What's new

Coronavirus and how to fight it. What to do and what not to do.

Here: https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/03/coronavirus-covid-19-hangzhou-zhejiang-government-response/

China is/was far more scientific and capable in dealing with BIO-HAZARD crisis in comparison to numerous countries.

The main reason for China's success in this out break is their political system. That type of system usually removes many obstacles to tackle such outbreaks.

Thank you for posting it but Chinese approach was different in each province and one has to study what they did specifically in every province and what was the outcome.

Maintaining social distance from Individual/community level and lockdown from govt level are only ways to fight it out. Sadly no other way.

The main reason for China's success in this out break is their political system. That type of system usually removes many obstacles to tackle such outbreaks.

Thank you for posting it but Chinese approach was different in each province and one has to study what they did specifically in every province and what was the outcome.
Following publication:

Report of the WHO-China Joint Mission
on Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)

- contain some information in relation to Chinese responses to COVID-19 outbreak across Chinese geography.

You may check that report to understand a few things, and compare its revelations with information in the other link (I provided in my previous post). You will have to connect dots from multiple sources and publications - not an easy task.

Core competency of Chinese political system notwithstanding, Chinese also have a higher level of organization and discipline than in many Asian countries on a societal level. Chinese tech giants are also playing a key role in monitoring and analyzing the process of outbreak and responses in connection (Big Data analytics). Pakistan is lacking in many areas in comparison.

Nope quarantine is possible as solo quarantine. It was incompetence of PTI govt first not to totally seal border and then quarantine collectively.

They have sealed the border now after there were calls for their incompetence and they are now setting up a solo quarantine facility next to multan.

The PPPP Sindh govt also is not that clean and responsible for cases increase in Sindh. They evacuated from taftan collectively. Although the sukkur facility is solo quarantine but collectively transportation was what made cases rise in Sindh.

Still they have not learned and extraction from taftan in on table which will increase the risk.

The best practice is to contain situation at stage one by facilitating at taftan and engaging it there. The place is remote and current number can be handled there.

Good administration is more important than more hospitals to fight this virus.

@Foxtrot Alpha I know they could have done this before they showed incompetence.

This is a solo quarantine and they have many facilities like this.
Excellent points.

Following publication:

Report of the WHO-China Joint Mission
on Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)

- contain some information in relation to Chinese responses to COVID-19 outbreak across Chinese geography.

You may check that report to understand a few things, and compare its revelations with information in the other link (I provided in my previous post). You will have to connect dots from multiple sources and publications - not an easy task.

Core competency of Chinese political system notwithstanding, Chinese also have a higher level of organization and discipline than in many Asian countries on a societal level. Chinese tech giants are also playing a key role in monitoring and analyzing the process of outbreak and responses in connection (Big Data analytics). Pakistan is lacking in many areas in comparison.
Pakistan lacks almost everything but the problem in Pakistan is also not that big. Keeping in mind 4 places for start.

A China
B Italy
C Spain
D Iran

These 4 countries had a different approach and were most hit.

China considered Wuhan as the final stage of pandemic and locked the city. While rest of China acted as lower stages of outbreak and restrictions were placed in accordance.

Wuhan got field hospitals but rest of China used already established hospitals.

Coming to Pakistan Sindh is most effected so Sindh should be placed on high alert. Where as rest of the country is mildly effected for now.

Best practice would be to keep an eye on new domestic spread cases. For this a small reward should be introduced to the person who will inform of an infected case as people are less educated and will try to evade quarantine. Main focus should be given to quarantine facilities. Human interaction and mishandling should be totally restricted there on high priority so that least cases come from quarantine thus keeping the burden minimum.

Cities which are totally safe from infection should be identified and life should go normal there. Cities which are infected should cut off from motorways and other main roads and should have only one way traffic of supply delivery.

All type of internal city public transport should be halted only rickshaws Uber and careem should operate and that only be limited to grocery. Barber shops should be closed.

Actually we are not at the stage of high risk and this crisis can be handled but for that we need a very strict administration. If you think that stick and carrot policy or deterance policy no those will not work we need real time administration for this crisis. Someone who could well manage the quarantine and track patients. Plus strict border regime and entry criteria into the country. We can defeat this virus with in 25 days. It is not a big deal just lacks political will and engagement

We need to be realistic and not make number projections based on unrealistic actions (lockdowns etc).

You can't police and force a poor, somewhat stubborn, and hugely uneducated population to adhere to lockdowns.

Approach and guidance needs to be of changing the way people get on with life whilst taking precautions.

Government doesn't have the resources to lockdown cities and provinces and also provide living expenses to all those affected.

Only way the lockdowns would work is to take over each local mosque to make it Bait-ul-maal and government taking full control of the food supply chain - temporarily nationalise the full supply chain. Free rationed food for all. Utility bills waved off. But I don't see that happening.

Only realistic option is get on with life and take precautions to protect the elderly and weak. Teach/guide the public through an aggressive media campaign via every single radio and TV channel.

We need to be realistic and not make number projections based on unrealistic actions (lockdowns etc).

You can't police and force a poor, somewhat stubborn, and hugely uneducated population to adhere to lockdowns.

Approach and guidance needs to be of changing the way people get on with life whilst taking precautions.

Government doesn't have the resources to lockdown cities and provinces and also provide living expenses to all those affected.

Only way the lockdowns would work is to take over each local mosque to make it Bait-ul-maal and government taking full control of the food supply chain - temporarily nationalise the full supply chain. Free rationed food for all. Utility bills waved off. But I don't see that happening.

Only realistic option is get on with life and take precautions to protect the elderly and weak. Teach/guide the public through an aggressive media campaign via every single radio and TV channel.

I only stated lockdown cause we need to think a head. If situation gets worse we need to plan for it today. We need to have advance info on how we have to act at that time. To be honest all 4 provinces were sleeping and brought the situation to this. The federal govt reacted late and kept borders open.

I have not yet seen one video conference Pakistani officials have done with Chinese of any province to take advise from them on what they did to control. Govt has sent no team to China to observe their practices. These things needed to be done asap.

I only stated lockdown cause we need to think a head. If situation gets worse we need to plan for it today. We need to have advance info on how we have to act at that time. To be honest all 4 provinces were sleeping and brought the situation to this. The federal govt reacted late and kept borders open.

I have not yet seen one video conference Pakistani officials have done with Chinese of any province to take advise from them on what they did to control. Govt has sent no team to China to observe their practices. These things needed to be done asap.

It's too late now. Lockdowns are not going to work in Pakistan and will hurt more people than the virus.

It's too late now. Lockdowns are not going to work in Pakistan and will hurt more people than the virus.

No, its needs to implement such action as much as people hates it, including me. Because in the long term you will have many more cases and more deaths and long term harmful impact to the economy compare to short term. Look at serious cases how diseases like the Black Death died down. Because of isolation. Not touching each other or touching things where masses will touch.

The UK response has been poor. Pakistan is also making mistakes.

1.As a people we must self isolate. Do not go out if you can live without it.

2. Regularly wash your hands with soap and water.

3. Clean surfaces in your house, especially handles etc with disinfectant daily.

4. Separate your indoor and outdoor clothes.

5. Wipe down your phones with disinfectant and tissue.

If you do go out, wear a mask, keep a distance from people, don't touch anyone where possible.

People in service sector should be supplied with masks and disposal gloves. We need to keep hospitals, pharmacies, doctors, hospitals, petrol pumps, public transport and food shops open and running. Industries supporting them should also keep running.

Office based work should switch to von and working from home.

Anyone with symptoms should be tested. Armed forces should be deployed to assist them and to make sure people follow rules at medical facilities.

Only the severally Ill should be treated all hospitals.

For the next 3 months all routine medical surgery and appointments should be cancelled to ensure medical capacity to deal with the issue at hand and to reduce risk of contamination.

Masjids should be shut, all public gathering banned.

Can anyone in the UK please let me know, do you have army patrolling your streets? Apparently lots of people posting about it on social media. Don't know how much truth is behind it, will be calling my cousin in London today to confirm 100%.

Pakistan has a wide network of trains and train service has been shut due to the virus outbreak.

Now we can also bring these trains into action to make an effective mobile quarantine facility for suspected patients.

The sleeper rooms of trains can be used as a mobile quarantine facility for emergency. It provided solo quarantine for one person in one room. If there is an unknown emergency out break in some city these trains should be prepared to to dispatch them for emergency quarantine.

You can easily put a single person in one sleeper room and turn it into a quarantine.

img_20160311_1442105_rewind.jpg

xluxury-train-pakistan-768x0.jpg.pagespeed.ic.Sf0bMle7ia.jpg

Look at serious cases how diseases like the Black Death died down. Because of isolation. Not touching each other or touching thin

Isolation is just not a realistic solution without government paying for people's living expenses and supplying food to every house.

Social distancing measures will work. Black death died down due to social distancing, not Isolation.

As I said earlier, aggressive media campaign on social distancing and precautions including hygiene (washing hands/face, not touching mouth, eyes etc) and mass production of masks and sanitizers made available cheap.

Can anyone in the UK please let me know, do you have army patrolling your streets? Apparently lots of people posting about it on social media. Don't know how much truth is behind it, will be calling my cousin in London today to confirm 100%.

No sight of army where I am - South Wales.

London is heading for curfew though, in a day or two.

No, not yet.

Army has been put on standby to provide support if required - we will know more by 5pm UK time when PM will do a press conference. Right now it's media speculation.

If deployed it will likely be medics and as security in supermarkets etc maybe.

Back
Top Bottom