What's new

Cold Start Doctrine, explained in a video.

not exactly sure of the exact tactics, but it sounds like a good plan until we see that Islamabad and New Dehli are both on the other side of the offensive. If Pakistan simply give up those areas, and charge straight to new Dehli with no hesitation, then that might be bad.

Maybe India has more troops and can thus cover the area, while still maintaining a meaningful push.

But now there is another problem, Chinese Pakistani road is going to be there, almost like a line that says stop here. Damaging Chinese roads may give excuse for China to get involved, two fronts at the same time for India is impossible at this moment.

There are of course ways around it like amphibious lands, paratroopers, and more, but it looks like a new tactic is needed.

not exactly sure of the exact tactics, but it sounds like a good plan until we see that Islamabad and New Dehli are both on the other side of the offensive. If Pakistan simply give up those areas, and charge straight to new Dehli with no hesitation, then that might be bad.

Maybe India has more troops and can thus cover the area, while still maintaining a meaningful push.

But now there is another problem, Chinese Pakistani road is going to be there, almost like a line that says stop here. Damaging Chinese roads may give excuse for China to get involved, two fronts at the same time for India is impossible at this moment.

There are of course ways around it like amphibious lands, paratroopers, and more, but it looks like a new tactic is needed.
Even damaging Chinese roads won't get China involved in my opinion.
China is looking to be a strong economic power so I don't see why it would throw itself all out in the Indo-Pak mess.
plus China has some 100billion trade with India , is it willing to sacrifice that?

Now you understand why they are in Pain over Kashghar Gwadar Corridor :D

Even damaging Chinese roads won't get China involved in my opinion.
China is looking to be a strong economic power so I don't see why it would throw itself all out in the Indo-Pak mess.
plus China has some 100billion trade with India , is it willing to sacrifice that?

100 billion? I don't think it's there yet, but even then it's not a big deal.

China and India has disputes, this might solve it.

But above all China needs a signature victory to declare to the world, China has arrived on the world stage. India would seem perfect for that just strong enough for us to be recognized but not strong enough to pose much of challenge. The numbers and tech doesn't favor India.

Having said that a war between Pak and India seems unlikely at this point, especially with the economic situation both are in. But if it does happen, watch out.

LOL! There's no such doctrine called 'Cold Start'!! It was just an idea propagated by a brigadier in a magazine, "Combat Journal', and discussed by army think tanks. That's it. It was never converted into a doctrine for the army.

The Indian Army chief himself said: "There is nothing called 'Cold Start'. As part of our overall strategy we have a number of contingencies and options, depending on what the aggressor does. In the recent years, we have been improving our systems with respect to mobilization, but our basic military posture is defensive."

In January 2011, while speaking to the media in the run-up to Army Day, then Army chief General V K Singh while describing the widely speculated Indian war doctrine said, "There is nothing like Cold Start. But we have a 'proactive strategy' which takes steps in a proactive manner."

Former Indian defence minister Jaswant Singh has denied the existence of the doctrine, stating, "There is no Cold Start doctrine. No such thing. It was an off-the-cuff remark from a former chief of staff. I have been defense minister of the country. I should know."

Period! Nothing to see here....Move on.

Under no circumstances will China ever intervene directly in an Indo-Pak war, much less for a highway.
Generally Pakistani's tend to keep peddling these among numerous other fantasy flights to feel more secure.

Genesis, please take a look at what your own journals and think tanks have said and the history of Chinese actions.
Then look at the topography, whether even if China intervenes directly, would it have an impact in the time period that is required to make India go from offense to defence.

Now ask the question again and you will get your own answer.

Sometime I think why would Pakistan need someone else support against a country like India.

Though A small war under 1965 style should be started with India after 2-3years.It will reunite Pakistan from taliban to terrorists in karachi and every single Pakistani,Other than this we should try to recapture Not only kashmir but Indian Occupied Punjab.

It is also widely believed that the next war will be between the common Pakistanis and Trained Indian army.

Sometime I think why would Pakistan need someone else support against a country like India.

Though A small war under 1965 style should be started with India after 2-3years.It will reunite Pakistan from taliban to terrorists in karachi and every single Pakistani,Other than this we should try to recapture Not only kashmir but Indian Occupied Punjab.

It is also widely believed that the next war will be between the common Pakistanis and Trained Indian army.
But what if after Pakistan starts the war India captures your part of Kashmir and Punjab because it is not possible for Pakistani military to capture Indian territory seeing the balance of power between India and Pakistan and from where you will get the money to support a war with India.
And what about the after effects of war?? Can you sustain sanctions from world??

Last edited:
Under no circumstances will China ever intervene directly in an Indo-Pak war, much less for a highway.
Generally Pakistani's tend to keep peddling these among numerous other fantasy flights to feel more secure.

Genesis, please take a look at what your own journals and think tanks have said and the history of Chinese actions.
Then look at the topography, whether even if China intervenes directly, would it have an impact in the time period that is required to make India go from offense to defence.

Now ask the question again and you will get your own answer.
'Not for the highway, for victory, for glory, for the undisputed leadership position, it's not personal, personally I like Indians a lot more than Americans. I have a lot Indian friends in IT field and from college, but again it's not personal, just business.

Think tanks are right, history is a good indicator, but things can change in an instant, the situation maybe vastly different from the think tank scenario, if Indian projectile hits a village or children, then it could even be a peace mission. We both know it isn't but that's not the point.If Indians fired the first shot, if Chinese nationals are killed, a lot of things can affect how things will turn out.

History is accurate if we were the same, we were weak then and needed to fool the US and Europe into pretty much signing treaties that would rob them. Today we are close to finishing up robbing of western world, and can compete on equal footings, the bandit has become the respected industrialist. Though the respected thing needs a victory, and hence this.

China responded to an earthquake recently, in 18 minutes an entire army mobilized, in 2 hours detailed satellite images and reports were on the desks of the commanding generals. In 4 hours armies are already in the affected areas, with field hospitals setup-ed.

You will find Chinese responds will come no later than with 24 hours, on the border is the fast reaction army and with the government structure we can easily stop all transportation of civilian nature and start transporting troops.

India China is right next to each other, it's not a power projection deal.

But if what I'm hoping will happen, a war with India will be completely unnecessary and a border agreement will be reached.

This is a military forum, just speculating for fun. After all, it's not personal, we still have to shake hands and be the best of buds when the conflict is over.

But if what I'm hoping will happen, a war with India will be completely unnecessary and a border agreement will be reached.

This is a military forum, just speculating for fun. After all, it's not personal, we still have to shake hands and be the best of buds when the conflict is over.
The thing is while India and China conduct cost benefit exercises before undertaking actions.
Pakistani's dont understand these things.

All it takes to fool Pakistani's are words - 'Saudi will intervene, China will intervene'. They tend to take these things seriously..and never learn from history.

In any case, the topography of Indo Chinese border precludes mass engagement. Its a border skirmish, and it would be ugly causing more damage to China's reputation than benefit. The same reason why China has never intervened till now.

But above all China needs a signature victory to declare to the world, China has arrived on the world stage. India would seem perfect for that just strong enough for us to be recognized but not strong enough to pose much of challenge. The numbers and tech doesn't favor India.

'Not for the highway, for victory, for glory, for the undisputed leadership position,

No wonder why we consider both these countries as enemies - going by the reasons both of you cite to start a war with India, or all the wars that China and Pakistan has started with India - I don't see anything wrong in seeing India building up its weapons or aligning with whoever is against both of these rogue extremist supporting states.

No wonder why we consider both these countries as enemies - going by the reasons both of you cite to start a war with India, or all the wars that China and Pakistan has started with India - I don't see anything wrong in seeing India building up its weapons or aligning with whoever is against both of these rogue extremist supporting states.

Rogue extremist? I guess you do't follow politics much do you.

Russia had hundreds of years of international victory with the greatest being WW2, and today it is trying to reclaim the title of super power.

US had the Spanish American war and WW2 as well. They won the cold war and begin to contain with violence and sanctions whoever don't obey them. Saddam was trying to change status quo, so is Iran, African nations got destroyed, not for HR abuse, there's plenty of that in American sponsored states, but because they are not protectorates of the US.

Today US is shipping troops to East and South Asia to combat China on our rebirth.

US has bases everywhere and wants a few in India has one in Deigo Garcia. Russia has a few in other countries and wants more.

This is the game of great powers, if you can't stomach it close your eyes.

Back
Top Bottom