What's new

'Combat Hawk' Aircraft by Next Year's 'Aero India'

you people talk like you are from some big warrior nations..what we see on the grounds is just goats
Well its a fact most of the martial races are found in India apart from our military history.

Do you forget who ruled you in the past ?

Well its a fact most of the martial races are found in India apart from our military history.

Do you forget who ruled you in the past ?

yes i know, Turks and Afghans.

by the way martial means the ones who fight, I am sure you misunderstood it for marital :)

That's bad news for the goats, because we know what you do when you see a goat:

* oh by the way in my post I called Indians, goats..omg you just posted a video of Pakistanis ***** Indians.

And yet these "goats" keep beating your lions, isn't that strange? o_O

my Lion ?
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Who do you think I meant when I said "you"? Did I say Pakistanis?

I meant all sexually frustrated islamic terrorists, whether the ones that die in Afghanistan, or whether the ones who die at the LoC.

Your countryman talked about goats in an unrelated topic, with no provocation, so I was reminded of this strange goat-fixation that you people have. Otherwise why bring in goats in a thread about combat Hawks? Extreme goat love and goat obsession, what else?
Im not prepared to listen to yr excuses, u deserve a life ban thats it.

yes i know, Turks and Afghans.

by the way martial means the ones who fight, I am sure you misunderstood it for marital :)

* oh by the way in my post I called Indians, goats..omg you just posted a video of Pakistanis ***** Indians.

my lion ?
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Im not prepared to listen to yr excuses, u deserve a life ban thats it.

why you getting upset, I called them goats...and he showed a video of Pakistanis (in his opinion, but it could be any nations since every nation in Asia F**** them) doing it to Indians

You are neither turk nor afghan but a Pakistani :)

how do you know that, but you know Shah Rukh is Pathan?

why you getting upset, I called them goats...and he showed a video of Pakistanis (in his opinion, but it could be any nations since every nation in Asia F**** them) doing it to Indians

how do you know that, but you know Shah Rukh is Pathan?
Actually he is confused about his ancestry,he is a Kashmiri from father's side and Hyderabadi from mother but he claim to be Pashtun.

You are neither turk nor afghan but a Pakistani :)

All Pashtuns are 'afghaans' but not all 'afghaans' are Pashtuns. 'Afghaan' originally meant a much wider term for people with a shared common ancestry, in the modern world it's been used to identify the borders of a state, and has become linked with a particular language from the area.

Actually he is confused about his ancestry,he is a Kashmiri from father's side and Hyderabadi from mother but he claim to be Pashtun.

I thought his family were from Afghanistan?

All Pashtuns are 'afghaans' but not all 'afghaans' are Pashtuns. 'Afghaan' originally meant a much wider term for people with a shared common ancestry, in the modern world it's been used to identify the borders of a state, and has become linked with a particular language from the area.

I thought his family were from Afghanistan?
Nope,his cousin a Hindo speakers from kashmir,he is not a Pahtun.Only Salman's ancestor were from Afghanistan.Amir khan has also Indian roots from both his mother and father side.

This development continues to make to no sense to me, I have yet to see a credible narrative of a) how the IAF intends to operate "combat Hawks" or b) where they intend to use them/how it fits with their operational doctrine.

a) Who will be fying them? From reports it seems as though some from the existing orders for MK.132 AJTs are going to be converted to "Combat Hawks". Does this mean the IAF intially overstated their requirement for AJTs (seems unlikely given the growing demand to increase pilots)? If not it means that the IAF is going to be diverting Hawks from the trainer role to the "Combat" role or existing training units will have "combat Hawks" for dual role but this begs the question who will fly them in a time of conflict? On a day to day basis Hawk AJTs are being flown by rookies and instructors- both are not offically in the "combat stream". It seems like a very ad hoc effort.

b) I've heard again and again anytime a slow moving armed aircraft is poposed for service by the IAF that they should be used on the Naxals or in Kashmir along the LoC but this is all fanboy stuff- the armed forces have NEVER been used in either domain to provide aerial firepower. And I don't see this doctrine changing anytime soon so what exactly is the role of these "Combat Hawks"? When will they be used?

It all seems like a complete waste of money and time to me.

@PARIKRAMA @Ankit Kumar @anant_s @MilSpec @nair @Koovie @SpArK @sathya @SrNair @Taygibay @AUSTERLITZ @Penguin @Levina maybe you can decipher this mystery.
From 1983 to 1986, some RAF Hawks were equipped as short-range interceptor aircraft. 88 T1s were modified to carry two AIM-9L Sidewinder air-to-air missiles in addition to a 30 mm ADEN cannon gun pod; these aircraft were redesignated as Hawk T1A. In a wartime scenario, they would have worked in collaboration with the RAF's Tornado F3 interceptors, which would use their Foxhunter search radars and more sophisticated navigation systems to vector the Hawks against enemy targets. These Hawks would be flown by instructors.

Last edited:
Nope,his cousin a Hindo speakers from kashmir,he is not a Pahtun.Only Salman's ancestor were from Afghanistan.Amir khan has also Indian roots from both his mother and father side.

Wiki states:

Khan was born on 2 November 1965 in a Muslim family in New Delhi.[2] He spent the first five years of his life in Mangalore, where his maternal grandfather, Ifthikar Ahmed, served as the chief engineer of the port in the 1960s.[6][7][a] According to Khan, his paternal grandfather, Jan Muhammad, an ethnic Pashtun (Pathan), was from Afghanistan.[9][10] Shah Rukh Khan also said in his interviews that he is a Pathan (Pashtun) from Peshawar.[11] Khan's father, Meer Taj Mohammed Khan, was an Indian independence activist in Peshawar, British India (present-day Pakistan). As of 2010, Khan's paternal family was still living in Shah Wali Qataal area of Peshawar's Qissa Khawani Bazaar.[10] Meer was a follower of Khan Abdul Ghaffar Khan,[12] and affiliated with the All Indian National Congress.[10] He moved to New Delhi in 1948 partition of India.[13] Khan's mother, Lateef Fatima, was the daughter of a senior government engineer.[14] His parents were married in 1959.[17] Khan described himself on Twitter as "half Hyderabadi (mother), half Pathan (father), [and] some Kashmiri (grandmother)".[18] His paternal cousins in Peshawar claim that the family is of Hindkowan origin from Kashmir, not Pashtun, and also contradict the claim that his grandfather was from Afghanistan.[10][19]

Number of possibilities:

1. His family are ethnic Kashmiris but he thinks they're Pashtun because they've lived among Pashtuns for so long they they've forgotten their origins

2. His family are Hindko speakers from Peshawar who no longer speak Pashto. That would explain why he calls himself a Pathan while they say they are not Pashtun. That's kind of like Sher Shah Suri and more recently Ayub Khan

Pathan descent is patrilineal so having a Pathan father would make him a Pathan.

In the modern day, everyone claims to be a 'Khan' but in his father's time it was certainly very unusual for anyone apart from people of Pathan origin, or linked to royal families to use the term 'Khan'. It wasn't even used by most Pashto speakers since not every Pashto speaker belongs to a Pashtun tribe.

This development continues to make to no sense to me, I have yet to see a credible narrative of a) how the IAF intends to operate "combat Hawks" or b) where they intend to use them/how it fits with their operational doctrine.

a) Who will be fying them? From reports it seems as though some from the existing orders for MK.132 AJTs are going to be converted to "Combat Hawks". Does this mean the IAF intially overstated their requirement for AJTs (seems unlikely given the growing demand to increase pilots)? If not it means that the IAF is going to be diverting Hawks from the trainer role to the "Combat" role or existing training units will have "combat Hawks" for dual role but this begs the question who will fly them in a time of conflict? On a day to day basis Hawk AJTs are being flown by rookies and instructors- both are not offically in the "combat stream". It seems like a very ad hoc effort.

@PARIKRAMA @Ankit Kumar @anant_s @MilSpec @nair @Koovie @SpArK @sathya @SrNair @Taygibay @AUSTERLITZ @Penguin @Levina maybe you can decipher this mystery.

I thought this was seen as a maintenance solution for supporting the Jaguar and Hawk fleet, and also from its export potential.
IAF is assessing the possibility of equipping the Hawks with the Advanced Precision Kill Weapon System, which turns an unguided 70 mm rocket into a precision laser-guided weapon.
the IAF is examining an offer by BAE Systems and Israel's Elbit to equip the Hawks with virtual training systems of major combat aircraft. BAE officials said these would simulate radar, weapons, and electronic warfare systems of MiG-29s, Mirage-2000Hs, and Su-30MKIs - the platforms to which trainee fighter pilots graduate.

I've heard again and again anytime a slow moving armed aircraft is poposed for service by the IAF that they should be used on the Naxals or in Kashmir along the LoC but this is all fanboy stuff- the armed forces have NEVER been used in either domain to provide aerial firepower. And I don't see this doctrine changing anytime soon so what exactly is the role of these "Combat Hawks"? When will they be used?
Heard they would perform well in narrow valleys too.

b) I've heard again and again anytime a slow moving armed aircraft is poposed for service by the IAF that they should be used on the Naxals or in Kashmir along the LoC but this is all fanboy stuff- the armed forces have NEVER been used in either domain to provide aerial firepower. And I don't see this doctrine changing anytime soon so what exactly is the role of these "Combat Hawks"? When will they be used?

To my understanding these will not be strike element in any strike package. The two main roles for
1> Light CAS fighters is to support ground offensive with extended loiter times,
2>And as a secondary strike platforms in case of Hail Mary situation. It's never going to be a platform that will make the enemy shiver in it's boots, but it can take on ground support in case of partial Air Superiority, freeing up Multi role platforms tasked with CAS / Forward Air Support roles (LCA, Rafale, Mirage2K, etc) into Air Superiority and Air Interdiction mission.

other minor roles where an armed Light fighter comes in handy is recon, maritime security, Ground attack training, and also think of other contingencies, which does not involve traditional theater of warfare.

As fae as insurgency is concerned, India will never bring in Combat A/C's into the domestic issues, backlash would be major. At most you might see some Military Heli's providing SAR missions, shooting a round or two for it's protection.

Next the armed AJT's wont loose it's training capability, so they will indeed be dual purpose machines, where primary role is to be a AJT and Secondary role is a LCAS.

Actually its only Aaamir Khan , who is a descendant of Pashtuns. His native place, QaimGanj, was given to Rashid Khan Ansari (grandson of Pir-Roshan), as jagir in 1607 by Jehangir, with Mau Rashidabad as its center. Rashid Khan Ansari, settled his jagir with Pashtuns of Karlanri tribes (of present day FATA), as these people were his followers. Famous Pashto poet, Mirza Khan Ansari is also buried in QaimGanj. From this same colony of Pashtuns, a Bangash, Muhammad Khan, made progress and founded Farrukhabad state in 18th century. Afridis were the largest in numbers in the colony of Mau /Shamsabad /Qaim Ganj.......ancestors of Aamir Khan and Dr-Zakir Hussain (ex-president of India), were Afridi Pashtuns of QaimGanj.

Shahrukh has hindkowan roots. While Salman Khan's family can not properly trace their lineage, to be precise they are not "Khandani"......just claimants. This is case with all the "Pathans" of indore, most of them are descendants of notorious pindaris who were attached to Maratha rulers of Indore. They cant tell their tribal origins and history. It can not be a coincidence that Salman Khan depicted himself as a Pindari in film "Veer".

Its easy to trace the origin of 'Nawab' Saif Ali Khan. His family of Pataudi , as well as rulers of Dujjana and Jhajjar princely states, are descendants of Barech Pashtuns......who were originally from Shorawak district of Kandahar and arrived in India by accompanying Yousafzais to Rohilkhand.....they established their very small pataudi state in early 19th century , though they falsely claim that their ancestors were in possession of these lands since 15th century and that their ancestors were nobles of Lodi Sultans.

That being said, among them i have seen only seen Shahrukh Khan, eager and proud to claim Pathan title...its because, compared to others, his father was actually from Peshawar city and could speak Pashto beside Hindko...while the others are just distant descendants of Pashtuns who settled in India few centuries ago and dont relate to Pakhtuns or Pakhtunkhwa

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom