What's new

Coca Cola will invest $5 billion in India

Status
Not open for further replies.
im not interested in coke much, but coke has an unusually storng fanbase in the whole world- you say one word against coke on the internet and you better get an underground bunker

I means if Coke invest $5 billion in Pakistan....you will not like that

im not interested in coke much, but coke has an unusually storng fanbase in the whole world- you say one word against coke on the internet and you better get an underground bunker

I am from Kerala dude..we closed down a Coca Cola factory for violating environmental regulations.

I like only mango juice. :D

Then Maaza is for you.

Coco Cola has something for everyone

List of Coca-Cola brands - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But Thumps Up is so hard to come by in my place.

@ Topic: A very welcome move.

where are you staying ? i love Tup , i grew up drinking it . somehow the weak sh!t thats coke cant compare:)

I mostly prefer minutemaid orange, lemon or apple juice or Maza/slice mango juice instead of carbonated drinks. They taste nice with biryani or tandoori.

where are you staying ? i love Tup , i grew up drinking it . somehow the weak sh!t thats coke cant compare:)

Trivandrum.For some reason Thumps Up is always out of stock in shops.

I think dr.pepper is the best between coke and pepsi and dr pepper

i went down to Chennai recently and could not get a Tup there too. wonder why?

May be you and we went to shops at the wrong time. What are the odds of that? :lol: or my Spidey Sense is telling me that Coke is trying to kill off Thumps Up.

Prefer Coke to Pepsi but I like my Gold spot too

May be you and we went to shops at the wrong time. What are the odds of that? :lol: or my Spidey Sense is telling me that Coke is trying to kill off Thumps Up.

It has already killed the Thumps Up. At one time Thumps Up used to be the market leader.

India is a huge market where 1.2 billion can afford and enjoy such soft drinks .
In north it is hard to locate coca cola but u can always have the likes of Pepsi and thumbs up therefore it is hitting coca big time .
Hence u see such a huge investment now.
Its a smart move by Coke but i guess it will take time to reach most of the households .
That's the whole issue .
Also it will create more jobs . Its a win win situation for all unless u r a Pepsi worker :lol:

i went down to Chennai recently and could not get a Tup there too. wonder why?

It is because Coke controls the market for Thums up and distributes Thums up only in certain regions.

1. Not to allow the Thums up to trump up the signature brand of Coco Cola company.
2. But not kill the brand as it can use it in future especially against Pepsi if Pepsi is gaining in certain regions against Coke

Its not being patriotic, Thumps Up beats Coco Cola in taste..

You are not alone friend whole India agrees with u. :woot:

As of February 2012, Thums Up is the leader in the cola segment in India, commanding approximately 42% market share :woot: and a overall 15% market share in the Indian aerated waters market.

This means Out of 100% cola market 42% Indians drinks Thumps Up rest of the 58% market is divided between Pepsi, Coca Cola, Jayanti Cola, Ganga Cola, Catch Cola etc. etc.

but yes, Coco Cola did the smart thing by buying up Thumps Up early on. Judging by the fanbase that Thumps Up still enjoys in India, if the previous owners had played their cards carefully they could have still been a major player in the Indian market.

Bhai don't underestimate evil yindoo baniya :P

The owners of Thumps Up were Parle group people.

I have read a interview of Ramesh chauhan in India today where he was saying why sell cola for Rs. 10 when we can sell water for Rs. 15 ::devil:

Cola is sugar + water + other ingredients but Parle's Bisleri is pure water

Parle sold Thumps Up to start Bisleri in big way.

And the market of healthy products is rising as against the aerated drinks.

Now, Parle have healthy products like:

Bisleri_Mineral_Water_2Liter_Pack_9__17228_zoom.gif

GrappoFizz_5763.jpg

2009061850020102.jpg

Frooti.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom