What's new

Chopper Down

Punjab Rangers’ helicopter crashes at Layia

Updated 20 minutes ago

MULTAN: A helicopter Wednesday fell down into the River Indus at Kot Sultan in Layia, no word on casualties, Geo News reported.

Police said that the crashed helicopter belonged to Punjab Rangers, which was on a routine mission.

On the other hand local sources told that D.G. Rangers, Major General Muhammad Nawaz, two captains and one colonel were also on board the ill-fated helicopter.

Rangers’ sources told that a rescue helicopter has been sent to the site of incident.

Sources said that the helicopter fell down due to bad weather. They further said that there was no news about the persons on board.

These helos (other then Navy) are not equipped with floatation gear, chances look slim, still hoping for best outcome.

I hope this was attempted controlled crash into river as there are little chance to survive a helicopter crash at land

RIP to the fallen. Senior ranks of the army died in this incident

'Major General Muhammad Nawaz, two captains and one colonel were on board helicopter when it crashed.'

Firstly those on board belonged to the Rangers, and no fatalities are confirmed yet.

are u in your senses!!! what is nice abt a helo crash in which people may have been killed!!!

If you dont understand my post dont quote my statement please!

son of major general Nawaz was also on board. Hope they survive the crash, though chances are slim.

Quite amazing how dangerous aviation in Pakistan seems to be for uniformed leadership

Quite amazing how dangerous aviation in Pakistan seems to be for uniformed leadership

The pilot reported severe weather conditions and informed Control Tower that he was diverting towards Multan, eventually he attempted to ditch the machine.
On topic, there were reportedly four personal on board, and sadly two bodies have been recovered.

according to ISPR.....heli lost contact with ATC at about 10 o clock....when it crashed,a team of twenty divers was sent from multan base most probably in a puma because only puma ir Mi 17 can carry this much people and multan has no Mi 17, the divers have found a cell phone and a emergency kit, everybody is believed to have died in the crash.

nice nice... Navy aircraft destroy... Cobra gunships crashed in last operation and rest of other almost outdated now.. 2 Mi crashed now another Bell down... ahesta ahesta karkay pakistan ke sare military hardware khatam nahe hoti ja rahe ??? "Point to be noted"

when did this happen??

In Sha Allah they would be alive and unhurt.
Anyways, Stealth has got a point to be noticed!

According to eye-witnesses, the helicopter caught fire and crashed into the river. They said that an explosion occurred before the crash.

May be pilot had wantedly taken into river so that they can have more chances than crashing at land.

Someone has to pay the price of what happened with those five innocent lives in Quetta.
JAWANs emptied their magazines for NISHAN E BAZI on people tied with ropes, later they looted jewellery and gifted them their Grenades. labelled them TERRORISTS. That how our ARMY(plz don't deny rangers weren't the part of ARMY) fight against terror.

If they will not be brought to justice BE READY TO FACE NATURAL DISASTERS, you cannot hide from it.

My condolences to the families. A helicopter crash is a damned frightening thing...I hope it was quick.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom