What's new

Colt Ar-15 snow test

AK is legendary for its reliability. I had the opportunity to shoot two different AKs recently. I shot a Romanian AK and an AK based Sig, both were highly accurate at 200 yards with just simple $30 red dot sights.

I didn't ask my buddy to put his AKs through mud, I didn't think he would take it kindly if I asked him to !!!

However, I do think the AR is bit more accurate than the AK.

Ak-47's are reliable no doubt and that is mostly due to it's rugged simple mechanisms and design (for example a larger chamber that can accommodate debris) but it certainly isn't flawless or free from failures like others want to suggest. As for AR it is certainly more accurate which has been proven in countless firing tests and experiments, the firing mechanisms of the AR-15 cause less recoil and muzzle climb than the AK-47 and allow for better control which improves accuracy, this is pretty much an accepted fact.

Ak-47's are reliable no doubt and that is mostly due to it's rugged simple mechanisms and design (for example a larger chamber that can accommodate debris) but it certainly isn't flawless or free from failures like others want to suggest. As for AR it is certainly more accurate which has been proven in countless firing tests and experiments, the firing mechanisms of the AR-15 cause less recoil and muzzle climb than the AK-47 and allow for better control which improves accuracy, this is pretty much an accepted fact.

Agreed.

AK shooting 7.62 has more recoil than the NATO 5.56. Many argues that it depends on the rifle rather than the caliber. The 7.62 loses considerable energy and trajectory after about 300 yards, where the AR chambered in Nato 5.56 is pretty solid upto about 450 yards.

Last edited:
The Ar 15/M4 is the gun I have wet dreams about, its truly a gun that turns me horny for some reason....maybe its my raging hormones....o_O

The Ar 15/M4 is the gun I have wet dreams about, its truly a gun that turns me horny for some reason....maybe its my raging hormones....o_O

ma-nigga-thumb.jpg

Also AK-47 has bad accuracy at 200 yards and more its simplistic design doesn't absorb the recoil well so the kick back is excessive which makes it unfavorable for multiple target acquisition and firing. AK-47 has durability problems as well if you think they work without flaw then you're just an ignorant fanboy...
How many rounds have you fired on an AK47, and on an AR?

Last edited:
That's a completely unrealistic test how often is a soldiers firearm going to be frozen in ice for hours? Only a dead soldier.
Not necessarily, Ability to cache weapons, store weapons in vehicles, Weapons resting in check posts, Even if the soldier is not on ice, there certainly is possibility of weapon being in ice.

Also he isn't right at all as I have proven the Daniel Defense torture test far exceeds any durability of the AK-47. The Ar-15 was shot was shotgun, dropped from a helicopter, had been buried in dirt and debris for hours, ran over with a truck, thrown in a lake, etc
this is interesting, you want to compare Denel defense AR 15 with a generic AK47....
If you do want to compare accuracy and reliability Denel defense AR 15 > compare it to Krebs Custom SGL 21 or Rifle Dynamics AK47...

Had you done that to an AK-47 its woodwork would have broken by then. Also the AK-47 design allows for external debris to get inside the chamber, the Ar-15 has a debris cover to prevent that.
And by the way the tests you described, a generic AK will pass all of those, and if you do chose to use a 80's wooden AK, even if the buttstock breaks it, will still work..... I dare most AR owner to pour sand in the receiver and shoot. 98 out of 100 will jam!
Look at every war that has been fought using an AK-47 against the M-15/M4/Ar-15 has lended no measure able advantage in reliability. The Taliban use, Somalia pirates use it, poor countries use it, insurgent groups use it, it really is a low tech simple weapon designed for a conscript not a professional soldier who requires a versatile, reliable, and truly tactical weapon.

It is a common myth the AK-47 is more reliable than the Ar-15/M4. True reliability means the capability to accurately hit your target at combat ranges, the AK-47 is not as accurately it's shot grouping is terrible and that's with or without mud.

Wow! reliability is all but the ability to fire a round with every intentional squeeze of trigger? Every arena AK47 enter it brings higher terminal ballistics with it at 0-300 yards, where it shines....indeed ar15 based platforms perform more accurately, but round has inherent shortcomings too...Along with that AK 47, typr 56, Ak74su, ak74p, bring huge advantage at urban warfare. AK47 brings even bigger advantage when it comes to training, AK47 is more user friendly, low maintenance and an exceptionally reliable weapon system.....

Last edited:

I still remember my first night with M&P 15. O what a night !!!

How many rounds have you fired on an AK47, and on an AR?

About 2,600-2,800 on an Ak-47 7.62 rounds by various manufacturers and on the Ar-15 more than that. I've experienced with both platforms using various types of ammo.

Not necessarily, Ability to cache weapons, store weapons in vehicles, Weapons resting in check posts, Even if the soldier is not on ice, there certainly is possibility of weapon being in ice.

this is interesting, you want to compare Denel defense AR 15 with a generic AK47....
If you do want to compare accuracy and reliability Denel defense AR 15 > compare it to Krebs Custom SGL 21 or Rifle Dynamics AK47...

And by the way the tests you described, a generic AK will pass all of those, and if you do chose to use a 80's wooden AK, even if the buttstock breaks it, will still work..... I dare most AR owner to pour sand in the receiver and shoot. 98 out of 100 will jam!

Wow! reliability is all but the ability to fire a round with every intentional squeeze of trigger? Every arena AK47 enter it brings higher terminal ballistics with it at 0-300 yards, where it shines....indeed ar15 based platforms perform more accurately, but round has inherent shortcomings too...Along with that AK 47, typr 56, Ak74su, ak74p, bring huge advantage at urban warfare. AK47 brings even bigger advantage when it comes to training, AK47 is more user friendly, low maintenance and an exceptionally reliable weapon system.....

Obviously most Ar-15 don't accommodate sand as well as Ak-47 due to difference chamber capacity. However, you said ask most Ar-15 users to pour sand and 98/100 rounds won't fire, first most Ar-15 owners aren't using the Daniel defense Ar-15 or Ar-15 variants like the HK 416 both which have passed torture tests with flying colors.

"And by the way the tests you described, a generic AK will pass all of those,"

Did I say it would'nt? I was responding to a fool who was calling the Ar-15 "cheap American crap" and dismissed the Ar-15 as an unreliable weapon which it is not and platforms such as the Daniel Defense and HK and Colt and top manufacturers make very reliable Ar-15 based weapon systems.

Wow! reliability is all but the ability to fire a round with every intentional squeeze of trigger?

Think of it this say it doesn't matter how many rounds you fire in a gun fight all that matters is hits, and the weapon with more accuracy is more likely to achieve that at any random given firing distance. That in essence is true reliability.

So what if the Ak-47 user is able to fire every time he pulls the trigger (which is bs) all it takes is one round to land and hit (to gain advantage or win) and the system more likely to achieve that is the Ar-15. It's really not about how many rounds you can fire off but how many rounds it takes you to hit that is winning the fight. That in my definition is true reliability.

I don't know why you find so much comfort in being able to fire off so many inaccurate rounds? High accuracy isn't the Ak-47s highlight, and the problem becomes even worse if it's multiple targets. Though I suppose you could add a muzzle brake to reduce muzzle climb making target acquisition faster and easier but there are trade offs.

I don't understand why you find so much comfort in firing many inaccurate rounds, one accurate round is better than many inaccurate rounds.

Last edited:
:rofl:, I wonder what my mom would say when I tell her that her bahu is going to be an assault rifle, that too a ''Gori'' assault rifle..........:woot:

You'd have to dodge chittars matrix style. i once jokingly said mom im gonna marry a gori, shit got real son. Boys in our family dont have a choice but arranged marriage :(

But look up SR-25 Carbine, instant BONER!

vimyqv.jpg

ares_sr-25_carbine_02.jpg

recceh.jpg

recceh2.jpg

You'd have to dodge chittars matrix style. i once jokingly said mom im gonna marry a gori, shit got real son. Boys in our family dont have a choice but arranged marriage :(

vimyqv.jpg

recceh.jpg

recceh2.jpg

HAHAHAHA, mate this gun is also sleek and I wouldnt mind being with it either but I am more of an old valued guy, the AR 15/M4 will always have a place in my heart....8-)

If you want to talk about ballistics there is a manufactured upper receiver for Ar-15 that's chambered for the .50 beowulf and that's going to be far more fierce and and lethal in regards to ballistics then the 7.62 at 200 yards and lower.

vimyqv.jpg

recceh.jpg

recceh2.jpg

No surprise designed by the same man who designed the Ar-10 and Ar-15.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom