What's new

Chinese Weapon Exports

norinco VN1 for venezuelan marine corps

pqZd64A.jpg

xq8WXFg.jpg

efOimjO.jpg

NUejSJu.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting, is their HQ-7 SAM in any form integrated with the Smart-s radar for scanning and tracking? Or is it a standalone system that only work with the type 345 fc radar shown on the drawings?
SMART-S is only for search but not for guidance

SMART-S is only for search but not for guidance

But is the Smart-s radar linked with the SAM system?

Because I thought that the search radar, like the type 360 radar on the type053 frigates, communicate with the type 345 fire control radar. Like the type 360 does the scanning and tracking target, then the 345 takes over and do the guidance. Or am I mistaken?

But is the Smart-s radar linked with the SAM system?

Because I thought that the search radar, like the type 360 radar on the type053 frigates, communicate with the type 345 fire control radar. Like the type 360 does the scanning and tracking target, then the 345 takes over and do the guidance. Or am I mistaken?
I think so, and don't forget that HQ-7 is a licensed Sea Crotale, so should have no problem to be integrated with Europe radar.

I think so, and don't forget that HQ-7 is a licensed Sea Crotale, so should have no problem to be integrated with Europe radar.

I wonder how long the engineers had time to "play" with the SMART-S. :azn: That radar looks to be very popular in Asia.

S Korea, Malaysia and Indonesia is confirmed to be users (or will be acquiring them in the future). Philippines and Vietnam will probably use them too in the future.

Interesting, is their HQ-7 SAM in any form integrated with the Smart-s radar for scanning and tracking? Or is it a standalone system that only work with the type 345 fc radar shown on the drawings?
SMART-S Mk2 radar system come from Thales corp that Algeria requested, not Made in China. So i think that Smart-s radar can not control HQ-7 SAM.

C28A warship is the export version of China Corvette, like China 056 class / Netherland Sigma class.
01300537210659136691672712506.jpg

Last edited:
SMART-S Mk2 radar system come from Thales corp that Algeria requested, not Made in China. So i think that Smart-s radar can not control HQ-7 SAM.

C28A warship is the export version of China Corvette, like China 056 class / Netherland Sigma class.
01300537210659136691672712506.jpg

If you look at the land version, the type 345 radar/ir sensors are integrated on the launcher for fire control:
hq-7b-crotale-telar-1s.jpg

But it it is also linked to a ACU radar for surveillance scanning. This radar unit can sent data to the launchers to begin processing before the target is within range:
fm-90-crotale-acquisition-radar-apa-3s.jpg

Older version ACU radar in the front:
attachment.php

From what I understand, naval hq-7 version like on some type 053 frigates, the type 360S radar can play this ACU role and communicates with the 345 firing control radar.

It will be strange if the SMART-S is not linked with the Type 345. It means the hq-7 system will only start to track and calculate once the targets is within 25km!!! if this target is a supersonic missile, it's better for the Algerian operator to just pray lol.

Back
Top Bottom