What's new

Congrats : Parliament pass Anti-terror bill

HAIDER

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Now if human is not coming in witness stand, then other modern electronic equipment will be use in witness stand. All agencies are allowed to interrogate and detain for indefinite period of time. From phone tapping to cam surveillance is allowed. Only FIA is exclude and not given any power.

ARYnews

Now if human is not coming in witness stand, then other modern electronic equipment will be use in witness stand. All agencies are allowed to interrogate and detain for indefinite period of time. From phone tapping to cam surveillance is allowed. Only FIA is exclude and not given any power.

ARYnews

Atlast...

Good timing though...as the war on terror comes to its Pyrrhic end and as the West withdraws from the war theater..it is time for Pakistan to strengthen its national security manifolds.

Pakistan should go the Russian way and show no mercy on the militants....

Hmmm....even though Im up for the bill and the measures for now but we must be careful and weary of these. The right of privacy must be safe guarded as well for the average populace.

well atleast they doing something in the parliament now i thought it was all about MNA funds,tea with biscuit.

well atleast they doing something in the parliament now i thought it was all about MNA funds,tea with biscuit.

Tea with pakora or allo tikki plus some jaleeby oh yeah thats what i am talking about dammmmm now i am hungry thanx for nothing.

I don't see anything new in this bill, they already have these powers. Now, this bill only legalize their actions and give them more legal rights in the court.

I recall having conversation with a friend some time ago, his cousin an ex-army capt was kidnapped for money. Capt's father contacted his former unit CO and ISI, using mobile GPS they tracked down the exact location of kidnappers. They were captured with the help of local police while that kidnappers team was enroute to transfer him to a bigger mafia.

This all happened almost a decade ago. In the same way intelligence agencies have captured large number of people from banned outfits and terrorists organizations.

The missing persons case was legally a very weak case from agencies side. They kidnap people based on intel on their actions, which was mostly undocumented or charges were never put forward before taking them in custody. May be this bill will help agencies in justifying their actions in court. I hope its put to good use only.

Good move.... This will help to solve so many of the cases.... as it is difficult to get people to become witness for terror cases...

I don't see anything new in this bill, they already have these powers. Now, this bill only legalize their actions and give them more legal rights in the court.

I recall having conversation with a friend some time ago, his cousin an ex-army capt was kidnapped for money. Capt's father contacted his former unit CO and ISI, using mobile GPS they tracked down the exact location of kidnappers. They were captured with the help of local police while that kidnappers team was enroute to transfer him to a bigger mafia.

This all happened almost a decade ago. In the same way intelligence agencies have captured large number of people from banned outfits and terrorists organizations.

The missing persons case was legally a very weak case from agencies side. They kidnap people based on intel on their actions, which was mostly undocumented or charges were never put forward before taking them in custody. May be this bill will help agencies in justifying their actions in court. I hope its put to good use only.

No,

There is power and there is legal power; the one you can use in a court of law.
You can not use video tapes / audio recordings when you weren't authorized to make them.

What this piece of legislation will do, is that it will make those tappings legal; thus allowing courts to pass sentences quicker.
Which inturn will relieve the courts of letting terrorists go free, and the army of extra judicial killings.

In the longer run when all such cases start to be decided in court and thus become a matter of public knowledge, a lot of people "traitors" will be known.

Many will come out of the closet, explcitly or implicitly.

No,

There is power and there is legal power; the one you can use in a court of law.
You can not use video tapes / audio recordings when you weren't authorized to make them.

What this piece of legislation will do, is that it will make those tappings legal; thus allowing courts to pass sentences quicker.
Which inturn will relieve the courts of letting terrorists go free, and the army of extra judicial killings.

In the longer run when all such cases start to be decided in court and thus become a matter of public knowledge, a lot of people "traitors" will be known.

Many will come out of the closet, explcitly or implicitly.

i dont think giving law and order agencies absolute powers a good idea...courts must be given absolute authority...to decide such things...a seperate set of courts for terrorism may be a good idea...it says witness stand..so i assume powers are given to courts to decide..

Actually GPS tracking and phone taping are two different entities, former is in use without any question of its legality. Tapping a phone or the scrutinization of sms and emails on other hand are the acts more like the acts of transgression of one's privacy, they may be in practice in past but they weren't legal, hence their application was minimal too. A legal cover would allow authorities to apply that extensively to confront terrorism which indeed is our top most priority, it would also allow them to import the equipments.

What is more important about this bill is the fact that from now onwards emails, text messages and audio recordings may also be presented as evidences before courts, wasn't the case before.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom