What's new

Cinemas Deserted As Audience Awaits Release Of Indian Films

Haad hai....Ab Pakistani movies bhi isolate ho gai....:lol::lol::lol:

That is just bad business when you can not predict and provide for demand. BTW 170 cinemas are not really enough for a country with population touching almost 200 million. You guys need more cinema screens and chains and for the content you guys need us :D Like I said trade is always good even if of arts.
Lets just say our cinema was more or less destroyed in the late 90,s it was Khuda key Liye that revived it in 2007
Waar that took it to new heights in 2013 and JPNA that actually showed the full potential of the Pakistani market in 2013
It was after roaring success of jpna number of multiplexes(roughly 100 planned) increased and we had more and more Pakistani movies do more bussiness
Now after bollywood ban number of active screens on regular days will decrease temporarily
I was only for limitation on Bollywood content earlier but after what they did on Zee Zindagi and how our artists had to recieve death threats not to mention the whole loc situation i am kind of against that it cant be a one way traffic

Haad hai....Ab Pakistani movies bhi isolate ho gai....:lol::lol::lol:
Arey UK mein no 9 pay to ayein thien cast ko BBC ney bulaya interview kay liye thenga hay isolation :D

Pakistan needs to develop dubbing industry as well and bring foreign movies like Korean, Persian and Chinese. Even animated series, small cartoons and documentaries.

http://tribune.com.pk/story/1217644...eserted-audience-awaits-release-indian-films/
KARACHI:

It would be an understatement to say that boycotting Indian films has had a huge blow on Pakistani cinemas. Where Bollywood contributed 60% to 70% of the overall cinema business, local and Hollywood films have not been able to sustain it on their own, with the exception of three major Eid releases. The situation has been frustrating for audiences and exhibitors alike, and cinema parking lots have never been emptier than they are nowadays.

Speaking with The Express Tribune, Atrium Cinemas managing director Nadeem Mandviwalla said, “I would not say there has been a loss, but yes, business is low. Fewer people are coming to cinemas these days.” However, he expected the business to pick up once new films are released.

A Nueplex Cinemas official, who requested anonymity, said they have suffered huge losses as a result of the boycott. When asked whether it was a good move, he said it was at that time. “However, in retrospective, it did not prove to be one.”

Super Cinemas general manager Khorem Gultasab echoed the sentiment. “It was a good move at the time. The whole reason we boycotted Indian films was because they were going to cut Fawad’s role and threatening not to release Ae Dil Hai Mushkil. So we did it to make the statement — that our artists shouldn’t be taken for granted. National integrity surpasses every other factor,” he said. “But now, the situation is fine. His role wasn’t cut and the film released without any interruptions throughout India so there’s no reason to continue the boycott. It’s only affecting us.”

After the boycott, exhibitors decided to rerun old Pakistani films to fill space and keep the flow of audience coming, but to no avail. “We did reruns of Pakistani films but not a single ticket was sold. Not one person came to watch those Pakistani films,” said the Nueplex official.

When it comes to Hollywood releases, they clearly have a niche market as compared to Bollywood. “Hollywood films work, but only on weekends. However, they can only have a full-house for one or two shows but can’t sustain it for long.”

nueplex-official-2-11-2016-1478013713.jpg

He emphasised the consequences of not releasing Bollywood films. “If we can’t sustain our business, people would have to be fired and cinemas shut down. We need at least two Pakistani films per month to sustain ourselves and I don’t see that happening for at least three to four years.”

According to him, cinema-owners are already getting a lot of requests to screen Indian films again.” Now that the situation is not so tense anymore, we are hoping things will get better soon.”

Gultasab agreed, saying, “About 80% of the calls we receive inquire about Indian films. That’s about 3,000 people and they all want to watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil. It’s about the quality of the films. They don’t care if it’s Bollywood, Hollywood or a Pakistani film. If it’s a good film, they’ll watch it,” he said. “But most of the films we produce aren’t good enough, case in point being Abdullah – The Final Witness, which was released on October 28. It totally bombed with only 10-14 people in a 300-seat hall!”

While, the consensus is that boycotting Indian films was the right move at the time, the situation has changed now and must be dealt with accordingly. “Our industry hasn’t matured enough to sustain itself. The move reflected our mutual stance on the situation at the time. However, it is getting better now and I’m hoping that cinema owners resume Indian films. We must not let the industry die.”

Not a single shit given

LMAO at stupid Indian movies. Who wants to watch this crap which defies logic and the laws of nature? Monkeys jumping in trees and love songs every 10 minutes. LOL

The Indians don't have half the actors Pakistan has. No wonder they are importing our actors like there is no tomorrow. Too bad the extremist dotheads are burning with rage.

Well majority of Pakistanis do watch it seems. LOL :p:

If Indian cinema is not having half the talent compared to their Pakistani counterpart, why Pakistani movies are loosing (in terms of revenue) big time against Bollywood ??

Why with your fine quality acting and skills you are not able to market Pakistani movies outside your country effectively ??

Hatred aside, first try to admire quality work. :)

Moreover regarding Pakistani actors, I love to watch their work and I do agree they are very skilled, that's why they are getting hired by bollywood big shots. :)

What a bunch of rubbish. Movies and movie stars are soft targets. The politicians who have business interests worldwide including India and Pakistan make much more money and never target import and export of goods. What does it matter who acted in movies as far as there is an audience? And this only gives a fillip to piracy.

As far as overseas territories are concerned, Pakistan is a mid-sized market - probably the size of an Indian state. And India has not banned any Pakistani movie stars or movies - only one political party which has 0 political presence even in its home state is creating a ruckus.

Pakistan needs to develop dubbing industry as well and bring foreign movies like Korean, Persian and Chinese. Even animated series, small cartoons and documentaries.
Burqa avenger,3 bahadur,Salute :D
No need for dubbing we need to make more movies like AiL with heavy promotion and strong scripts

Well majority of Pakistanis do watch it seems. LOL :p:

If Indian cinema is not having half the talent compared to their Pakistani counterpart, why Pakistani movies are loosing (in terms of revenue) big time against Bollywood ??

Why with your fine quality acting and skills you are not able to market Pakistani movies outside your country effectively ??

Hatred aside, first try to admire quality work. :)

Moreover regarding Pakistani actors, I love to watch their work and I do agree they are very skilled, that's why they are getting hired by bollywood big shots. :)
Pakistani movies are loosing where?
Last i checked this eid all three Pakistani movies did good bussiness :D

The funny part is

"We did reruns of Pakistani films but not a single ticket was sold. Not one person came to watch those Pakistani films,” said the Nueplex official.
Seems I will have to watch one Pakistani film patiently by sitting for 3 hours to know what is exactly in them!! Can you suggest some name??:D

Burqa avenger,3 bahadur,Salute :D
No need for dubbing we need to make more movies like AiL with heavy promotion and strong scripts

Pakistani movies are loosing where?
Last i checked this eid all three Pakistani movies did good bussiness :D

Pakistan film industry started a revival process only after the ban on Indian films were lifted in 2006. :D

http://www.thenational.ae/arts-life/film/bollywood-provides-life-support-to-pakistans-film-industry

An excerpt from the above link;

"In 1971 we banned Indian films [it was lifted in 2006], and our industry was destroyed – but not the Indian industry, he says."

http://tribune.com.pk/story/1188733/can-pakistani-cinema-survive-without-bollywood/

http://www.dawn.com/news/1078424

http://tribune.com.pk/story/1138365/box-office-sultan-gets-biggest-eid-opening-pakistans-history/

I guess the above links are more than enough to show you the mirror. :)

LMAO at stupid Indian movies. Who wants to watch this crap which defies logic and the laws of nature? Monkeys jumping in trees
How is monkey jumping on trees is defying laws of nature? Where else they are supposed to jump?
The Indians don't have half the actors Pakistan has. No wonder they are importing our actors like there is no tomorrow. Too bad the extremist dot heads are burning with rage.
Funny Indians don't have half the actors Pakistan has but you are not even able to produce half the movies India produces in a year.

New films will be released in late November and December and et is wrong on figure of 70% for Bollywood its was 70% for bollywood and hollywood sure they will have issues and business will be down temporarily we have 3 new movies for November and 2 for december

The cinema owners will have to re adjust to a new reality just like TV channel owners
14567541_1386034824770696_7192834797436586828_o.jpg
1155620-bahadur-1470293140-851-640x480.gif
dobara-phir-se.jpg
jeevan-haathi.jpg
Saya-E-Khuda-E-Zuljalal-movie.jpg

That was a silly move why wpuld people watch old movies?
Pakistani movie houses need to up their game and increase numbers and budgets to replace fill the market the demand for Pakistani movies is there we had a complete Pakistani movie scene this eid all three movies released this eid did good business
Zibago bhai, next time you want a movie to do good business please don't name it "Jeewan Hathi".:D

Torrent the Indian Movies Illegally, They won't make any Cash

They're all dogs that will bark for money, so if our industry is making money then they will bark for us....deep thinking :sarcastic:

yes who ever doesn't talk what you want is a dog.. Keep living in denial

Even Indian movie won't make any cash, It will get popularity in Pakistani awam. If I would have power, I will airdrop Indian movies CDs (HD print) over Pakistani airspace.

Let Pakistani get addicted of Indian movie..

Torrent and pirated Indian movies are good enough to kill the Pakistani entertainment industry. If you don't make money but make sure you kill the market of the opponent is known as creating a monopoly. All major business houses does that.

Another decade of continuation for the policy of squeezing last drop out will run the Pakistani entertainment industry dry.

yes who ever doesn't talk what you want is a dog.. Keep living in denial

Even Indian movie won't make any cash, It will get popularity in Pakistani awam. If I would have power, I will airdrop Indian movies CDs (HD print) over Pakistani airspace.

Let Pakistani get addicted of Indian movie..
RAW should make sure that the pirated blue ray quality bollywood movies should be available in every nook and corner of our beloved brotherly country.

Back
Top Bottom