What's new

Colt Ar-15 snow test

Now an armchair general like you is going to tell us what is realistic and what is not. Ask any soldier on siachen, freezing does not happen in freezer, it happens through cold air around you in extreme climates with temp as low as minus 30~50.

Check out this realtorture test,not by fan boy tests. and listen carefully between the first 5 minutes and comeback here to tell us what weapon american soldi ers prefered in vietnamwar?

Learn torespect knowledgable people,and you may learn a thing or two, if not then you don't harm anyone but yourself.

Those videos prove nothing you find one Russian Tv report which is heavily biased for patriotic reasons. You obviously need news reports and videos to make your argument for you because you lack the knowledge of firearms. I have more knowledge on firearms then you, years of knowledge that you simply don't have. I've also met many combat veterans both young and old who have served in places like Vietnam, Iraq, Korea, and Afghanistan and I am probably better aware then some Internet general who uses youtube videos as his primary source for firearms.

Everything I have stated is factual. Also the Daniel defense Ar-15 didn't even exist in the 1960's so using footage from the Vietnam war is incredibly stupid when the M-16 was still new to many soldiers and they were not properly trained in its maintenance.

Now since you want to claim how reliable and durable the Ak-47 is just read actual battles where the M-16 vs AK-47 were used, M-16 as a weapon alone won by every parameter a firearm is measured by.

AK-47 major malfunctions.

As far as freezing air goes, AK-47 can jam in freezing conditions as well in fact every gun can. Also the M4/M-16 have been used in the Afghan war and in winter months it has done fine in freezing mountainous conditions and snow so you really should not be talking out of your hole.

Also experiences from both the Canadian and Norwegian army countries that experience brutal and cold winters both have tested the Ar-15 and M4 in freezing air conditions and arctic conditions.

Ar-15 tested in sub-zero Celsius temperatures left in cold air for two days...

Last edited:
Canadian Army using the C-7 (Ar-15/M4 variant) made by Colt Canada, in winter training exercise. If this weapon were not reliable in freezing temperatures the Canadian army would not use it.

US Marines Mountain Warfare training with M-16 in snow. Elevation 6800-11,500 ft above sea level at Pickel Meadow, California Mountain training center.

At 2:09 and 2:15 you can clearly see the barrels and upper receiver were submerged in the snow which is very realistic condition of fighting in the snow.

Now you can keep believing in this myth of the AK-47 is so reliable and requires very little maintenance which is just a Russian marketing campaign for the weapon.

Last edited:
Thorough Pro, post: 5166974, member: 10842"]Now an armchair general like you is going to tell us what is realistic and what is not. Ask any soldier on siachen, freezing does not happen in freezer, it happens through cold air around you in extreme climates with temp as low as minus 30~50.

Check out this realtorture test,not by fan boy tests. and listen carefully between the first 5 minutes and comeback here to tell us what weapon american soldi ers prefered in vietnamwar?

Learn torespect knowledgable people,and you may learn a thing or two, if not then you don't harm anyone but yourself.

Very well said TP. watching videos playing video games and lack of knowledge does not translate to seeing and reading fake tests. stats can be fudged especially US their own marketing to local wannabe militias internally. kudos to R4/R5/Galil. Galil knew AK had its merits and chose to re-engineer it with 5.56mm catridge. we used this particular make for years and kudos to Mikhail for a superb design that has continued to evolve further with other teams taking notes.

Education, respect and open mind takes you a long way and digging yourself into a hole only brings you one step closer into a grave. This is a classic case of lack of education my friend. no manners and uncalled for language. just shows people like him just like to jump and yank insults but ask him to strip and fix a weapon in seconds in battlefield conditions, he will probably piss at the sign of first mortar hitting the ground near him or have rounds go near his head.

sorry my last post.. i was offended by this fellow who started insults left right and centre. Surely he has had a bad up bringing. Not normal for sure.

Very well said TP. watching videos playing video games and lack of knowledge does not translate to seeing and reading fake tests. stats can be fudged especially US their own marketing to local wannabe militias internally. kudos to R4/R5/Galil. Galil knew AK had its merits and chose to re-engineer it with 5.56mm catridge. we used this particular make for years and kudos to Mikhail for a superb design that has continued to evolve further with other teams taking notes.

Education, respect and open mind takes you a long way and digging yourself into a hole only brings you one step closer into a grave. This is a classic case of lack of education my friend. no manners and uncalled for language. just shows people like him just like to jump and yank insults but ask him to strip and fix a weapon in seconds in battlefield conditions, he will probably piss at the sign of first mortar hitting the ground near him or have rounds go near his head.

sorry my last post.. i was offended by this fellow who started insults left right and centre. Surely he has had a bad up bringing. Not normal for sure.

Let's see you have what an African education on firearms? I own firearms, train, and practice with them for years. It's you whose ignorant and still believes in the Russian myth that AK requires little maintenance. In fact, I don't think you've ever even fired a gun before, nothing you have said is convincing, what front line operation experience have you had, being a child soldier?

You haven't made a single point of how the AK is more reliable than the AR or why the AR isn't reliable.

just shows people like him just like to jump and yank insults but ask him to strip and fix a weapon in seconds in battlefield conditions, he will probably piss at the sign of first mortar hitting the ground near him or have rounds go near his head.

I think you really have proven yourself to be an internet warrior, you don't know me at all, and I'm sure you wouldn't say this in front of me.

This is a classic case of lack of education my friend.

You have a primitive third world African education with a poor skill of English. You still are a sensitive idiot... AK is a simple low tech weapon, terrible accuracy, high muzzle climb, not versatile, glorified in video games and hollywood movies (where you get your information from), and it's something poor countries use often because they can't afford superior weapons made from superior materials and metals...You really are a sensitive cry baby, don't like me calling you an idiot then stop acting like one.

Stick around, most Pakistanis are generally decent people but we also have a fair share of authentic idiots, the likes of which you just experienced. I sincerely apologize to you for all that trash talking by a fellow citizen.

Some people never learn, you just proved you are an undenaibly authentic idiot of highest order. Don't know how on earth you bacame a think tank on this forum.

LOL at the bolded part....seriously how old are you kid?

Let's see you have what an African education on firearms? I own firearms, train, and practice with them for years. It's you whose ignorant and still believes in the Russian myth that AK requires little maintenance. In fact, I don't think you've ever even fired a gun before, nothing you have said is convincing, what front line operation experience have you had, being a child soldier?

You haven't made a single point of how the AK is more reliable than the AR or why the AR isn't reliable.

I think you really have proven yourself to be an internet warrior, you don't know me at all, and I'm sure you wouldn't say this in front of me.

You have a primitive third world African education with a poor skill of English. You still are a sensitive idiot... AK is a simple low tech weapon, terrible accuracy, high muzzle climb, not versatile, glorified in video games and hollywood movies (where you get your information from), and it's something poor countries use often because they can't afford superior weapons made from superior materials and metals...You really are a sensitive cry baby, don't like me calling you an idiot then stop acting like one.

Last edited:
This escalated quick. Cant call someone an idiot just because they have a different opinion. Both the rifles have been in service for a very long time and excel in two different battle field scenarios.

Stick around, most Pakistanis are generally decent people but we also have a fair share of authentic idiots, the likes of which you just experienced. I sincerely apologize to you for all that trash talking by a fellow citizen.

Some people never learn, you just proved you are an undenaibly authentic idiot of highest order. Don't know how on earth you bacame a think tank on this forum.

LOL at the bolded part....seriously how old are you kid?

Thorough Idiot,

You can keep kissing up to everyone no one is going to respect you, and please stop pretending like you know anything about firearms you just spit out the same generic rambling about the Ak-47 that every fanboy does. You post a video saying US troops often abandoned their M-16 for Kalashinkov in Vietnam, you obviously don't know that was because the M-16 was a newly issued weapons and soldiers did not know how to maintain the weapon, they were told they did not need to clean their weapon-which wasn't true. Now look at the difference the M-16 is used in 100+ degree temperatures, dusty and sandy conditions and even sand storms in Iraq, and used in freezing climates and high altitude in Afghanistan. Why aren't US soldiers picking up Taliban Ak-47s if their M-16 isn't good enough or reliable enough? If US troops went back to Vietnam you think they would still pick up Ak-47's?

Also that RT report shows a basic lab setting "torture test" you moron that isn't real torture because they simply changed temperatures and added sand, but physical blunt trauma wasn't exerted on the gun.

Just look at this real torture test. The Ar-15 is frozen in a ice box, submerged in mud, shot with a shotgun round, smashed up and all physical blunt trauma and is still on point with it's firing, the AK-47 by then wouldn't even be able to come in a foot's reach of it's target under those conditions--it may still fire.

From now on I will call you thorough idiot as you have proven to be very thorough in that.

The Ak-47 has such bad accuracy and muzzle climb it becomes an anti-aircraft gun in full-auto...

Where are the moderators here. This fellow is dropping down to insults at racial level.

You continue to insult me and now call racist slurs. I am proud to be african. I speak 6 seperate languages and even though english is not my first language, i dont need this particular language or have complex about it. If I recall, literally all you fellows have a complex with this language and you are so ashamed with your national language that you has bastardised your Urdu with english.

fellow, really, if we were that backwards, why are thousands and thousands of your country men coming to my country as illegals every year; i just have to drive out in my town and see around 20+ just trying sell cigarettes. Check your OECD stats. If we were so primitive, then why is your airforce incorporating our stuff into your side, and may be i need to take it once further, your claims about US being great, when they got their asses kicked with IEDs, they took our engineers and bought thousands of mine resistant vehicles from us and now have cloned versions via Oshkosh.

Seriously you have been molested and abused at a childhood level that you have such a filthy outlook to others except your own self and ego. Get help from a professional psychologist. I can do the same but i am not raised in a shit environment like your home. you truly are a coolie and will remain one; practise with a language skill wont change who you are.

You are a disgrace to your countrymen and women.

Arrest my case, owning etc.... go and join and being in the field counts first. come back and then talk; owning them means nothing. battlefield experience is what counts. education my friend... really... tell me what regiment, company have you served with? what front line experience have you had except for range practise and how long. like i said, your experience of shoot them up is kids stuff. i worked in this industry and hence have ample of education on it from materials science to engineering. get a BSc first then come and talk to me at PhD level.

Last edited:
Put it thru mud, take it thru rivers, bury it for weeks in pits. It stand no chance. American crap which needs too much maintenance.
AK wins hands down just like R-4/5 and Galil which is based off AK.
I agree. We have been trying to put lipstick on that pig for 50+ years. :hitwall:

Where are the moderators here. This fellow is dropping down to insults at racial level.

You continue to insult me and now call racist slurs. I am proud to be african. I speak 6 seperate languages and even though english is not my first language, i dont need this particular language or have complex about it. If I recall, literally all you fellows have a complex with this language and you are so ashamed with your national language that you has bastardised your Urdu with english.

fellow, really, if we were that backwards, why are thousands and thousands of your country men coming to my country as illegals every year; i just have to drive out in my town and see around 20+ just trying sell cigarettes. Check your OECD stats. If we were so primitive, then why is your airforce incorporating our stuff into your side, and may be i need to take it once further, your claims about US being great, when they got their asses kicked with IEDs, they took our engineers and bought thousands of mine resistant vehicles from us and now have cloned versions via Oshkosh.

Seriously you have been molested and abused at a childhood level that you have such a filthy outlook to others except your own self and ego. Get help from a professional psychologist. I can do the same but i am not raised in a shit environment like your home. you truly are a coolie and will remain one; practise with a language skill wont change who you are.

Arrest my case, owning etc.... go and join and being in the field counts first. come back and then talk; owning them means nothing. battlefield experience is what counts. education my friend... really... tell me what regiment, company have you served with? what front line experience have you had except for range practise and how long. like i said, your experience of shoot them up is kids stuff. i worked in this industry and hence have ample of education on it from materials science to engineering. get a BSc first then come and talk to me at PhD level.

A South African BSc or Ph.D isn't even accepted at US Universities or most western ones because it isn't of the same high standard.

Yeah I'm a disgrace because I put you in your place about firearms, calling the Ar-15 "American crap", "American crap" has won every war America has fought in, the Ar-15 is extremely battle tested weapon I don't need to go battle test it myself to prove that.

What military experience do you have? Where you in Kony's child army? Then you claim you "worked in the industry" what you manufactured a few gun parts? And please don't talk to me about materials science, I have a educational background in Biology and Chemistry and lab experience in both fields. I have worked with different materials and metals and chemicals and have done testing on various chemical agents.

Do me a favor and shut up, your whole argument is AK-47 is the best, AR-15 is "American crap it requires too much maintenance" all it requires is simple clean up from time to time but as the Daniel Defense Ar-15 is Mil-Spec + which is more durable and reliable than most Ak-47's out there. As I told you the chamber of the AK-47 is big and dirt, dust, and debris get inside it and can interfere with the bolt and can cause a stove pipe jam.

Here is a typical problem with the Ak-47, the stovepipe jam.

5705520.png

llplplpl002-1.jpg

yugo%2BAK-47%2Bm70akuf.jpg

AK-47 doesn't even have Forward Assist so if the chamber doesn't close on it's own and it's mechanically stuck you are screwed...

Last edited:
A South African BSc or Ph.D isn't even accepted at US Universities or most western ones because it isn't of the same high standard.
really... unlike plagurised **** fake documents, it is so. frankly speaking, dont care... we are not slaves like u to american turds .. people like u measure their shit in gold. we are not running to US like you and kiss their *** at everything. for your information, 97% of US issued degrees are not worth the paper they are written on. Go to their exam center and you have your books open to refer to... you want to now measure educational standards do you. Man, unlike your country where exam papers bought and sold.

man, you are one sick puppy ... no words to describe but just a pathetic loser to life.. probably one of those deprived individual who is happy with an ar-15. wont be surprised if you pull it to your head.

"Biology and Chemistry and lab experience in both fields. I have worked with different materials and metals and chemicals and have done testing on various chemical agents."
Amazing... metal, material science, mechanically are totally different fields to your education.... wow.... this truly qualifies you for dick all.

good bye..... enough of **** shit for lifetime. shows the level of intelligence i see in the streets in the illegal country men from your place is not random it is pretty common after seeing your behaviour. go and jerk off to your satisfaction with your ar-15. hey if that makes you feel like a man then put it between your legs and say you are man. pull .

really... unlike plagurised **** fake documents, it is so. frankly speaking, dont care... we are not slaves like u to american turds .. people like u measure their shit in gold. we are not running to US like you and kiss their *** at everything. for your information, 97% of US issued degrees are not worth the paper they are written on. Go to their exam center and you have your books open to refer to... you want to now measure educational standards do you. Man, unlike your country where exam papers bought and sold.

man, you are one sick puppy ... no words to describe but just a pathetic loser to life.. probably one of those deprived individual who is happy with an ar-15. wont be surprised if you pull it to your head.

Amazing... metal, material science, mechanically are totally different fields to your education.... wow.... this truly qualifies you for dick all.

good bye..... enough of **** shit for lifetime. shows the level of intelligence i see in the streets in the illegal country men from your place is not random it is pretty common after seeing your behaviour. go and jerk off to your satisfaction with your ar-15. hey if that makes you feel like a man then put it between your legs and say you are man. pull .

Your whole country is uncivilized, now you are mad because I've been exposing all the myths you believe about the Ak-47. You keep talking about intelligence and your industrial experience, front line military experience, and claiming you have a Ph.D. You are nothing but a South African fraud... As far as Pakistan goes, Pakistan could bomb to hell your AIDs ridden African country.

South Africa's rape problem: why the crime remains under-reported | Global development | theguardian.com

You are probably one of these traumatized children, also I suggest you stop serving in Kony's army.

AK is legendary for its reliability. I had the opportunity to shoot two different AKs recently. I shot a Romanian AK and an AK based Sig, both were highly accurate at 200 yards with just simple $30 red dot sights.

I didn't ask my buddy to put his AKs through mud, I didn't think he would take it kindly if I asked him to !!!

However, I do think the AR is bit more accurate than the AK.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom