What's new

CM seeks bus project finalised

It depends, its a good initiative but it all depends on how much money they allocate for it? If its completely out of proportion, than that would be an injustice. I just hope there is no corruption, kickbacks or cost overruns like we saw in Metrobus Project in Islamabad and Lahore. I guess that explains why Rana Sanaullah and Nawaz Sharif started barking as NAB has finished its investigation into massive corruption in Metrobus in Islamabad and Lahore, the most expensive Metrobus anywhere in the world.
The meeting was told that five different corridors would be established under the proposed project to make flow of city traffic smooth. The Asian Development Bank would fund the project.
Land acquire karni pari to pata chalay ka. Sara inqilaab nikal ky hath ma aajai ga :lol:

No Separate Land
No Elevated Tracks
No Stations
No Pedestrian Bridges
Just 100 Buses running on the roads

will it more like these kind of Buses in Peshawar (which are running in Lahore)

and in the end they will Say it OOOYEEE NAWAZ SHAREEF hum ne 2 arab (billion) me itni buses chala di hain Lahore me 160 arab (arab) ki Metro Train ki trhan paisa zaya ni kia

The meeting was told that five different corridors would be established under the proposed project to make flow of city traffic smooth. The Asian Development Bank would fund the project.
Land acquire karni pari to pata chalay ka. Sara inqilaab nikal ky hath ma aajai ga :lol:

Let's see how they acquire the land, only time will tell but i hope its done in a transparent way. It's certainly going to be an issue, building right between the city as there are many well entrenched structures. I just hope the land acquisition is not riddled with corruption and kick backs like we saw in Lahore and Rawalpindi for the Metro Bus. A magic fires manages to destroy the records for Metro Bus Lahore, but does not touch anything else. Gosh, kitni corruption karay gi PML-N, billionaires say kya trillionaires bana hai/

Now why is potty ayei party building metros instead of funding education with the same funds?? running busses is not government job!

PTI is a left wing idiot they will capitalize on anything..i reality they have no leadership and no vision...pity the pathans who voted for them!
then tell us who have a vision ?? those who voted for PML-N,PPP i.e 4 times ?

Peshawar Rapid Bus transit Project (Loan From Asian Development Bank) If Shahbaz Shareef takes loan for the Metro Train then he's looking for commission and everyone starts ranting about it what about this loan?? Another U turn and hypocrisy??
The Chief Minister Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Pervez Khattak has ordered finalization and submission of the plan of the Peshawar Bus Rapid Transit project within one week for approval so that its completion could be ensured till December 2017. He issued these directives while presiding over a high level meeting convened to discuss proposed Peshawar Bus Rapid Transit project to be established as part of Mass Transit System in Peshawar at CM Secretariat here on Thursday afternoon. Special Assistant to CM for Transport Shah Muhammad Wazir, Special Assistant to CM for Information Muhstaq Ahmad Ghani, MPA Shaukat Yousafzai, District Nazim Muhammad Asim, Chief Secretary Amjad Ali Khan and high-ups of other departments attended the meeting. Secretary Transport and consultants of the project briefed the meeting about salient features of the scheme. The meeting was briefed that five different corridors would be established under the proposed project to make flow of traffic smooth in the city. Similarly the meeting was informed that the project would help in effective and fast movement of passengers, saving time and mitigating the traffic congestion problems in the city. Similarly the meeting was told that Asian Development Bank would provide financial assistance for the designing and construction of the project.
The Chief Minister Pervez Khattak asked the concerned authorities to give final touches to the plan of the corridor-2 portion of the project, stretching from Chamkani to Hayatabad within one week. Similarly he also directed to finalize details for acquisition of 100 sophisticated buses to start the service in Peshawar in the next six months. The CM also ordered to finalize the pedestrializtion project of Peshawar Cantt including establishment of Parking Plazas and Bus stops in a week period to solve traffic problems in the area.

12745544_1141378009215419_8774914183229257133_n.jpg

12728768_1141378119215408_3172180555732224393_n.jpg

12715679_1141378149215405_2782071105460651948_n.jpg

12742660_1141378169215403_2843441990085816090_n.jpg

12705262_1141378182548735_3579510966341511327_n.jpg

12744631_1141378205882066_6490430464423293854_n.jpg

12745571_1141378229215397_1221574765732736693_n.jpg

12745531_1141378265882060_7727445848961830888_n.jpg

Last edited:
PTI is turning out to be even more ethnically motivated than ANP. ANP always had a mixed leadership with some space for Hazaraywals but in PTI's government and leadership, no hazarawal is available even in middle tier let alone top leadership.

Actually they wanted to get it virtually free to make good on Imran Khan's claim of cheapest metro
bus.png

So railways would have been the scapegoat of politics of PTI.

rapid bus project is good and cheap as compared to metro jangla bus where more money wasted on bridges

Peshawar Rapid Bus transit Project (Loan From Asian Development Bank) If Shahbaz Shareef takes loan for the Metro Train then he's looking for commission and everyone starts ranting about it what about this loan?? Another U turn and hypocrisy??

Yes but the only problem is, Orange Train is needed when people have clean safe drinking water, hospitals and educational facilities. When the Government cancels 600 projects that were aimed for clean drinking, education, healthcare and other social issues to fund the Orange Train, this really becomes an issue. Punjab Government canceled 38 billion rupees worth of funding for South, just to redirect the money to Orange Train, is that really justified? Have you seen how much poverty there is in South Punjab?

BRT is cheap, feasible, depends on what the cost is but seriously, in what world can a poor province like Punjab afford to spend $1.6 billion on a freaking train line when 80% of the people in Lahore don't have access to clean drinking water.

Yes but the only problem is, Orange Train is needed when people have clean safe drinking water, hospitals and educational facilities. When the Government cancels 600 projects that were aimed for clean drinking, education, healthcare and other social issues to fund the Orange Train, this really becomes an issue. Punjab Government canceled 38 billion rupees worth of funding for South, just to redirect the money to Orange Train, is that really justified? Have you seen how much poverty there is in South Punjab?

BRT is cheap, feasible, depends on what the cost is but seriously, in what world can a poor province like Punjab afford to spend $1.6 billion on a freaking train line when 80% of the people in Lahore don't have access to clean drinking water.

Peshawar Lacks the same things as Lahore .... No Hospital Education Health care etc etc even watch the Lady reading Hospital how guard are performing the duties of Nurses and Lacks of beds equipment etc etc ....

Plus Peshawar has Population of nearly 1 million while Lahore has more then 12 Million 11 times bigger then Peshawar... Mass transit Project is needed there....
Talking about Drinking Clean water .... 80% of Lahore means 7-8 Million people Don't have access to Clean Drinking water ??? and Yet 7 million didn't get sick... There are many areas which i know that have Water Filtration plants Installed .... Even my Relatives lives in Lahore they Get water from those filtration plants ( Areas Like Data Darbar Bilal Ganj Mazang Johar Town Gulshan e Ravi Samnabad) on my last visit last month there i saw the filtration plant working and people getting water from it...

Talking about funds it's just stuff by the opposition no project has bee cancelled or suspended by Punjab Gov The Mone is coming From China for this Project Exim Bank ... How can a bank don't gives you money when all the detail are finalized by the bank itself...?? they (opposition) say about the 600 Projects but don't name a single project whose funds have been diverted into Orange line metro bus

This is the recently build Dental and Women University build in Multan

Newly Built Bkhtawar Amin Medical and Dental College Multan

PhotoGrid_1453899580942_zps5sg1gyj2.jpg

PhotoGrid_1453899649585_zpshly7y5lr.jpg

PhotoGrid_1453899522557_zpsvy2eoknt.jpg

The Punjab 2nd Largest Women University Under construction Mati tal Road Multan
Admin Block...

PhotoGrid_1453899763721_zpsxsxoqsmw.jpg

Children Hospital Complex Extension in Multan

why do people prattle this bullshit?

Punjab? Poor? lol, punjab is the only province which pulls less and puts more in the nfc.

who says transit is NOT as important as water, schools, hospitals? where does this bullshit thinking come from? Seriously? What is with this stupid mentality? Does any one have ANY idea how much we spend on fuel subsidy in this country, just because of non-functional transport system? (hint, it's in the billion of dollars, yes dollars, nor rupees)

Besides, have you not heard of Punjab Saaf Pani project and what not?

Metro train money is a loan, it would not have gone to schools and hospitals anyway.

Want schools and tubewells? Pay up property tax, and that too on market rate, not that decades old "book" rate people put on the registry. How do you think other countries fund schools, water, sewage etc in localities? By taxing toffees and mobile cards? But of course, when you see a house for millions but put on registry thousands, and pay tax on that... guess why we don't have money for anything.

Hospitals? make medical insurance mandatory. Oh wait, insurance toh haraam hae, we love working in companies with "medical" because we don't know (or pretend) that it's actually medical insurance. If govt implements a mandatory health insurance mandate, there will be riots and CII will ban that bill. Then we wonder why hospitals are underfunded.

Don't want orange train? good, cancel it. But don't prattle bullshit. Yes south punjab needs care, yes ganjas are corrupt as f**k... but stop using metro as a crutch.

look at our air pollution reading on WHO website, three of the top ten most polluted air cities are in pakistan.

Peshawar Lacks the same things as Lahore .... No Hospital Education Health care etc etc even watch the Lady reading Hospital how guard are performing the duties of Nurses and Lacks of beds equipment etc etc ....

At least there is an effort by KPK to improve their education and healthcare system. They are initiating reforms and trying to bring changes to the system while Punjab hasn't done anything. There is a reason why KPK now leads Punjab in terms of Education and Healthcare as per the latest PILDAT and SPDI surveys, they must be doing something right. You want to know how well the healthcare system works in Punjab, look at how Ganga Ram the biggest hospital of Lahore operates where kids die of rat bites and For God sakes they don't even have MRI machines.

Plus Peshawar has Population of nearly 1 million while Lahore has more then 12 Million 11 times bigger then Peshawar... Mass transit Project is needed there....

Off course its needed, but at what cost? $1.6 billion to a benefit a ridership of 250 000 people out of a province of 100 million, like are you freaking kidding me?

Talking about Drinking Clean water .... 80% of Lahore means 7-8 Million people Don't have access to Clean Drinking water ??? and Yet 7 million didn't get sick... There are many areas which i know that have Water Filtration plants Installed .... Even my Relatives lives in Lahore they Get water from those filtration plants ( Areas Like Data Darbar Bilal Ganj Mazang Johar Town Gulshan e Ravi Samnabad) on my last visit last month there i saw the filtration plant working and people getting water from it...

I live in Lahore, please don't tell me what happens there. You know why Lahore or Punjab as a whole will never get clean drinking water, because the water drinking mafia rules with an iron fist. This business is worth billions of rupees, and PML-N hasn't dared challenge this cartel because many of its own sitting ministers own fresh water companies. E.g Khurram Dastagir owns Nestle Fresh Water Distribution for Gujranawala. Would he want the Government to build filtration plants in his city, i doubt it.

Talking about funds it's just stuff by the opposition no project has bee cancelled or suspended by Punjab Gov The Mone is coming From China for this Project Exim Bank ... How can a bank don't gives you money when all the detail are finalized by the bank itself...?? they (opposition) say about the 600 Projects but don't name a single project whose funds have been diverted into Orange line metro bus

Have you been watching the news lately? Its riddled with details of the Projects that have been cancelled, showing letters to DCO's to not spend any money on development and let it lapse so it can be sent back to the Treasury. Second, the Project is littered with corruption with massive cost overruns. The main contractor for Orange Train was arrested by NAB.

This is the recently build Dental and Women University build in Multan

why do people prattle this bullshit?

Its the reality, that's why. Some people just prefer to live in LALA Land.

Punjab? Poor? lol, punjab is the only province which pulls less and puts more in the nfc.

Its because Punjab is blessed with a relatively good infrastructure left by the Brits and Ayub Khan, not to mention Punjab is blessed with a very fertile land with many canals. Other Provinces are not blessed with that infrastructure and fertile land. Take that out, and look at the productivity of Punjab its extremely horrible. Just count how many people in Punjab live in poverty, without any access to basic services.

who says transit is NOT as important as water, schools, hospitals? where does this bullshit thinking come from? Seriously? What is with this stupid mentality? Does any one have ANY idea how much we spend on fuel subsidy in this country, just because of non-functional transport system? (hint, it's in the billion of dollars, yes dollars, nor rupees)

Transit can be in many forms, the BRT system would have done wonders for a poor city like Lahore but our rulers wanted to show something fancy and shiny, and make lots of big bucks in kickbacks while at it. Once this is built, the ticket fare will be Rs20 and the breakeven cost is Rs160, count that how many billions will be spent on subsidizing this cost. Second, why is this project being built at such expensive rate compared to other Trains that were built in other cities. Why are there massive kickbacks and corruption, that even the main contractor was picked up for irregularities by NAB. Why did the Government take such expensive loans from the Chinese when the Japanese offered the same loans at such a low interest rates?

Besides, have you not heard of Punjab Saaf Pani project and what not?

And how's that coming along? 80% of people in Lahore don't have access to clean drinking water in their homes, and this is Lahore i won't bother mentioning how things are outside Lahore. Second, there is no will by the Punjab Government to solve this crisis because guess what, many of their Members and Ministers own Mineral Water Companies and they are making billions of rupees in revenues.

Metro train money is a loan, it would not have gone to schools and hospitals anyway.

But the subsidy to sustain it would have gone to schools and hospitals, not to mention the expensive interest rates they will pay to the Chinese compared to the Japanese who offered the same loans at an interest rate of 1.5%.

Want schools and tubewells? Pay up property tax, and that too on market rate, not that decades old "book" rate people put on the registry. How do you think other countries fund schools, water, sewage etc in localities? By taxing toffees and mobile cards? But of course, when you see a house for millions but put on registry thousands, and pay tax on that... guess why we don't have money for anything.

And who is stopping the Government from not collecting those taxes?

Hospitals? make medical insurance mandatory. Oh wait, insurance toh haraam hae, we love working in companies with "medical" because we don't know (or pretend) that it's actually medical insurance. If govt implements a mandatory health insurance mandate, there will be riots and CII will ban that bill. Then we wonder why hospitals are underfunded.

Again, who is stopping the Government from doing that.

Don't want orange train? good, cancel it. But don't prattle bullshit. Yes south punjab needs care, yes ganjas are corrupt as f**k... but stop using metro as a crutch.

Well, i guess when one runs out of logic they resort to ranting. Whose stopping the Government from building cheap transportation system, why is the Government paying exuberant prices for something that can be built at half the cost.

look at our air pollution reading on WHO website, three of the top ten most polluted air cities are in pakistan.

Again, who is stopping the Government from taking action.

So the bottom line is that GOV's should keep a balance yes we need schools, hospitals, universities but we also need proper public transport system but kya karein in S.Asia jo dikhta hai wo bikta hai if you know what i mean.
and in the end they will Say it OOOYEEE NAWAZ SHAREEF
Ni yr i don't think he says OYEEE anymore :D

Let's be positive , atleast people of Pakistan getting something in this rivalry . Let all four province fight like this...

Back
Top Bottom