What's new

Comparison Between Indian Tank Armour and People Liberation ARMY China

Which Tank Armour Force Has Edge In Combat ?

• They are Evenly Matched

Votes: 14 46.7%
  • China Has Edge Over Indian Armour

Votes: 16 53.3%

• Total voters

John Reese

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
PLA Third Generation MBT

Type 96 MBT

800px-Chinese_ZTZ-96_MBT.jpg

36 battalions of Type-96A (1116 units),31 battalions of Type 96 (961 units) as of December 2015

Total =2077

Type 99 MBT

Tank-Type-99-China.jpg

Type-99-MBT-PLA-1S.jpg

16 battalions of Type 99 (496 units), 4 battalions of Type 99A (124 units) as of December 2015

Total= 620 Units

Indian Army Third Generation MBT

T-90S/M MBT

T-90M+MBT.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

India 1400+ tanks in Service As per 2015

Combat Improved Ajeya (PT-91 Twardy )

PT-91M_Pendekar.jpg

DRDO reactive armour, a navigation system from Israel's Tamam, German Litef or South African RDI, a locally developed laser illumination warning system, new radios manufactured by Tadiran or GES Marconi and an improved NBC protection system will be fitted. The tank is planned to be powered by a 1,000 hp (750 kW) S-1000 engine made by the Polish firm PZL-Wola (also from PT-91 Twardy). It is also upgraded with new fire detection and suppression systems and laser warning systems on either side of the turret.

Total = 2414 In Service As per 2015

Arjun MBT MK 1

nDFZj.jpg

Arjun_Mk-2_Mark_II_main_battle_tank_India_Indian_defence_industry_military_technology_005.jpg

TOTAL =124 UNITS IN SERVICE AS PER 2016

Conclusion

Currently india Operates
Total T90 1400+ T-72 Ajeya M1 2414+ Arjun MBT 124 = 3938 Third Gen tanks in service

People Liberation Army

Type 96 2077 Units + Type 98/99 620 units = 2697 units Of Third Generation Tanks

Last edited:
India 1,657 T-90 MBT in service by 2018

DRDO reactive armour, a navigation system from Israel's Tamam, German Litef or South African RDI, a locally developed laser illumination warning system, new radios manufactured by Tadiran or GES Marconi and an improved NBC protection system will be fitted.

A ₹10,000 crore (US$1.5 billion) purchase of 354 new T-90MS tanks for six tank regiments for the China border has been approved

India Is in talks With Purchase 1000 More T-90 MBT With Russia

How can one compare one with What is already in place (China) to what which has many WILL BE part (India). I cant vote in presence of non parity of information. Had OP asked for comparison of what both are holding now in field then it wud have been a treat to read and vote for.
PS: Why is Arjun missing from the list?

Last edited:
The first pic is T-80 bud! Secondly i don't think PLA will deploy large no's of tanks in the region considering they have a large quantity of wheeled/tracked vehicles with capable 105 mm guns for fire support as well as anti-armour role.

How can one compare one with What is already in place (China) to what which has many WILL BE part. I cant vote in presence of non parity of information. Had OP asked for comparison of what both are holding now in field then it wud have been a treat to read and vote for.
Arjun is too heavy to be transported to Ladakh sector rapidly.

How can one compare one with What is already in place (China) to what which has many WILL BE part. I cant vote in presence of non parity of information. Had OP asked for comparison of what both are holding now in field then it wud have been a treat to read and vote for.
Upgrades Already Started Information Posted From Old Source 800+ Tanks already Upgraded to
Combat Improved Ajeya

And India Already Has 1400+ T-90 In Service As per Dec 2015

Upgrades Already Started Information Posted From Old Source 500+ Tanks already Upgraded

And Already Has 1400+ T-90 In Service As per Dec 2015

I suggest modify the thread accordingly. And if future acquisitions of IA are being considered then same of PLA shud also be mentioned for sake of parity.

I suggest modify the thread accordingly. And if future acquisitions of IA are being considered then same of PLA shud also be mentioned for sake of parity.
Since India already Has All 2414 T-72 Ajeya M1 in Service
I will Modify T-90 as per you request
Im Only Quoting Current Inventory
Upgrades are Part of Process

Even in PLA case
PLA I Only Submitted PLA Mbt By Numbers there Various variant Which Less capable or STill Not Upgraded

Modification Done

Last edited:
U10553P27T1D817011F3DT20150105103152.jpg
Dont forget to put this in,if you are counting the future tanks.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom