What's new

Club football discussions

Something is mightily clear, that kenn dalglish is very very poor tactically.

And any gooner here? I felt like jumping off the roof when Arsenal drew wth Norwich. The standard of refereeing has really gone down. 3 blatant penalties, but the referee just stands there.

Something is mightily clear, that kenn dalglish is very very poor tactically.

And any gooner here? I felt like jumping off the roof when Arsenal drew wth Norwich. The standard of refereeing has really gone down. 3 blatant penalties, but the referee just stands there.

He seemed to be doing alright this time last year and I think its Steve Clarke (the coach) who handles the tactical aspects of the game rather then Kenny whose always been much better at Man-Management then Coaching per se ! I think...Liverpool's demise is mainly because of spending a sh*t load of money on substandard British trash just because they are British ! Hendo, Caroll an d Downing are in no way worth the money that was paid for them !

On to Arsenal ! One can only marvel at how Wenger has turned things around at the Emirates; whether it was the rest of us performing badly or Arsenal being consistent more....kudos to the Gunners for having a brilliant manager !

Big question! Drogba or Torres in champions league final?

Probably Drogba because Torres may not hold of his own against Schweinsteiger who'd most probably mark him out of the game ! But the real question is : Whose going to play for Chelsea amongst the back4 and who will play in the midfield, with all those suspensions and injuries ?

He seemed to be doing alright this time last year and I think its Steve Clarke (the coach) who handles the tactical aspects of the game rather then Kenny whose always been much better at Man-Management then Coaching per se ! I think...Liverpool's demise is mainly because of spending a sh*t load of money on substandard British trash just because they are British ! Hendo, Caroll an d Downing are in no way worth the money that was paid for them !

On to Arsenal ! One can only marvel at how Wenger has turned things around at the Emirates; whether it was the rest of us performing badly or Arsenal being consistent more....kudos to the Gunners for having a brilliant manager !

I think the transfers were forced by the board than kenny himself. CArrol, Henderson, Downing, spearing (youth product), all are sub par.

only Suarez and Enrique were good transfers. over hyped english as always.

Come on Bayern.

I am supporting Bayern because I want Arsenal in the champions league next season!!!!

I think the transfers were forced by the board than kenny himself. CArrol, Henderson, Downing, spearing (youth product), all are sub par.

only Suarez and Enrique were good transfers. over hyped english as always.

Nah, the owners of Liverpool this time around had given a lot of leeway to Kenny and Comolli ! Even after Comolli was sacked, Kenny publicly admitted that all of those players were his signings ! I think the owners had this idea of having a British team and Kenny was fond of that too, seeing that the last time he managed it was a predominantly Scottish Liverpool side ! But instead of investing in the youth the way Rafa did (he brought that Segura guy from Barcelona and started the process which saw the acquisition of some of the more promising under-15 talent from Britain, Spain, France and the Latin Americas), they wanted all of it too quick without the blank cheques of Arbahomvich or the tactical (if boring) football of Mourinho !

Come on Bayern.

I am supporting Bayern because I want Arsenal in the champions league next season!!!!

You know if Wenger had actually invested some money (proportionate to what the other top teams do) in Arsenal a season or two back, you guys wouldn't have had such over reliance on Van Persie ! I love the Frenchman but I absolutely hate it how he can be such miserly at times !

You know if Wenger had actually invested some money (proportionate to what the other top teams do) in Arsenal a season or two back, you guys wouldn't have had such over reliance on Van Persie ! I love the Frenchman but I absolutely hate it how he can be such miserly at times !

Arsenal had to pay off their debt this season for the stadium. And it has been payed off now.

Podolski has come in, only if RVP stays now, and a CM comes in (preferably Vertonghen) and jacky boy could get fit, we could have a good squad to compete for second. United had a poor poor squad this season, but they called back scholes for their midfield, and got what they wanted.

Yesterday, we were denied two clear cut penalties, and Norwich one, the ref was absolutely embarrassing. Ramsey was poor as well, jogging back for the second goal when he suld have been busting a gut. The keeper was poor as well.

When Ramsey went off and we went to a 442 , hings started to get quicker. Wingers, proper wingers started running the channels and Gervinho did well. RVP got two goals, but then, again, we were caught with our pants down, and the Norwich striker was clear. This could have been a 10 goal game, only if the finishing would have been better. RVP missed a couple of chances as well.

Arsenal had to pay off their debt this season for the stadium. And it has been payed off now.

Podolski has come in, only if RVP stays now, and a CM comes in (preferably Vertonghen) and jacky boy could get fit, we could have a good squad to compete for second. United had a poor poor squad this season, but they called back scholes for their midfield, and got what they wanted.

Yaar would it kill Arsenal to prolong that debt for just another year or two and in the meantime invest a bit more into the squad instead of showing such frugality ? One might even argue that if Arsenal were genuine title challengers in the last two seasons and finished above Chelsea in the League or had they progressed to the later stages of the CL (perhaps even a Finals Appearance); you guys probably would have made enough in profits to still pay off the debt this year or even the last one !

On Podolski - I do hope that he shines but him and Klose seem to only hit form for Germany; not for their clubs ! And wasn't Podolski equally abysmal this season with Kloein (Dunno how to spell it !) ?

And don't buy Vertonghen if your going to use him as a CM (or more like a Central Defensive Mid) because he is a cultured, classy CB ! He'd bring the ball out of the back and start the move but then again you've got Vermalein for that and Koscielni along side him; oh how I wish Arsenal had gone for Cahill ! He would have been a very good match for you guys ! And what are the plans with respect to Squillaci ?

In my humble opinion what you guys are still lacking is another world-class forward along with a proper CM ! Go for Newcastle's Tiote, Lille's Hazard (or someone like Fiorentina's Jevotic if Hazard is too costly) and a decent back-up striker for when RVP is out !

Yaar would it kill Arsenal to prolong that debt for just another year or two and in the meantime invest a bit more into the squad instead of showing such frugality ? One might even argue that if Arsenal were genuine title challengers in the last two seasons and finished above Chelsea in the League or had they progressed to the later stages of the CL (perhaps even a Finals Appearance); you guys probably would have made enough in profits to still pay off the debt this year or even the last one !

On Podolski - I do hope that he shines but him and Klose seem to only hit form for Germany; not for their clubs ! And wasn't Podolski equally abysmal this season with Kloein (Dunno how to spell it !) ?

And don't buy Vertonghen if your going to use him as a CM (or more like a Central Defensive Mid) because he is a cultured, classy CB ! He'd bring the ball out of the back and start the move but then again you've got Vermalein for that and Koscielni along side him; oh how I wish Arsenal had gone for Cahill ! He would have been a very good match for you guys ! And what are the plans with respect to Squillaci ?

In my humble opinion what you guys are still lacking is another world-class forward along with a proper CM ! Go for Newcastle's Tiote, Lille's Hazard (or someone like Fiorentina's Jevotic if Hazard is too costly) and a decent back-up striker for when RVP is out !

Vertonghen gives variety. LB, CB, CDM , he does all the jobs. Then Vermaelen can also be a CDM.

podolski has scored 18 goals this season for Koln, a terrible team. So, I dont think that is poor. That is very very good for a struggling team.

But CL football is a must for keeping RVP I think.

Hazard is a bit over hyped IMO. Song has the position of Tiote so no need.

We need a decent back up goalie, a good creative midfielder. Wilshere when fit will be class but we will need one more back up. But i doubt wenger would go for it.

Vertonghen gives variety. LB, CB, CDM , he does all the jobs. Then Vermaelen can also be a CDM.

podolski has scored 18 goals this season for Koln, a terrible team. So, I dont think that is poor. That is very very good for a struggling team.

But CL football is a must for keeping RVP I think.

Hazard is a bit over hyped IMO. Song has the position of Tiote so no need.

We need a decent back up goalie, a good creative midfielder. Wilshere when fit will be class but we will need one more back up. But i doubt wenger would go for it.

Yaar, Vertoghen's best position by far is at CB ! He reminds me a bit about our Daniel Agger ! So go for him only if hes going to get a starting berth at CB but if hes intended to be an insurance policy for different positions or if you're going to play him at CM - then don't...for godsake dont' !

Hmmn, Impressive stats on Podolski ! I didn't know that good for him ! Because the last time I checked koln was playing in the tier 2 of the Bundesliga !

Song used to be a good, no-nonsense tackler but now I'm not too sure ! The offensive side of his game has improved but I feel like when it comes to shielding the back4 his game has regressed a bit ! And so Tiote would be a good acquisition to provide that much needed steel in the middle that Arsenal's been missing since Viera ! Plus...hes got a very nice, unsung ability to keep the ball rolling...to keep the play going !

Okay forget Hazard ! But surely you need players with greater quality then Walcott, Arshavin or Rosicky ? So what I'm essentially saying is go out there and break the bank - Splash 20-30M for a world-class forward who guarantees goals and assists ! Think of where Arsenal would be now had they gone the extra mile for Suarez - with both the transfer fee and the pay !

I think in Manone you do have a decent goalie ! I hear Germany's 'Hans Joerg Butt' is retiring (or has he)...going for him or similar goalies of that calibre would be understandable ! For example, Liverpool acquired a decent pair of hands in Doni !

Oye...forget the Creative Midfielder ! Assuming that you're going to be playing a 4-2-3-1; you've got Wilshere, Artetta and Ramsey for that CM berth...go for a CAM or SS instead who plays just behind the Forward and let that be the mega-money signing !

Rosicky has been very good for the last 2 or so months.

The problem with Song is that when Arteta came, he had the license to go forward, and get some passes to RVP and try some attacking, and Arteta came deeper to defend. But now when Arteta is njured, Song still goes forward, while Ramsey does not do his job. And that is costing us. Song just takes too long on the ball before releasing it. And sometimes, just goes brain dead.

But GK department will be fine if Fabianski stays. Vertonghen is a must, but then who will he play instead of? Mertesacker is qualit, Vermaelen is excellent as well. Kos the boss is on fire right now, so 4 top class CB's i dont think so. So, only if Vermaelen goes into midfield or something, only then will Vertonghen come in.

BTW, Koln are not in tier 2.

Come on city!!!! win win win.

Only because i want Newcastle to lose and arsenal to keep fourth, and then Spuds draw, and Bayern win the UCL, and Arsenal win the last game, and we are all fine!!!

Yeah CITY!!!!!!

Now Arsenal need just a draw to guarantee 4th position, and then Chelsea will need to lose for Arsenal to get UCL next season.

And if Arsenal win against WBA next week, UCL IS OURS REGARDLESS of the Chelsea-Bayern result (although i will still be rooting for Bayern).

The Yids completely blow it

Yeah CITY!!!!!!

Now Arsenal need just a draw to guarantee 4th position, and then Chelsea will need to lose for Arsenal to get UCL next season.

And if Arsenal win against WBA next week, UCL IS OURS REGARDLESS of the Chelsea-Bayern result (although i will still be rooting for Bayern).

The Yids completely blow it

Yaya Toure was complete class today - they deserved it today!

You a city fan superkaif??

yaya is the only city player i like, even when he was at barca.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom