What's new

Christian on death row for blasphemy loses appeal in Pakistan court

And what about Pakistani sources, even published in reputed papers like dawn? Would they as per you be better?

what have they published now ... ??

BTW let me clear that truth matter more than the source ... just yesterday or day before yesterday here at the forum a news report published in two or three local paper was debunked on the basis of falsification.

what have they published now ... ??

BTW let me clear that truth matter more than the source ... just yesterday or day before yesterday here at the forum a news report published in two or three local paper was debunked on the basis of falsification.

Source 1:
He said during his study, he experienced firsthand some of the discrimination Muslims in Pakistan accord to non-Muslims, especially giving them food or drinks in separate utensils.
Book launch: Rediscovering Pakistan’s pluralistic culture – The Express Tribune

Source 2:
The eateries in the entire bazaar that is frequented by the local Sikhs either plainly refuse to serve them or have separate cups and glasses for them.
Kalyan Singh who has spent almost his entire here can even tell you which rehri wala will serve him and which won't.

Day 3: The Sikhs of Nankana Sahab - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

Source: The killing of the Sikhs of Pakistan

Source 1:
He said during his study, he experienced firsthand some of the discrimination Muslims in Pakistan accord to non-Muslims, especially giving them food or drinks in separate utensils.
Book launch: Rediscovering Pakistan’s pluralistic culture – The Express Tribune

Source 2:
The eateries in the entire bazaar that is frequented by the local Sikhs either plainly refuse to serve them or have separate cups and glasses for them.
Kalyan Singh who has spent almost his entire here can even tell you which rehri wala will serve him and which won't.

Day 3: The Sikhs of Nankana Sahab - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

Source: The killing of the Sikhs of Pakistan

well this are the personal accounts which can't be verified, as my personal experience is different (though these are from some Urban areas of Sindh & Punjab), therefore I would neither believe this, nor would opt to counter this.

While legally correct, this is what I feel -

When I read such apologetic accounts - that impose death on religious diktats, I sincerely and honestly wish Islamic Law to be implemented in those countries where the apologists hail from.

Given that India has the 2nd largest population of Muslims in the world, your wish may come sooner than you expect.

I think it has already come true in places like UP. How many people have been killed due to religious agitation there.

She should be hanged, How dare she can say anything about Prophet (PBUH).

They should make an example for her so that nobody can insults the Prophet (PBUH) in future.

Given that India has the 2nd largest population of Muslims in the world, your wish may come sooner than you expect.

I think it has already come true in places like UP. How many people have been killed due to religious agitation there.

What is religious agitation.

It was not India that I was talking about.
Please make a distinction between state sanctioned religious discrimination and criminal activities.

It was not India that I was talking about.
Please make a distinction between state sanctioned religious discrimination and criminal activities.

You were referring to "apologetic accounts".

Well check the opinion polls of Indian Muslims, how many millions of them approve of the death penalty for apostasy and blasphemy against their religion, i.e. Sharia law.

I'm not even counting the other types of "apologists" like the Roy woman or the leader of Hyderabad, since though are supporting terrorists rather than a new legal system.

When I read such apologetic accounts - that impose death on religious diktats, I sincerely and honestly wish Islamic Law to be implemented in those countries where the apologists hail from.

India has far more apologists/supporters of Sharia law than we do.

And since India has the 2nd largest Muslim population in the world (and growing rapidly)... your above wish may come true sooner than expected.

You were referring to "apologetic accounts".

Well check the opinion polls of Indian Muslims, how many millions of them approve of the death penalty for apostasy and blasphemy against their religion, i.e. Sharia law.

I'm not even counting the other types of "apologists" like the Roy woman or the leader of Hyderabad, since though are supporting terrorists rather than a new legal system.

India has far more apologists/supporters of Sharia law than we do.

And since India has the 2nd largest Muslim population in the world (and growing rapidly)... your above wish may come true sooner than expected.
You are forgetting that there is a 800 pound gorilla in the room - the 1 billion Dharmic people in India.

In any case, I dearly wish for Shariah to be implemented in Pakistan. Logically the Law of Islam should be implemented in the Country made for Islam.

Last edited:
"We won't kill anyone as long as they believe in everything we believe" :eek:

:( Ok you got me there.

I think I misunderstood you.

You quoted my post, implied it was an apologetic account supporting the Pakistani court system (it was), and said that you wished Sharia law would be implemented in my country, since I was an apologist?

Well I'm sorry to say but only around 1% of our population is Muslim, and most of those are Hui. The demographics are stable (in part due to Chinese government policy) and so in a decade or so, our Muslim population will most likely stay at 1%, or even shrink.

There is zero chance of Sharia law in China, the demographic trends are against it.

But there are Sharia courts in India right, I've read about them on the news?

I simply used the logic that Pakistanis give on the need for Partition - that Hindus discriminated against Muslims and never gave them food/water in the same plates amongst others. Therefore to protect the Muslim identity, Partition was necessary.

I am simply extending the same logic to todays Pakistan.

It does not mean I personally believe in it. Those Pakistanis who cite the validity of TNT and its usual causal factors should also extend their magnanimity of Partition once again, should they not?

Pakistanis don't give such logics neither do we envision India's partition. It is only Indians who come up with such absurd notions every now and than. Your post was no exception. What happened in 1947, your founding fathers were also part of it. Pakistan was needed and so it was formed on the basis of TNT.

Pakistanis don't give such logics neither do we envision India's partition. It is only Indians who come up with such absurd notions every now and than. Your post was no exception. What happened in 1947, your founding fathers were also part of it. Pakistan was needed and so it was formed on the basis of TNT.
I have heard many on this forum espouse it. Nonetheless, I go by your view and retract my statement then.

In the end the bottomline is that Government of Pakistan has to repeal such laws which run contrary to social harmony. And the people of Pakistan must pressure the Government to do this if the Govt is hestitant or unwilling.

Back
Top Bottom