What's new

CHinese Weibo, Baidu blocked in India and taken down from app stores

question of self reliance is only valid when india is capable enough to produce items on their own but it seems highly unlikely as india not has proper supply chain for low cost raw materials and proper setup to convert them to finished products,depending on u.s,japan and skorea will be expensive option and will lead to more inflation and waste of reserves of india resulting in adverse effects on economy,india is not u.s and japan who have high technology industrial base and much more stronger economy to sustain trade wars as evident from poor condition of indian public who flee to foreign countries for earning money by doing lower level jobs

As I stated earlier China majorly dominates 2 sectors in India first is mobile phones and yes we are hopeless there with all major player with the exception of Samsung being Chinese in origin. The other being small manufactured products like calculators, toys, decorative lights, watches, googles etc type of products, for these products we also have Indian manufacturers dealing in the said products but in the past they weren't able to compete with the Chinese both in quality and price. Indian importer mostly source these products from China through Alibaba/Aliexpress or their associate sitting in China. Once Alibaba and Aliexpress is banned and govt. makes it difficult to import these goods from China the dealers will have to turn to Indian products. About mobile phones yeah it's difficult and will take time but it is not impossible there as well.

Exclusive: IPL & Vivo set to part ways, fresh deal in the offing

has anyone ever gotten their aliexpress orders delievered ? last year i had ordered few kinky stuff:enjoy:, but it never reached me.somehow tracking stops moment it touches Indian borders. Sellers refunded though.

Weibo app no longer exists

Following a recent ban on Chinese apps in India, the popular names such as Weibo and Baidu have now been blocked in India. Both Weibo and Baidu are popular Chinese apps considered as alternatives to micro-blogging site Twitter and Google Search, respectively. Read on to know more about this.

Weibo, Baidu blocked in India
Both Weibo and Baidu no longer exist on the Google Play Store and the App Store, as per the request made to both Google and Apple. The Internet Service Providers (ISPs) have also been asked to block the apps so that users are unable to access the apps or their website versions.

As per a report by the Times of India (TOI), Weibo and Baidu are counted in the list of the 47 apps banned recently in India. An unknown official told TOI, "They are among the 47 new apps that the government had banned." Although, Weibo was among the 59 Chinese apps that were banned in the country.

It is suggested that more Chinese apps will soon be banned in India as part of another 'digital strike' by India. For those who don't know, around 275 apps are being reviewed by the government, with the list including the most popular battle royale game PUBG Mobile.

For those who don't know, Weibo is a micro-blogging site launched back in 2009. It is a popular Twitter alternative in China and was even joined by the PM Narendra Modi in 2015. However, due to the recent India-China tensions, Modi removed his account from the website. Baidu, on the other hand, is a Chinese web browser that has its Facemoji Keyboard app as a known one in India.

To refresh your memory, the Indian Government banned 59 Chinese apps on June 29 (including TikTok, UC Browser, Beauty Plus, ShareIt, CamScanner, and more) due to security and privacy issues. Following this, it went on and banned 47 apps on July 27, which were clones to the previously-banned apps, citing the same problem. However, a full list of the 47 apps isn't available and it is suggested it includes apps such as TikTok Lite, Likee Lite, Bigo Live Lite, Shareit Lite, and CamScanner HD among others

https://www.indiatvnews.com/technol...ese-apps-blocked-in-india-know-details-639412

India in self destructive mode. Carry on

Best of luck to Hindutva's when more hungry will slip into deep poverty.

Besides Pakistan has banned Twitter, Wikipedia, Quora, Reddit etc.
When did that happen? AFAIK twiterr ban if it ever happened was temporal and placed for banning every Pakistani content

When did that happen? AFAIK twiterr ban if it ever happened was temporal and placed for banning every Pakistani content

My apologies, You are right.....Twitter was banned but then allowed later. I stand corrected.

My apologies, You are right.....Twitter was banned but then allowed later. I stand corrected.

It was due to the Indian moderation staff nothing to do with Twitter itself

As I stated earlier China majorly dominates 2 sectors in India first is mobile phones and yes we are hopeless there with all major player with the exception of Samsung being Chinese in origin. The other being small manufactured products like calculators, toys, decorative lights, watches, googles etc type of products, for these products we also have Indian manufacturers dealing in the said products but in the past they weren't able to compete with the Chinese both in quality and price. Indian importer mostly source these products from China through Alibaba/Aliexpress or their associate sitting in China. Once Alibaba and Aliexpress is banned and govt. makes it difficult to import these goods from China the dealers will have to turn to Indian products. About mobile phones yeah it's difficult and will take time but it is not impossible there as well.

Exclusive: IPL & Vivo set to part ways, fresh deal in the offing
Indian is not capable and not productive. Trust me , they are no way to match the workforce of China. Indian education stiff creativity while Chinese education promotes entrepreneurship.

Indian is not capable and not productive. Trust me , they are no way to match the workforce of China. Indian education stiff creativity while Chinese education promotes entrepreneurship.
India cannot even copy succesfully ... let alone innovate. The biggest Indian "innovation" in the modern era is replacing call center employees with heavily accented Indian ones lol.

There are sectors such as automobile, home appliances and others where Indian manufacturers compete with Japanese, Korean and American brands and the Chinese are nowhere to be seen. It's not that Chinese companies didn't try their hand but where rejected by the Indian consumer. Here Indian manufacturers have to cater to the domestic market and not compete with the Chinese for the export market which I believe can be done easily without much fuss if the government makes it difficult for Indian importers to import Chinese goods. Yes, for mobile phones probably it's going to take time but we do have Samsung, Apple, Nokia, LG for the time being.

There are sectors such as automobile, home appliances and others where Indian manufacturers compete with Japanese, Korean and American brands and the Chinese are nowhere to be seen. It's not that Chinese companies didn't try their hand but where rejected by the Indian consumer. Here Indian manufacturers have to cater to the domestic market and not compete with the Chinese for the export market which I believe can be done easily without much fuss if the government makes it difficult for Indian importers to import Chinese goods. Yes, for mobile phones probably it's going to take time but we do have Samsung, Apple, Nokia, LG for the time being.

Don't delude yourself. Chinese automobile are far superior than India one. It just Chinese are busy fighting the home turf for automobile supremacy as China is the world largest market.

If Chinese were to come India. It will easily win shares like our smartphone.

Don't delude yourself. Chinese automobile are far superior than India one. It just Chinese are busy fighting the home turf for automobile supremacy as China is the world largest market.

Whatever makes you happy.

If Chinese were to come India. It will easily win shares like our smartphone.

Not anymore, now let them fight for the home turf only because now cracking the Indian market would become increasingly difficult for them because of the government and the current bad image of China and backlash towards Chinese products. Good for Indian manufacturers though!

5 rafales and digital Strike :enjoy:

India has won the 2 front war!!

Thankyou Surrender Modi:p:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom