What's new

Chinese vessel entered Indian waters without permission : Indian Navy

Amavous

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Navy chief Karambir Singh says Chinese vessel entered Indian waters without permission
Hindustan Times, New Delhi : Dec 03, 2019 19:42 IST
The Chinese vessel, Shi Yan 1, was found carrying out some activities near Port Blair in September when it was asked to go away.

Navy chief Admiral Karambir Singh on Tuesday said that a Chinese research vessel was recently driven away from Indian waters near the Andaman and Nicobar Islands as it did not have permission to operate there.

“Our stand is that if you have to do anything in our exclusive economic zone (EEZ), you have to notify us and take permission,” Singh said at his annual press conference ahead of Navy Day on December 4.

According to the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea, a country’s EEZ extends to 200 nautical miles from its coast and it has sovereign rights for exploring, exploiting, conserving and managing the natural resources in this sea zone.

Watch | ‘Monitoring Chinese presence in Indian Ocean’: Navy chief Karambir Singh

The Chinese vessel, Shi Yan 1, was found carrying out some activities near Port Blair in September when it was asked to go away.

Singh said the navy was keeping track of Chinese presence in the Indian Ocean region. “They have been given areas for deep sea mining. Chinese oceanographic research vessels are there in the Indian Ocean region. At any given time, seven to eight Chinese vessels are there in the region, including the ones involved in anti-piracy role,” Singh said.

India will be hosting the multi-nation Milan exercise off the east coast next year for which 41 countries have been invited. China, however, has not been invited.

Singh said India had invited only like-minded countries. “We haven’t even done a passage exercise with the Chinese navy. With the other countries, we have better interoperability,” the navy chief explained.

The exercise was earlier staged off Port Blair but has been moved to Vizag as “the east coast has better bandwidth,” he said.

Singh also highlighted that the navy needed more funds for pursuing its modernisation programme as its share of the defence budget had declined from 18% to 13% during the last five years. He said the navy had projected the requirement of additional money to the government.

Asked to comment on the swift modernisation of the Chinese navy, he said China was moving at the pace it was capable of and the Indian Navy was taking steps at the pace it was capable of.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/navy-chief-karambir-singh-says-chinese-vessel-entered-indian-waters-without-permission/story-6fcOxdrnf8ViLsgkXlhhKL.html

Last edited:
“Our stand is that if you have to do anything in our exclusive economic zone (EEZ), you have to notify us and take permission,” Singh said at his annual press conference ahead of Navy Day on December 4.
India said they were suspecting the Chinese vessel was conducting spying activity. Should any spy notify the target and take permission?

Territorial waters end at about 22 km; as far as I understand, through EEZ any ships can sail and ships don't require any permission unless they are doing economic exploitation of the sea resources.
So based on what did the IN drive the chinese ships away. And wonder why the chinese just ran away.

Territorial waters end at about 22 km; as far as I understand, through EEZ any ships can sail and ships don't require any permission unless they are doing economic exploitation of the sea resources.
So based on what did the IN drive the chinese ships away. And wonder why the chinese just ran away.

Probably because its an unarmed research vessel

Read the twit. It was EXPELLED by Indian Navy.

Probably because its an unarmed research vessel
It could be but considering it is a chinese ship, I highly doubt that.
Anything of any significance has links to the CCP in China, they need CCP's blessings to survive in China.
So I highly doubt it is some harmless "research" vehicle just "researching" stuff near an important outpost of the Indian military.
But still doesn't put india in the right, given that territorial waters end at about 22 km from coast.

Read the twit. It was EXPELLED by Indian Navy.
The IN in my post stands for Indian Navy; it's an abbreviation.

It was "asked" to leave... Not expelled u indian...
It is an acoustic research vessel. It is probably useless to stay there when the engine noise from Indian ship overwhelms what it wants to detect.

IN be like: No, Shoo Shoo...(just like you do to a stray dog). :big_boss:
Its just the beginning. Soon India will be like "welcome welcome" when PLAAN will rule Indian Ocean in next 10 years.
Dont forget it is currently dealing Japanese USN Australian eastern asian navies single handily and India is just another fishing boat navy for PLAAN.

It could be but considering it is a chinese ship, I highly doubt that.
Anything of any significance has links to the CCP in China, they need CCP's blessings to survive in China.
So I highly doubt it is some harmless "research" vehicle just "researching" stuff near an important outpost of the Indian military.
But still doesn't put india in the right, given that territorial waters end at about 22 km from coast.

The CCP runs the PLA, as long as its non-military research the CCP has nothing to do with it.

They most likely didnt want gangus messing up their research data and stealing it, like I said these ships are unarmed and usually isolated.

The CCP runs the PLA, as long as its non-military research the CCP has nothing to do with it.

They most likely didnt want gangus messing up their research data and stealing it, like I said these ships are unarmed and usually isolated.
CCP runs just the military in PRC right? Ahh, the naivety.
Sure add some name-calling too.
Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom