on going therefore we cannot spare the staff and the resources. This would be another reason why at the moment we are not actively involved.
Lastly we are not more than a teenager as far as our aviation facities go. We dont have expertise to offer in the project. We are hoping to piggy back on the Chinese development cycle to move our development along.
Once the JFT blocks progress we will go on to incorporate some of the knowledge acquired from hither and thither to incorporate in our development cycle and firstly try our results on the local fighter itself. Once successful we will then take these rsults into the newer projects.
With the exception of the 16s which are fast receeding as a compulsion, I dont think we will incorporate any other air craft which will not be built in part locally. So if we do go for the J31 we might ask for offsets on basis of locally building parts and frame, something we are fast becoming good at. This might bring the price upwards but the boost to our aviation industry will be tremendous something which we have seen with the sub deal with China.
A

It is a very valid question and needs a careful thought.
Firstly we dont actually know what the PAF contingent in China is upto. So a logical answer may be that they are somehow involved or at least in the information loop.
Secondly the body responsible for the J31 is looking for partners to finance the project. We dont want to invest as it is potentially a bottomless pit being a risky project and our resources and possibly our needs are limited.
The 5th generation fighter technology is the pinnacle of modern day avionics industry. In this business you dont share your trade secrets with anyone. They would therefore have a reason to keep us out.
Thirdly we have our hands full with the development cycle of JFT which is still on going therefore we cannot spare the staff and the resources. This would be another reason why at the moment we are not actively involved.
Lastly we are not more than a teenager as far as our aviation facities go. We dont have expertise to offer in the project. We are hoping to piggy back on the Chinese development cycle to move our development along.
Once the JFT blocks progress we will go on to incorporate some of the knowledge acquired from hither and thither to incorporate in our development cycle and firstly try our results on the local fighter itself. Once successful we will then take these rsults into the newer projects.
With the exception of the 16s which are fast receeding as a compulsion, I dont think we will incorporate any other air craft which will not be built in part locally. So if we do go for the J31 we might ask for offsets on basis of locally building parts and frame, something we are fast becoming good at. This might bring the price upwards but the boost to our aviation industry will be tremendous something which we have seen with the sub deal with China.
A

Had to reply and say thank you because pressing an icon wouldn't do. You deserve a positive rating for this.

The chinease have spent billions on development of both the j20 and j31.

The j20 will not be exported like the raptor in USA will remain exclusive.

But the Chinese are looking to break the usa and Russian and European strangle hold fighter market globally.

China has struggled to get buyers for j10.!
And fc1.

They are banking on j31 which may be mass produced for export .

It will compete with rafale typhoon pak fa and f35..

It maybe cheaper than all of them as the four mentioned all.Cost over 100 million each

For this reason Pakistan can buy the plane but Sharing technology no chance

Hi,

Your information is incorrect---.

The J10 is not for sale to any country other than Pakistan----. It is a top tier single engine front line aircraft of the Plaaf and no other country would get it---.

Chinese cannot produce enough for themselves---.

There is no such thing as FC1----all rights to production sales and profit have been donated to pakistan---.

Thirdly---if the Paf decides that it needs the J20---they will be flying with the roundel on their tails.

Export of the none of the chinese platform is a priority----. The SCS has cornered china hard---it is desperately trying to fill in the huge hole it has of the legacy 3rd gen aircraft in service.

Last edited:
I disagree

The j10 has been demonstrated to Iran in recent years.

I just don't buy this nonsense that chinrase fighters are exclusive to just China and Pakistan.

As for buying a j20. Or indeed a j31 I will agree with you when you sign the deal or take delivery.

Remember your sit force could not find the down payment for 8 block 52 six months ago.

So buying fifth generation fighters is at this stage seems a desire or ambition that may not be filled.

As for thunder exclusive to Pakistan only again the entire technology is chubrsse and Russian to claim China cannot export this is again complete false

LOL i knew it you gonna bring up F-16 again and again and again..

well Read it with open eyes. PAF don't want to pay the Full price for the F-16's

You don't have to pay the money in just one day to get some weapons but the payment is given in installments
money is not a problem it's PRIORITIES and PRIORITY of PAF is to move on 5th Generation Plane..

no country can give 60 Planes in one day :D :D take an example of Rafale Deal which you will get few planes in 2019 and all (36) till 2022 so India will pay for Rafales $8 Billion till 2022

Hi,

Who mentioned about technology----.

So---let me re-phrase it in simpler english so that you can understand---.

China has given its right of sales and profit on this aircraft to Pakistan---.

Last edited:
The chinease have spent billions on development of both the j20 and j31.

The j20 will not be exported like the raptor in USA will remain exclusive.

But the Chinese are looking to break the usa and Russian and European strangle hold fighter market globally.

China has struggled to get buyers for j10.!
And fc1.

They are banking on j31 which may be mass produced for export .

It will compete with rafale typhoon pak fa and f35..

It maybe cheaper than all of them as the four mentioned all.Cost over 100 million each

For this reason Pakistan can buy the plane but Sharing technology no chance

It is upto Pakistan that which platform it will choose. J10 is only for China (Still backbone of PLAAF and front line fighter with latest hardware) but they offer that to Pakistan and Pakistan only. You don't what we feel about each other and If Pakistan want J20 then China will paint it in PAF color and send it to Pakistan.

Do we have any other Single Option Available then J-31? NO

TFX is gonna take almost a Decade
South Korean one is just in Pictures nothing on Ground
We Can't buy F-35
J-20 is not for Sale...

J-31 and J-11D really wish to see these in PAF
hmmmm....j31 is right decision for paf ???

Not a shred of doubt. FC-31 is the future of the PAF.
I disagree but I could be wrong. FC31 is a twin engine plane and it seems like the PAF wants to stick with single engines planes that are cheaper, easier to manufacture, small, nimble, easier to maintain and harder to detect.

I disagree but I could be wrong. FC31 is a twin engine plane and it seems like the PAF wants to stick with single engines planes that are cheaper, easier to manufacture, small, nimble, easier to maintain and harder to detect.[/QUOTE
fc31 is a right choice of paf or?

Hi,

Your information is incorrect---.

The J10 is not for sale to any country other than Pakistan----. It is a top tier single engine front line aircraft of the Plaaf and no other country would get it---.

Chinese cannot produce enough for themselves---.

There is no such thing as FC1----all rights to production sales and profit have been donated to pakistan---.

Thirdly---if the Paf decides that it needs the J20---they will be flying with the roundel on their tails.

Export of the none of the chinese platform is a priority----. The SCS has cornered china hard---it is desperately trying to fill in the huge hole it has of the legacy 3rd gen aircraft in service.
I think the profit of selling jf17 to an third party will be shared per proportion between Pakistan and China.

Dr

Why not a JF17 blk4 that's a stealth 5th gen plane?
JF17 has its limits, so we best make bet on FC31.

Back
Top Bottom