What's new

Could Pakistan, China, and Russia be cuddling up?

@BRICSFTW

Well we might not join the trio,if at all something like that happens. But we won't go against Russia too .

We will just follow, what benefits India.

Wind in blowing in this very direction. If that happens it can contribute alot to stability in the region.

Now as for Bharat joing this axis. I am all for it, however Bharat (the current ruling ideologues) cannot accept Pakistan as a partner.
Here is my 2 rupayas

It is almost impossible for India to stay in this axis. Look its very simple, everything depends on China now, Russia needs China's diplomatic influence and market to sell its exports and arms, Pakistan needs China, Iran needs China's support in fighting American influence in ME and Russia needs Iran for a counter to pro-American Saudi in the region.

China and India can have all the trade ties they want to have but at the end of the day India is just a hurdle in China's moves, a challenge to China in the region, a countering force for China, which US has just started utilizing with Obama's visit and several defense pacts. So India pretty much is still the enemy of China on economic and millitary fronts, and starting to become Russia's enemy too(what with Russia announcing it will give any weapons to Pakistan that we ask: already we getting mi28 su35 t90 and s300 , and US India defense equipment pacts troubling Kremlin f35, apache etc)

But what does China need? China needs Pakistan otherwise her CPEC is dead (which is btw much more than just a trade pact for China) and China loses inflluence in Indian ocean plus their African and ME investments go down the drain.

So eventually we cannot have India in the club in the long run as it unsettles Pak and has started to trouble Russia, which will be a headache for China and the axis will waver, unless we just skip India.

Rebuttal is not mandatory

In the rapidly changing climate of strategic affiliations its natural for Russia to side with Pakistan now that its traditional ally (india) is backstabbing by reaching over to the Americans .Pakistan on the other hand is desperate to end US dictation so its just a “enemy of an enemy is a friend “kinda thing. plus China is solidifying her position in Pakistan further ,so good news for pakistan rest of the world is more interested in a stable pakistan than pakistanis themselves. lol
you couldn't have put it more simply :tup:

Last edited:
Here is my 2 rupayas

It is almost impossible for India to stay in this axis. Look its very simple, everything depends on now, Russia needs China's diplomatic influence and market to sell its exports and arms, Pakistan needs China, Iran needs China's support in fighting American influence in ME and Russia needs Iran for a counter to pro-American Saudi in the region.

China and India can have all the trade ties they want to have but at the end of the day India is just a hurdle in China's moves, a challenge to China in the region, a countering force for China, which US has just started utilizing with Obama's visit and several defense pacts. So India pretty much is still the enemy of China on economic and millitary fronts, and starting to become Russia's enemy too(what with Russia announcing it will give any weapons to Pakistan that we ask: already we getting mi28 su35 t90 and s300 , and US India defense equipment pacts troubling Kremlin f35 etc)

But what does China need? China needs Pakistan otherwise her CPEC is dead (which is btw much more than just a trade pact for China) and China loses inflluence in Indian ocean plus their African and ME investments go down the drain.

So eventually we cannot have India in the club in the long run as it unsettles Pak and has started to trouble Russia, which will be a headache for China and the axis will waver, unless we just skip India.

For us only 2 things matter.
1. Our economy, and its not affected much by what Russia choses to do.
2. Our land, here again they pressure on Indian Air force to prepare for 2 front war, because we know that no one will be fighting our wars. Russia will also not.

And last, most sensible Indians know the difference between Soviet Union and Russia.

Russia recognises Pakistan’s prime potential and has thus manoeuvred to rapidly increase its full-spectrum relations with the South Asian gatekeeper”. ( emphasis mine; mark the word ‘manoeuvred’)Russia’s overarching goal, as it is with all of its partners today, nowadays, is to provide a non-provocative balancing component to buffet Pakistan’s political position and assist with its peaceful integration into the multi-polar Eurasian framework being constructed by the Russia-China Strategic Partnership.Pakistan is uniquely placed to ‘zip together’ a variety of economic blocs, taking advantage of both its convenient geography and China’s grand investment vision to make it happen.

Yes it would be natural to merge Russia-China strategic partnership with Pakistan-China alliance into a trilateral bloc, or say an expanded Eurasian bloc (+CAS +Iran +Mongolia +Belarus). All three countries will benefit from deepening tie in economy as well as security. After all, the three are beginning to share the same geo-strategic vision.

Last edited:
For us only 2 things matter.
1. Our economy, and its not affected much by what Russia choses to do.
2. Our land, here again they pressure on Indian Air force to prepare for 2 front war, because we know that no one will be fighting our wars. Russia will also not.

And last, most sensible Indians know the difference between Soviet Union and Russia.

Please tell me what is the difference between Soviet Union and Russia? I am intererested to know the opinion of a sensible Indian.

Here is my 2 rupayas

It is almost impossible for India to stay in this axis. Look its very simple, everything depends on China now, Russia needs China's diplomatic influence and market to sell its exports and arms, Pakistan needs China, Iran needs China's support in fighting American influence in ME and Russia needs Iran for a counter to pro-American Saudi in the region.

China and India can have all the trade ties they want to have but at the end of the day India is just a hurdle in China's moves, a challenge to China in the region, a countering force for China, which US has just started utilizing with Obama's visit and several defense pacts. So India pretty much is still the enemy of China on economic and millitary fronts, and starting to become Russia's enemy too(what with Russia announcing it will give any weapons to Pakistan that we ask: already we getting mi28 su35 t90 and s300 , and US India defense equipment pacts troubling Kremlin f35, apache etc)

Well ideally if Bharat was not under the severe infleunce of the current ideologues, it would be have been advantageous to all concerned. However I suspect you are right. She cannot accept Pakistan. Deep down it is an insult. Not only this Modi's Bharat is drawing ever closer to Imposter Israel. And Russia and China do not wish to bend over for Imposter Israel.

@TMA

Lots of arguments but one simple one can be seen by the difference in 1971 and 2000s.
From a time when Soviet Union deterred 2 super powers to intervene in India, to sanctions on India and pulling back from many important programs under the American pressure.

Friends and good business partners will be good terms to describe the two.

@TMA

Lots of arguments but one simple one can be seen by the difference in 1971 and 2000s.
From a time when Soviet Union deterred 2 super powers to intervene in India, to sanctions on India and pulling back from many important programs under the American pressure.

Friends and good business partners will be good terms to describe the two.

So are you saying that the USSR was closer to Bharat than what the Russia is today?

China and India can have all the trade ties they want to have ...

Sino-India trade is small in China's portfolio, and nothing of strategic importance/dependence (e.g. energy, strategic materials, strategic investment).

China trade surplus reaches US$163B (For 3rd Quarter 2015)
Note just in one quarter surplus exceeds $163B, that happens even when imports of oil surpass 7 million b/d. China doesn't need another country with whom there is a trade surplus in dollar. China need to rebuild trade balance by increasing imports of strategic commodities (like oil, aluminium, uranium), seek long-term & stable overseas investment opportunities, and reform settlement currencies, Sino-India trade doesn't serve any of these purposes.

... but at the end of the day India is just a hurdle in China's moves

Yes, say in land connectivity with BD, Nepal, maritime co-op with SL, etc.

Last edited:
Its funny how the Pakistani posters are predicting Russia tilting away from India towards Pakistan. And India is soon going to sign a deal for nuclear submarines and S-400.

Further, why will China do something that would hurt USA. China holds few trillion dollar of US bonds, China attacking US or harming its economy is like a person bombing a bank where his life savings have been deposited.

Its funny how the Pakistani posters are predicting Russia tilting away from India towards Pakistan. And India is soon going to sign a deal for nuclear submarines and S-400.

Further, why will China do something that would hurt USA. China holds few trillion dollar of US bonds, China attacking US or harming its economy is like a person bombing a bank where his life savings have been deposited.
Pakistan buying Russian engines for of jf17 Pakistan buying Russian electronics for jf17. Pakistan buying Su 36S at least 120 of them Russian investing in Karachi Lahore gas pipeline investing 2 billion dollars in it. Russian president scheduled to visit Pakistan by February 2016. Pakistan bought 10 mi-35S and ordering 40 more mi-35s. If this doesn't go into you're Indian inferiority complex head then I am sorry buddy . . .

It is possible or not , may be earlier to say but i would love that to happen . Put Central Asia in the frame and we have a beautiful picture . It simply benefits everyone even India if somehow both nations resolve the issues particularly KASHMIR

Moscow and Beijing are not fond of meddling in other countries as much as U.S. is.

This is where the problem lies. Personally, I think both China and Russia are just as fond of meddling in other countries' affairs as much as The U.S if not more only if their logistics and finances(among many factors) wouldn't be a problem.

The thing is, how I see it, Pakistan wouldn't mind China's supremacy over itself or The world but could the same be said about Russia? I mean, everyone's aware of Russia Military superiority over China. Personally, I doubt Russia's gonna
play by China's rule. That is not to say such an alliance isn't possible - Perhaps China and Russia could divide their
spheres of influence. Interesting times ahead either way.

I would be so glad to se India in this team.But you pakistanis and indians are not going to play with each other, right?
It's up to India. Pakistan tried and failed at convincing India to come to the table and negotiate all subjects so that peace could prevail. If India wants it, both nations could have peace tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom