What's new

CJ Iftikhar Chaudhary strikes back at COAS Kiyani's Threat to SC !!

The Army knows that it is advantageous to lay low for a period of time while retaining its hold.

How so? With Judicial activism at it's peak and Political Parties' refusal to welcome Martial Law, I don't see Army being at an advantage with each passing day. Democracy is being further strengthening as we speak. Even Maulana Fazlur-Rehman said a while back that JUI-F will support Democracy. And add to all that, the professionalism of General Kiyani, and there's absolutely no chance of Military coup till December 2013(Both COAS and CJ are to retire by then) at least.

I don't want to get bann going off topic.. You are totally deviated from topic.. the topic is

"Pak Army Vs Pak Judiciary/democracy This include America as America influence ur entire system (Except Judiciary)", You started shouting Indian human right violation...

I told you that your army sold your ppl, You told our Army is doing bad.. Are u justifying ur army act?? Do you have any sense what u are talking??? Do you know how to discuss??

Just showed the mirror. Your reaction is understandable ...

The risk is very low, but not zero.

#1 is patently false. Like it or not, Army has had, has, and will continue to have a huge influence on politics. Any statement to the contrary is mere pretense.

You don't know Kiyani like I know Kiyani. He's a disciplinarian and will never consent to any political role for the Army.

You don't know Kiyani like I know Kiyani. He's a disciplinarian and will never consent to any political role for the Army.

I agree with you that as long as Kayani is in office, there will be no overt political role for the Army. My point was that it is simply incorrect to say that the Army, which is much more than just one man, will not influence politics anymore. It will.

The risk is very low, but not zero.

#1 is patently false. Like it or not, Army has had, has, and will continue to have a huge influence on politics. Any statement to the contrary is mere pretense.

but atleast he is trying to give impression that army have no interest in politics. Meanwhile CJ is acting like god. the better he recognize that he is a part of this country and not the sole ruler to decide everything the better it will be.

I agree with you that as long as Kayani is in office, there will be no political role for the Army. My point was that it is simply incorrect to say that the Army, which is much more than just one man, will not influence politics anymore. It will.

What if Kiyani's successor thinks/follows the same? Well, whether it's Kayani or anybody else, state of affairs is not different - It's just not the CoAS who exclusively has a say. You never know that the Kiyani's stance is not being reinforced by other generals, it could be change at genic level!

Neither can I, when you misquote events and try to blow them out of proportion, there's a thin line between criticism and plain bashing. What you do is the latter, someday you will realize that there are other ways to like Imran Khan rather than just hate on the Army and Agencies and pretty much everything else...........The only thing transparent by a typical PTIer's logic is Shaukat Khanum and the Pakistan's Cricket Team during Imran's captaincy.

The Issue is REAL my friend !!

SC has also ordered to present a copy of threat release, I mean ISPR press release in court next time.

and no not for a single day, army or kiyani had been non political, they have tried to detail the system or kept threats of national government of technocrats all the time, they did formulate the foreign policy, they did try to cash in memogate and OBL operation in their favour...

when army interfere, the likes of Nawaz,Gilani becomes politicians...

the only credit in Army's history is being American boot licker, giving bases to America, killing Leaders, giving us ayub, yahya,zia and musharraf types, breaking the country, losing territory, losing wars, killing its own people, creating mullahs, becomnig land mafia... ???? what you wanna talk about !!! Huh !

power greed is beyond country, nation, belief or anything... that is why army would give up easily on that,unless a man of character !!!

but atleast he is trying to give impression that army have no interest in politics. Meanwhile CJ is acting like god. the better he recognize that he is a part of this country and not the sole ruler to decide everything the better it will be.

Such an "impression" is patently FALSE.

The CJ will soon learn his and the judiciary's limits too, one way or another.

the great @salmanAraja "Gen Kayani has tried to brow beat the nation. No army officer has faced media lynching at par with Haqqani, Ali M Gilani or Khushnud Lashari"

@usmanmanzoor Why General Kayani didnt issue such a statement when Supreme Court was hearing Memo-case? Meetha Meetha Hup Hup

@SaeedShah I fail to understand how an army chief or ISI chief, acting in the public affairs of Pakistan, is committing an "individual" act. #Kayani

@titojourno For most of Pakistan's history, politicians vilified, maligned as crooks & thieves. Haul up some retd generals and country's in peril Wah!

‏@mehreenzahra The media, public and judiciary will always salute the army when it does what it is constitutionally mandated to do." Gen Kayani …

An army official, wishing anonymity, confirmed Gen Kayani's statement was responding in part to Asghar Khan judgment Pakistan's army chief warns judges not to undermine military | Reuters …

P.S. almost all the sectors of the society; the political parties, the journalists, civil society have condemned Kiyani's threat to SC.

Grow Trees, not Ego !!

Tell above to your CJ, Leader !!!

When retired generals, not active duty generals are pulled by the Court, the COAS speaks. What is that? Are all generals above law? This is becoming a joke. Military does not think it is accountable to anyone. This is not the way our country will move forward.

As long as special interest groups remain - bureaucracy, military and politicians, who guard their own selfish interests, Pakistan will not progress.

Supreme Court has said nothing in the judgement that it should take any adverse comment. It has only asked FIA to start proceedings against two generals. I know for a fact its not going to happen. Its a foregone conclusion that even retired generals in Pakistan are above law.

When retired generals, not active duty generals are pulled by the Court, the COAS speaks. What is that? Are all generals above law? This is becoming a joke. Military does not think it is accountable to anyone. This is not the way our country will move forward.

As long as special interest groups remain - bureaucracy, military and politicians, who guard their own selfish interests, Pakistan will not progress.

Supreme Court has said nothing in the judgement that it should take any adverse comment. It has only asked FIA to start proceedings against two generals. I know for a fact its not going to happen. Its a foregone conclusion that even retired generals in Pakistan are above law.

Please don't forget that the active duty generals of today are the retired generals of tomorrow.

Sir ji.. Power corrupts and Absolute power, corrupts absolutely (i spoke for the motion in a school debate, a lifetime ago) ;)

I think COAS was talking more to those who are insulting the army than supreme court because after Asghar Khan case people have their tongues sticking out of their mouths and someone have to put them in their pants or they will keep on barking on their own army

I think COAS was talking more to those who are insulting the army than supreme court because after Asghar Khan case people have their tongues sticking out of their mouths and someone have to put them in their pants or they will keep on barking on their own army

Pakistanis generally dont have the level of respect for army they had before Musharraf time. Musharraf did a lot of damage to Army's reputation. Now every Tom, Dick and Harry and there are more than Pakistan can afford, points fingers at the Army.

I think its also lack of communication from the army too. When too many anti-Army people are wagging their tongues, Army must engage the media and people and show the tremendous sacrifices they are making at the frontiers of war on terror. This is very badly lacking right now.

Back
Top Bottom