What's new

Featured CoronaVirus in Pakistan - Updates & Discussion

Number of tests decreased too
yes but the redcution of positive percentage is important. secondly it is also being reported that number of suspected patients is also on the decline which can explain the decrease in the number of tests. there are very very few countries that are carrying out extensive testing . the patients presenting with only typical symptoms are being tested in many of the developed countries even.

Also the num of positive cases, the reason for increased cases after eid was govt dumbness of openining limited markets for limited time which was reason for increase in cases now things are normal with basic sops like masks wearing and social distancing.
the fault doesnt only lie with the government alone. every idiot played his part. the CJP , mullah and the whole nation itself shot in their feet.

upload-image-5ef7245306e8b.png

Another Bad Day for Pakistan. 4,072 cases reported Yesterday 83 people lost their lives. 5713 people recovered in a day. Only 25,013 tests conducted with positive ratio of 16.28%.
upload_2020-6-28_10-16-25.png

38 people died in Sindh, 24 in KPK, 17 people died in Punjab, 2 in Islamabad and 1 each in Balochistan and GB.
upload_2020-6-28_10-19-25.png

Testing Stats. Sindh conducted about 12000 tests
upload_2020-6-28_10-23-2.png

yes but the redcution of positive percentage is important. secondly it is also being reported that number of suspected patients is also on the decline which can explain the decrease in the number of tests. there are very very few countries that are carrying out extensive testing . the patients presenting with only typical symptoms are being tested in many of the developed countries even.

the fault doesnt only lie with the government alone. every idiot played his part. the CJP , mullah and the whole nation itself shot in their feet.
I will only blame the govr as they should have opened everything 24/7 or not opening at all.

Another Bad Day for Pakistan. 4,072 cases reported Yesterday 83 people lost their lives. 5713 people recovered in a day. Only 25,013 tests conducted with positive ratio of 16.28%.
View attachment 645414
38 people died in Sindh, 24 in KPK, 17 people died in Punjab, 2 in Islamabad and 1 each in Balochistan and GB.
View attachment 645415
Testing Stats. Sindh conducted about 12000 tests
View attachment 645416
Naother gud day for Pakistan recovered num surpasses the new cases which is good.

Overall recovery rate in Pakistan is bad just because of punjab where recovery is too slow or govt have very poor data management.

TB kills over 70,000 people every year in Pakistan
https://www.thenews.com.pk/print/107518-TB-kills-over-70000-people-every-year-in-Pakistan

FFS people
wake up and learn this is a hyped up disease.

Also the num of positive cases, the reason for increased cases after eid was govt dumbness of openining limited markets for limited time which was reason for increase in cases now things are normal with basic sops like masks wearing and social distancing.

This happens every year after both eids esp. after ramadan..Hospitals get filled up, virals go around more as people meet and greet, pray together , more people die mostly elderly. this year however you are seeing it through the lens of covid but this is not a new phenomena.

And you must have noticed the deaths are decreasing now which implies we are past that curve now..

TB kills over 70,000 people every year in Pakistan
https://www.thenews.com.pk/print/107518-TB-kills-over-70000-people-every-year-in-Pakistan

FFS people
wake up and learn this is a hyped up disease.

This happens every year after both eids esp. after ramadan..Hospitals get filled up, virals go around more as people meet and greet, pray together , more people die mostly elderly. this year however you are seeing it through the lens of covid but this is not a new phenomena.

And you must have noticed the deaths are decreasing now which implies we are past that curve now..

Smh...

I have never seen people en masse getting flu after eid/ramazan, getting sick for weeks, have difficulty breathing and then dying. Infact I don't even remember people getting flu in extreme hot summer.

Smh...

I have never seen people en masse getting flu after eid/ramazan, getting sick for weeks, have difficulty breathing and then dying. Infact I don't even remember people getting flu in extreme hot summer.
True most people confuse flu with cold. Flu is caused by Influenza virus and common cold is caused by rhino virus, flu is much more severe and cases a lot of deaths worldwide. Flu is not endemic in Pakistan due to climate. I think what he means is common cold which does exhibit characteristics of community transmission during winters.
In Pakistan the curve is showing signs of flattening, Ro is stable and is is not increasing but not in the ideal range. The real cases in Pakistan are in millions and the people who have recovered are in a significant amount as well. Given the nature of Covid majority of patients are either asymptomatic or develop very mild symptoms but they do transmit the virus. The people who develop considerable symptoms are the ones who are getting themselves tested, among those the mortality is around 4% (when using recovered as a benchmark).
Pakistan is doing very little community testing but infact testing people who report signs and symptoms. That is why you see fluctuation in testing numbers. The less people present with symptoms profile consistent with Covid the less the number of tests done in a particular day and vice versa.

Smh...

or maybe you didnt notice it earlier.
you are talking about influenza b..many are antigenically novel strains that emerge sporadically as pandemic viruses like H1N1 or A/H3N2 that comes in summer.
https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0079959
upload_2020-6-28_4-55-2.png

And i want to correct my statement. Pakistani hospitals are actually burdened through out the year..not just after Ramadan however i was sharing my experience, what i have seen..
Secondly, people are not dying en masse like you put it....

Web Desk
June 28, 2020

NDMA to be handed first tranche of locally made ventilators this week:

ISLAMABAD: Federal Minister for Science and Technology Fawad Chaudhry announced on Sunday that the first locally made ventilators will be handed over to the National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) this week.

“The first tranche of Made in Pakistan ventilators will be handed over to the NDMA this week,” tweeted the minister and congratulated the NRTC on the achievement.

Chaudhry also shared that there are three more designs that are in the last phase of development. He said that after the approval, Pakistan will be among those countries which will be able to manufacture complex medical equipment, adding that all these machines will be up to par with the standards followed by the European Union.

Earlier this month, the Ministry of Science and Technology and Ministry of Health signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) regarding the indigenous development of Electro Medical devices.

The ceremony was held at the National Command and Operation Center (NCC) Islamabad. Minister for Science and Technology Chaudhry Fawad Hussain, Prime Minister's Special Assistant (SAPM) on National Health Services Dr Zafar Mirza and Chairman Pakistan Engineering Council and Chief Executive Officer Drug Regulatory Authority of Pakistan (DRAP) attended the event.

The framework under this mechanism would spark off innovation and local engineering solutions in this field and will improve healthcare facilities.

The initiative is expected to open a way forward for the innovators to invest multiple electro-medical equipment in Pakistan.

Electro-medical devices are being regulated by DRAP and 15 ventilators were in various phases of trials at the time. Machine trials of 4 ventilators by the Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC) were expected to be completed as well.

Speaking on the occasion, the science minister had said that Pakistan is in a position to export personal protective equipment.

Noting that currently export orders worth $10 million are pending, the minister said that his ministry will also enhance cooperation with local surgical goods manufacturing companies.

Meanwhile, Mirza said the country has improved its healthcare system and it will be manufacturing ventilators, soon.

Another 3557 cases reported in a day. 49 people unfortunately lost their lives. 2783 people recovered. Only 23,009 tests conducted out of which 15.46%.
upload_2020-6-29_10-21-32.png

26 people died in Sindh, 8 people died in Punjab and KPK, 5 people in Islamabad and 2 in Balochistan.
upload_2020-6-29_10-28-50.png

Testing Stats.
upload_2020-6-29_10-31-50.png

Back
Top Bottom