What's new

cold sweat at the NSA

Good catch, are you in the security industry?
No. I am a software engineer and basic application and device security is part of my day to day job. I have also worked on firmware and BSP development in my past life.

Also btw, compromise of quantum cryptography has been demonstrated more than a decade ago
Actually, a LOT of time, many very complex and exotic systems have been defeated by small vulnerabilities. Look at how attackers defeated Microsoft XBox 360's security to run linux on it. That system had encrypted buses, anti-fuse technology which prevented downgrading of firmware and what not. None of those mattered because attack came from a very different place. C3 : Computer Chaos Club annual conference has some really great talks about device security.

https://media.ccc.de/v/24c3-2279-en-deconstructing_xbox_360_security

Having exotic technologies seldom makes your system secure. It is as secure as its weakest part.

Now, lets circle back again to the same point. In past paragraph and a quarter, you have written a lot about me with whatever adjectives you felt right. And then you say "I do not want to give you importance".
Do you forget that i responded to joe and not you earlier? But you couldn't help yourself responding to me? You conveniently forget the context to make your point. If I chose to respond to joe, and not you that should answer your confusion about what I meant by importance.

My problem with you is not the topic. It should have been clear from my first post. It's your behaviour. And since you have been responding to me the same my first post stands corrected. Scummy attitude. Cheap mentality. You fall into an archetype. One that I hate.

Why is there such a swarm bash on the person ?
How many people on this thread do you think understand quantum cryptography

coping mechanism is to target the individual for their limited intellect
No. I am a software engineer and basic application and device security is part of my day to day job. I have also worked on firmware and BSP development in my past life.

Actually, a LOT of time, many very complex and exotic systems have been defeated by small vulnerabilities. Look at how attackers defeated Microsoft XBox 360's security to run linux on it. That system had encrypted buses, anti-fuse technology which prevented downgrading of firmware and what not. None of those mattered because attack came from a very different place. C3 : Computer Chaos Club annual conference has some really great talks about device security.

https://media.ccc.de/v/24c3-2279-en-deconstructing_xbox_360_security

Having exotic technologies seldom makes your system secure. It is as secure as its weakest part.
Not many people understand the context of attack surface

Do you forget that i responded to joe and not you earlier?

This post is very much a response to me. It quotes my post.
But you couldn't help yourself responding to me?
When you call a person scum, I guess it deserves a response.

You conveniently forget the context to make your point.
I did not. When you answered me, you very much started a conversation with me. When you made a backhanded comment on me, you very much made a case for me to respond.

If I chose to respond to joe, and not you that should answer your confusion about what I meant by importance.
But did it end over there? Or did you not post this one ?

My problem with you is not the topic.
Well, then two things.

1. That problem deserves a topic of its own.
2. It contradicts your earlier assertion that "I do not want to give you any importance that you do not deserve".

I guess, make up your mind.

Lol! True. It will certainly help catch some of the dumb criminals.

Back
Top Bottom