What's new

Comparison | Main Battle Tanks Below 55 tonnes

Kompromat

ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Hey everyone.

So I haven't done anything like this in a while for the forum, so I took a few days to put this data sheet together for forum members. It includes OEM data on 4 most popular tanks under the 55-tonne class. I am attaching the PDF copy as well. I tried my best to collect authentic data so don't get mad if any minor detail is left out.

Leave a good rating/comment if you enjoyed this.

Horus from team Pakistan Defence.

MBTs below 55 tonnes by horus from pakistan defence forum-page-001.jpg

Attachments

• MBTs below 55 tonnes by horus from pakistan defence forum.pdf
    440.9 KB · Views: 268
Last edited:
Hey everyone.

So I haven't done anything like this in a while for the forum, so I took a few days to put this data sheet together for forum members. It includes OEM data on 4 most popular tanks under the 55-tonne class. I am attaching the PDF copy as well. I tried my best to collect authentic data so don't get mad if any minor detail is left out.

View attachment 500020

This is definitely very informative. :tup:

Hey everyone.

View attachment 500025

Why pak not mass producing alkhalid and looking for t90 and other options although on paper alkhalid seems far better than the options pak is exploring?

Why pak not mass producing alkhalid and looking for t90 and other options although on paper alkhalid seems far better than the options pak is exploring?
paisy day to bna deta hun, dekh nai raha kitna mehnga ha, 5.8 million?

But importing chinies or ukranian tanks will cost more than this
o bhai, look at the bottom of the chart shared in OP!!! AK is a monster! compare its stats along with t90 and T84 then see their prizes. AK is a monster with only 5.8 million per tank, while in this list its only Type 10 which is equal to it with better FCS/IBFMS, technology etc, and its up to 9 million per tank.

T84 is only 5 million and T90 is only 4.5 million. And T84 is a Ukrainian Tank.

Last edited:
so you try to save some cash by letting down something you make it seems not logical
and let me add, which we can update on our own as we get 60% T84 oplot M manufacturing in Pakistan:azn::azn:

Its all abt money buddy, money talks bullshit walks!

Right now we dont have enough money to mass produce which costs 5.8 million per tank, so a 5 million tank is being considered, we may buy 300-500 t84s, and out of those only 100 to be brought ready made and rest produced domestically. We can update the existing 500 t84 in future once we get economy back on track.

And then lets not forget upcoming AK-2...That would to up to the leopard 2 A5-7 standards with 1500hp engine.

We can update the existing 500 t84 in future once we get economy back on track.
Then go for t-72 it's so cheap you buy it ready all you need upgrade it to a better level it would cost you all in all have the price or even one third that of t-84

Then go for t-72 it's so cheap you buy it ready all you need upgrade it to a better level it would cost you all in all have the price or even one third that of t-84
t72 doesnt suits our needs, its way too low for our standards, we r building a fleet which can successfully take on Arjun series of india, t90s and their future T14 armata tanks which they have shown interest and for whom AK-2 is being build for. And who knows they may end up buying leopard-2 as well in future. So we need to be prepared. We follow a little bit israel here, we know we will be out numbered in the next war with india in their cold start doctrine and in specially combined arms warfare that they will attack with,,,, so we need better equipment.

T84 is a good stop gap platform with a good prize, which we r getting in a very good deal and later we can update independently. AK-1 is BTW also being produced and will keep on being produced separately, but its production is at very low rate, thats the actual reason and the 6TD-3 engine from Ukraine we want for AK-2 for buying T84 as a stop gap, with so many tanks ordered from ukraine which itself is struggling economically this order can be its lifeline specially for its defence sector.

This is why we r getting such a favorable deal in which we can get eventually upto 300-500 tanks by buying out of these only 100 directly from ukraine and producing rest in home, that too upto 60%.

Actually we r buying a new variant of T84 Oplot M (M has only 1200hp engine 6td-2) called Oplot P with 1500hp 6td-3 engine which they have specially made for our specific needs.......its engine had issues in our deserts so it was send back to be improved now lets see. And under this deal we r going to build that 1500hp at home too.

We r also updating our ukrainian T80UD to Oplot standards which r also 320 in numbers and thats being done separately in pakistan by ukraine help.

Now u put everything together, thats a very lucrative contract for ukraine, and they know it too. This is also another reason we r getting so favorable conditions from them.

Always remember, we r building a fleet of atleast 2800-3000 tanks give the size of our country and armed forces, now thats a very lucrative and profitable market for anybody too, as we can even make these relatively unknown country on the map.

Like i said, money talks bullshit walks, learn to do business from us.

Last edited:
Type-10 looks SOLID but costly due to high-tech features.

AK-1 also well done. VARTA soft-kill APS, in particular, sound good.

@Horus

VARTA or VATRA?

Great work on the whole.

The Oplot is a shit tank... during 2018 european tank challenge the Oplot performed extrem poor... BY far the worst shooting results, unstable platform, packed with tonnes of technical problems, unable to ride smooth (crew comfort, makes fire on the move even more worse because the gearchange let the whole tank shake) ... during the offencive and defencive tank shooting it hardly reached half the points of the winning team... bejoned 1500m the accuracy dropped dramaticly... abouve 2000m it is a waste to shoot with it because the chance to hit or not is 1:1...

During the one week competition the T-84 tanks were also packed with technical problems...

Cheap is always twice expansive... because you spend a fortune to keep it running and to hold it in the range of more expansive tanks.

There are some mistakes

The Type 10 max weight is 48to...
40to basic, 44to with add on armor, 48to with maximum add on armor
the autoloader of the Type 10 is much faster than the other it can reload in 4seconds which give a theoritical rate of fire of up to 15rounds/minute.

In terms of mobility, sensors, crew comfort, firecontrol, firepower, accuracy, reliability the Type10 eat the rest of this field for breakfast...

btw there is a mistake in the video in 2017 the Ukranine does not place 4th they placed last witht the T-64BV

Hey everyone.

View attachment 500025

T-14 Armata Column ?

( Also attached pdf is leaking identification information) @Horus

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom