What's new

Clinton Warns Pakistan of "severe consequences."

We survived in the 90's without them 'dude', ad these threats are nothing but hoo haa from a falling power.

Sort yourself out and then blame others, the mighty USSR threatened us too. Remember them and them talk.

I think you misunderstood my post. and I dont disagree with your comment on the threats..

I just think the threat of blocking supplies to Afg at drop of the hat is just not practical. Is Clinton making a political statment so detrimental to Pakistan that it would initiate such hostilities with USA at the cost of all the aid it receives..??

Hi
I would really like to see what Americans will do in case of any attack on its soil with alleged links to Pakistan. Americans need to understand that Pakistan is not Iraq, Iran or Afghanistan. Apart from being a Nuclear power Pakistan happen to have very strong support of China. If Pakistan withdraws support to Allies in Afghanistan & actually start doing what the Pakistani's are accused of then the world will see how long the Americans will last on Afghani soil, So instead of pointing fingers at Pakistan, Americans should grasp the reality that its not in Pakistan's control to prevent such attacks, of all the countries Pakistan has suffered irreparable losses as a consequence of this WOT.

NEW YORK: The United States has warned of "severe consequences" if a successful extremist attack in America were traced back to Pakistan, U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said on Friday in an interview with CBS' "60 Minutes."

The Pakistani Taliban claimed responsibility for a failed bid to bomb New York's Times Square last Saturday. If proven, it would be the group's first act in the United States.

Pakistani-American Faisal Shahzad has been charged with driving the crude homemade bomb into Midtown Manhattan and said he acted alone, according to authorities. But investigators have uncovered possible links to the Pakistani Taliban and a Kashmiri Islamist group.

"We've gotten more cooperation. It's been a real sea change in the commitment we have seen from the Pakistani government. We want more, we expect more," Clinton said in the interview to be aired on Sunday. Excerpts were released on Friday.

"We've made it very clear that if -- heaven-forbid -- an attack like this that we can trace back to Pakistan were to have been successful, there would be very severe consequences," she said, without elaborating.

Shahzad, 30, who was born in Pakistan and became a U.S. citizen last year, has admitted to the failed plot and to receiving bomb-making training in a Taliban and al Qaeda stronghold in Pakistan, prosecutors said.

He has been charged with attempting to use a weapon of mass destruction and trying to kill and maim people, as well as other counts. Shahzad is yet to appear in court as he has waived his U.S. legal rights and is talking to investigators.

Clinton: 'severe consequences' in case of attack

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

HOLY SH!!!T! Punjabi me kehte hain "Gittay nal Barvatta" (Eye-brow attached to Ankle). :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

On Serious Notes to Ms. Clinton - We hold America from its balls. You cannot afford so offend Pakistan to keep this gapping hole closed if you cannot speak with sensibility.

Looks like a typical case of an old angry woman. They're almost always angry (at least in the west) when they get old.

Times like this make me miss Musharraf so so much. He would have responded in an intelligent way to this. Stupid fool Zardari can't communicate well and this rhetoric keeps happening and Pakistan's name is being destroyed.
Yes, all he did was talk, master of the word game and purely zero constructive work. He is one of the many reasons we are in this mess.
Back to Hilary, exactly in what context she said this will be seen tomorrow on 60 min but just taking taking what she said at a face value assuming she meant a military strike of some sort within Pakistan then it doesn't sound too good. Statement like this could imbolden militants who would want nothing more than a major US inavsion on Pak which could give them countless amount of people on their side, strengthen their organization and cause and if they get a hint of how to get the US to do this they might go extreme measures to acheive their goals.

On Serious Notes to Ms. Clinton - We hold America from its balls. You cannot afford so offend Pakistan to keep this gapping hole closed if you cannot speak with sensibility.

It is two dimensional sir. U.S is allowing Pakistan to hold its balls as long as Pakistan is doing the job.

If Pakistan does not do it then it is already a stated position of Obama that U.S will directly intervene. The same was the case when Pakistan was refusing the presence of the Quetta Shoora and then later Pakistan eliminated Quetta Shoora.:what:

I dont think anything is gna happen! Faisal is not the first case.. there was david headley etc.. what happened then? Nothing! So nothing will happen even now! We in Pak are used to this crap and we dont even take it seriously anymore...

Though I doubt if Clinton's remarks were for domestic audience, I personally think these remarks are to pressure Pak to go into North Waziristan asap! But with Gen Kiyani around I dont see that hapening just as yet! Having said that I know we will eventually go into N. Waziristan but just not as yet.

Like gates put it in his remarks, Pak army is thinly stretched already so the Americans are aware of it. I think they trying their best to get Pak to action in the North asap!
Nice try clinton... not gna happen just as yet!

It is two dimensional sir. U.S is allowing Pakistan to hold its balls as long as Pakistan is doing the job.

If Pakistan does not do it then it is already a stated position of Obama that U.S will directly intervene. The same was the case when Pakistan was refusing the presence of the Quetta Shoora and then later Pakistan eliminated Quetta Shoora.:what:

Quetta Shura is still around, only badaber was arrested, do you know who is in the Quetta Shura.

Even the validity of such a group is shrouded in mystery as the militant groups do not have much coopeartion with each other.

It is just a rouse to classify all these people as one just like WOT classified all different terrorist groups as one and it was the biggest blunder of all.

What else can one expect from Clinton and the US?

They easily forget the peaceful and meaningful contribution of thousands of Pakistanis living and working in the US in exchange of one person's action.

"I think that there was a double game going on in the previous years, where we got a lot of lip-service but very little produced," she said.

Sure, the 'little prduced' was from a responsible govt. which didn't want to create a complete howak in Pakistan because the responsibility of that govt. was to protect the interests of Pakistan first.

Once Gen. Musharraf said -

"I do not lead a war on terror on behalf of the United States, but on behalf of Pakistan," Musharraf told French newspaper Le Figaro in an interview published Saturday.

"It is in Pakistan's interest to eradicate terrorism and extremism. This is what the Pakistani people wish, it does not want terrorists nor extremists ... We are leading our own war, even though Pakistan's interests on that point are shared with those of the United States and the coalition in Afghanistan."

Musharraf tells U.S.: Stay out of Pakistan - CNN.com

But the past two years had seen "the killing or capturing of a great number of the leadership of significant terrorist groups", Mrs Clinton added.

"We've gotten more co-operation and it's been a real sea change in the commitment we've seen from the Pakistan government. We want more. We expect more."

This govt. is a slave govt. which will do anything to satisfy the US demands!

"We've made it very clear that if - heaven-forbid - an attack like this that we can trace back to Pakistan were to have been successful, there would be very severe consequences," she warned.

You can say that because Gen. Musharraf is not in power and there is not anyone to respond back to this rubbish and utter nonsense!

Well let me assure you Mrs. Clinton that Pakistan may be ruled by your pets buit the nation itself is not your slave. We are an independent nation and we are not weak like Iraq and Afghanistan.

Your confidence is from attacking weak soverign nations but Pakistan is a different ball game altogether. I am sure somewhere your troops must be calling you a clueless old hag.

Gen Musharraf once responded to such threat by saying -

"Nobody will come here until we ask them to come and we haven't asked them," Musharraf told the Strait Times this week.

Strait Times reporter Anthony Paul asked Musharraf: "If the Americans came, would you treat that as an invasion?"

"Certainly," Musharraf said. "If they come without our permission, that's against the sovereignty of Pakistan."

GEN MUSHARRAF PLEASE COME BACK AND LEAD PAKISTAN​

What else can one expect from Clinton and the US?

They easily forget the peaceful and meaningful contribution of thousands of Pakistanis living and working in the US in exchange of one person's action.

"I think that there was a double game going on in the previous years, where we got a lot of lip-service but very little produced," she said.

Sure, the 'little prduced' was from a responsible govt. which didn't want to create a complete howak in Pakistan because the responsibility of that govt. was to protect the interests of Pakistan first.

Once Gen. Musharraf said -

"I do not lead a war on terror on behalf of the United States, but on behalf of Pakistan," Musharraf told French newspaper Le Figaro in an interview published Saturday.

"It is in Pakistan's interest to eradicate terrorism and extremism. This is what the Pakistani people wish, it does not want terrorists nor extremists ... We are leading our own war, even though Pakistan's interests on that point are shared with those of the United States and the coalition in Afghanistan."

But the past two years had seen "the killing or capturing of a great number of the leadership of significant terrorist groups", Mrs Clinton added.

"We've gotten more co-operation and it's been a real sea change in the commitment we've seen from the Pakistan government. We want more. We expect more."

This govt. is a slave govt. which will do anything to satisfy the US demands!

"We've made it very clear that if - heaven-forbid - an attack like this that we can trace back to Pakistan were to have been successful, there would be very severe consequences," she warned.

You can say that because Gen. Musharraf is not in power and there is not anyone to respond back to this rubbish and utter nonsense!

Well let me assure you Mrs. Clinton that Pakistan may be ruled by your pets buit the nation itself is not your slave. We are an independent nation and we are not weak like Iraq and Afghanistan.

Your confidence is from attacking weak soverign nations but Pakistan is a different ball game altogether. I am sure somewhere your troops must be calling you a clueless old hag.

Gen Musharraf once responded to such threat by saying -

"Nobody will come here until we ask them to come and we haven't asked them," Musharraf told the Strait Times this week.

Strait Times reporter Anthony Paul asked Musharraf: "If the Americans came, would you treat that as an invasion?"

"Certainly," Musharraf said. "If they come without our permission, that's against the sovereignty of Pakistan."

GEN MUSHARRAF PLEASE COME BACK AND LEAD PAKISTAN​

They talk big but don't do jack our government maybe cowards but the pakistani people are not we are still waiting for obama to invade us like he threatened to do a few years ago :lol:

Hi
I would really like to see what Americans will do in case of any attack on its soil with alleged links to Pakistan. Americans need to understand that Pakistan is not Iraq, Iran or Afghanistan. Apart from being a Nuclear power Pakistan happen to have very strong support of China. If Pakistan withdraws support to Allies in Afghanistan & actually start doing what the Pakistani's are accused of then the world will see how long the Americans will last on Afghani soil, So instead of pointing fingers at Pakistan, Americans should grasp the reality that its not in Pakistan's control to prevent such attacks, of all the countries Pakistan has suffered irreparable losses as a consequence of this WOT.

IMHO, the follies of your arguement

1. Over estimation of Pakistan's nuclear status. Doesnt mean squat to USA. You dont have a delivery mechanism to hit them. As a matter of fact its much more easy for US to hit Pakistan than it was to hit iraq.

2. Overestimation of your relations with China. China will never (atleast next 20 years or so) raise a finger to protect Pakistan from USA. The most important thing for China is its economy and it will never endanger it by going up against USA. Pakistan is a tool for China against India and that's pretty much it..In USA China equation, Pakistan has no place or role..

she need her army go alive back from afghanistan or all should be in boxes ?????

IMHO, the follies of your arguement

1. Over estimation of Pakistan's nuclear status. Doesnt mean squat to USA. You dont have a delivery mechanism to hit them. As a matter of fact its much more easy for US to hit Pakistan than it was to hit iraq.

2. Overestimation of your relations with China. China will never (atleast next 20 years or so) raise a finger to protect Pakistan from USA. The most important thing for China is its economy and it will never endanger it by going up against USA. Pakistan is a tool for China against India and that's pretty much it..In USA China equation, Pakistan has no place or role..

Well China did warn USA against any misadventure within Pakistan in 2008. Also when was the last time USA won a war, we might be completely crushed initially, but once the asymmetric warfare kicks into gear, the the results will speak for themself.

We have a large population, a large army, enough equipment to sustain ourselves and enough proxies to harm many countries. We will use the Islam card, our allies will help us and though they might level out cities in a matter of days, guerilla warfare will come in handy.

We might become another Afghanistan but we will make sure the invaders learn a very hard lesson.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom