What's new

Clashes in Lower Dir kills 15 militants

PakShah

Reaction score
Clashes in Lower Dir kills 15 militantsAFP Yesterday
The gunbattle took place near Kharkai hills, in the Lower Dir district. – Photo by AP (File)

PESHAWAR: At least 15 militants were killed Saturday in a gunfight with troops in a restive northwestern Pakistani district, security officials said.

The day-long gunbattle near Kharkai hills, in the Lower Dir district of the once Taliban-infested Swat Valley, started when troops were approaching a strategic peak to establish a post, a senior security official told AFP.

“More than 15 militants were killed in a clash with security forces,” the official said.

“One soldier was martyred and three others were wounded,” he said. Another security official confirmed the fighting and casualties.

Last week a suicide bomber blew himself up in the same district as mourners gathered on open ground in Jandol town attending funeral prayers.

More than 4,600 people have been killed across Pakistan in attacks blamed on the Taliban and other extremist networks based in the tribal belt since government troops stormed a radical mosque in Islamabad in 2007.

In 2009, 30,000 Pakistani troops went into battle against Taliban fighters who for two years had terrorised people with a campaign of beheadings, violence and attacks on girls’ schools in Swat and parts of Dir.

The army declared the region back under control in July of that year and said the rebels had all been killed, captured or had fled.

Clashes in Lower Dir kills 15 militants | Provinces | DAWN.COM

Keep up the good work. regds

The International community needs to recognize Pakistan's sacrifices in the War on Terrorism, especially the western world.

But, the only thing we Pakistanis hear is "Do more!"

The World needs to reward Pakistan for her efforts. Perhaps MORE financial assistance and military technology along with transfer of technology would help.

Now US and NATO should stop Cross Border Terrorism inside Pakistan. These militants are coming from Afghanistan to attack Pakistan.

Excellent job! One would only wish the ANA/US Forces would tackle the safe havens of Al-Qaeda in Northern Afghanistan, & the safe havens of the TTP/Taliban in Kunar & Nuristan. But I doubt they have the resolve considering the fact that they want to broker peace deals with them, & set up offices in Qatar for them.

Excellent job! One would only wish the ANA/US Forces would tackle the safe havens of Al-Qaeda in Northern Afghanistan, & the safe havens of the TTP/Taliban in Kunar & Nuristan. But I doubt they have the resolve considering the fact that they want to broker peace deals with them, & set up offices in Qatar for them.

Buddy, there is no safe heavens of AQ in northern Afghanistan, they surely are hiding here and there, but nothing like safe heavens. The GoA is actively fighting the TTP in kunar and nuristan, right now there is heavy fighting going on there. But is there anything goin on in your part against the haqaanis? i dont think so.

Buddy, there is no safe heavens of AQ in northern Afghanistan, they surely are hiding here and there, but nothing like safe heavens. The GoA is actively fighting the TTP in kunar and nuristan, right now there is heavy fighting going on there. But is there anything goin on in your part against the haqaanis? i dont think so.

There is no fighting going on in Kunar & Nuristan, you frickin abandoned your border posts & checkposts to give them safe havens!

There is no fighting going on in Kunar & Nuristan, you frickin abandoned your border posts & checkposts to give them safe havens!

they are freaking fighting the taliban in nuristan right now: check this news from yesterday, it is in farsi, but google translate it and it will give you a rough idea.

?BBC ??????? - ??????????? - ?????? ?? ???? ??? ? ????? ?? ??? ????????? ??? ????
This is from May: ?BBC ??????? - ??????????? - ????? ????????? ????? '????' ?? ?? ?????? ????? ?????

this is also in 18 of sept. ?BBC ??????? - ??????????? - ????? ?????? ?????? ???? ??????? ?? ??? ????????? ?

they are freaking fighting the taliban in nuristan right now: check this news from yesterday, it is in farsi, but google translate it and it will give you a rough idea.

?BBC ??????? - ??????????? - ?????? ?? ???? ??? ? ????? ?? ??? ????????? ??? ????
This is from May: ?BBC ??????? - ??????????? - ????? ????????? ????? '????' ?? ?? ?????? ????? ?????

this is also in 18 of sept. ?BBC ??????? - ??????????? - ????? ?????? ?????? ???? ??????? ?? ??? ????????? ?

Nuristan is much less of a problem than Kunar is, although Nuristan is a problem as well. The link you quoted from May was from Nuristan. It's also been 5 months since May.

Quoting the September 18 link:

Officials in Nuristan province, Afghanistan, in the East have said that military operations to dislodge the rebels from the metal sheets have begun

I'm sure you can see the discrepancy there.

Ahmad, I don't want to argue with you, it's futile with your denial mode. Both you & I know that the Forces deliberately abandoned their posts to give safe havens in Kunar & Nuristan, & hundreds of Afghan terrorists have managed to easily make cross border attacks on Pakistani soldiers & villagers, for days. It is only through repeated Pakistani pressure that you might start doing something about this, even though you haven't done nearly enough to tackle the safe havens in Kunar & Nuristan.

Nuristan is much less of a problem than Kunar is, although Nuristan is a problem as well. The link you quoted from May was from Nuristan. It's also been 5 months since May.

Quoting the September 18 link:

Officials in Nuristan province, Afghanistan, in the East have said that military operations to dislodge the rebels from the metal sheets have begun

I'm sure you can see the discrepancy there.

Ahmad, I don't want to argue with you, it's futile with your denial mode. Both you & I know that the Forces deliberately abandoned their posts to give safe havens in Kunar & Nuristan, & hundreds of Afghan terrorists have managed to easily make cross border attacks on Pakistani soldiers & villagers, for days. It is only through repeated Pakistani pressure that you might start doing something about this, even though you haven't done nearly enough to tackle the safe havens in Kunar & Nuristan.

what denial buddy? they are actively fighting them and the fight has been going on both in kunar and nuristan, you have already made your mind, no need to present you with the proof. on the other hand, we dont see anthing agaisnt the haqanis in pakistan.

what denial buddy? they are actively fighting them and the fight has been going on both in kunar and nuristan, you have already made your mind, no need to present you with the proof. on the other hand, we dont see anthing agaisnt the haqanis in pakistan.

I have already quoted you the statement from Afghan officials in Nuristan on September 18 that operations have only 'begun'. What do you think that means? I have all the proof of Afghan operations, when your Forces deliberately evacuated outposts in Kunar & Nuristan to give the terrorists safe havens. I don't need any other proof but the fact that hundreds of Afghan terrorists have been repeatedly carrying out terrorist attacks for days at a time from these safe havens, in Lower Dir, Upper Dir, Chitral, Mohmand, Bajaur, Malakand.

I have already quoted you the statement from Afghan officials in Nuristan on September 18 that operations have only 'begun'. What do you think that means? I have all the proof of Afghan operations, when your Forces deliberately evacuated outposts in Kunar & Nuristan to give the terrorists safe havens. I don't need any other proof but the fact that hundreds of Afghan terrorists have been repeatedly carrying out terrorist attacks for days at a time from these safe havens, in Lower Dir, Upper Dir, Chitral, Mohmand, Bajaur, Malakand.

if anybody who is in denial mode is you, the operation is not something new, it has been ongoing since long time. if denial makes you feel good then go for it, i aint have anything further to say.

if anybody who is in denial mode is you, the operation is not something new, it has been ongoing since long time. if denial makes you feel good then go for it, i aint have anything further to say.

So you are saying that the Afghan official saying that the operations have 'only begun' are all fabrications & lies? It's futile talking to someone who is in denial about what your own officials say, so I won't be taking this any further, because it's futile to talk to someone so deeply wrapped in denial.

So you are saying that the Afghan official saying that the operations have 'only begun' are all fabrications & lies? It's futile talking to someone who is in denial about what your own officials say, so I won't be taking this any further, because it's futile to talk to someone so deeply wrapped in denial.

different parts different operations, those border districts have been hand and hand between gov and paksitani/afghani taliban for a long time, evey time they lose they have to launch the attack again to regain it, and by the way, before the TTP were launching their operations from Pakistan into Afghanistan, i have already posted those links to you in a differnt thread.

Back
Top Bottom