What's new

Comparison Between Indian Tank Armour and People Liberation ARMY China

Which Tank Armour Force Has Edge In Combat ?

• They are Evenly Matched

Votes: 14 46.7%
  • China Has Edge Over Indian Armour

Votes: 16 53.3%

• Total voters
Considering the terrain of Indo-China border, I guess that leaves Arjun mainly Pakistan specific then.
Well, you could say that.The terrain over the northern frontiers isn't really tank friendly and generally unsuitable for large scale manoeuvres.

PS - And what was the purpose of this thread again??

Well, you could say that.The terrain over the northern frontiers isn't really tank friendly and generally unsuitable for large scale manoeuvres.

It seems that Vs kind of thread I guess.

Exactly, and these types of threads serves no practical purpose other than some virtual d!ck measuring as you already know I'm sure.

Currently india Operates
Total T90 1400+ T-72 Ajeya M1 2414+ Arjun MBT 124 = 3938 Third Gen tanks in service

People Liberation Army

Type 96 2077 Units + Type 98/99 620 units = 2697 units Of Third Generation Tanks

More of what PLA Operates Just Perception Or Hard fact Still you will see the poll results Heavily bias

Currently india Operates
Total T90 1400+ T-72 Ajeya M1 2414+ Arjun MBT 124 = 3938 Third Gen tanks in service

People Liberation Army

Type 96 2077 Units + Type 98/99 620 units = 2697 units Of Third Generation Tanks

More of what PLA Operates Just Perception Or Hard fact Still you will see the poll results Heavily bias

And what would that prove??And frankly, we don't really know about the exact numbers of different MBTs in PLA arsenal, let's not get ahead of ourselves here, over some wikipedia entry!!

Well I guess all the Arjuns are deployed along Pakistan border therefore transportation of Arjuns would be difficult. It's not impossible since transport Arjuns as C17's have transported M1's halfway across the globe.
How t72 transported to ladakh then?c17 is capable of living one tank at a time.

True, it will be ridiculous to think of tank battles in such terrain with now where to run or hide but some kids want to compare disneyland with junglebook.

India should buy 1,000 M1A1 that are in storage from the U.S have them upgraded to SA config (situaional awarness)

let's say you buy these for $2.5 million each, and $1 million to upgrade to SA....that's not a bad deal

M1A1 has proven it's self in desert warfare, and you can always switch out the gas turbine for the MTU883

India could buy 1,000 M1A1 that are in storage from the U.S have them upgraded to SA config (situaional awarness)

let's say you buy these for $2.5 each, and $1 million to upgrade to SA....that's not a bad deal

M1A1 has proven it's self in desert warfare, and you can always switch out the gas turbine for the MTU883

Only if you agree to supply them with depleted uranium armor inserts and also, M829 DU APFSDS munitions. :P

Only if you agree to supply them with depleted uranium armor inserts and also, M829 DU APFSDS munitions. :P
SA comes with third gen depleted uranium, and there is going to be plenty of M829A3 sabots since we switching over to M829A4 in the next few years.

pretty sure M829A3 can defeat T-90S with Kontact 5, but not relikt

SA comes with third gen depleted uranium, and there is going to be plenty of M829A3 sabots since we switching over to M829A4 in the next few years.
Dude!!DU products are not up for export!!There is a self imposed ban in USA.That's why I made that comment.

LOL why are there only 100 Arjun tanks in india's arsenal? Hahahaha
Why are you so dumb and ignorant hahahaha??!!

Dude!!DU products are not up for export!!There is a self imposed ban in USA.That's why I made that comment.

Oh, I guess because indian media makes people so lol. I recall hearing about the arjun that was due to be inducted into the military as early as 2008, it's now closing in on 2018 hahahaha

that can be change once Trump is President.

that can be change once Trump is President.
In that case, the M1A1s I will say India should seriously consider if such USA makes such an offer.It will also help us in our own future tank projects, if nothing else, our engineers can at least study the design which in turn would enable them to come up with a tank with least amounts of weak spots and also would help in increasing crew survivality.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom