What's new

Chinese UAV News & Discussions (Strictly)

I thought it was in service as Wind Shadow

In the PLAAF? I only know rumours and images of single ones at Malan or Huangdicun, but I have the feeling they are still in test ...

In the PLAAF? I only know rumours and images of single ones at Malan or Huangdicun, but I have the feeling they are still in test ...
Im not certain either. But it has been around for quite some time now.

China recently unveiled Wing Loong-10 Ground Attack Drone.
lol riding the wave of insecure Indians and Americans with that clickbait? 😄

Original Indian disinfo article from November 2, 2020:
Exact same text and even that was already full of spins and disinformation.

Wing long 10 is just the export variant, PLA's version is the double engine wind shadow..

On topic, it was not "recently" unveiled, but at least 4-5 years ago.

General Atomics Avenger's first flight was in 2009...

:whistle:

https://www.airforce-technology.com/projects/cloud-shadow-unmanned-aerial-vehicle-uav/ Still, it's nothing impressive. It still has 400 kg payload capacity vs the General Atomics Avenger 1600 kg internal payload capacity, for a total of 2900 kg payload capacity (internal + external).

General Atomics Avenger's first flight was in 2009...

:whistle:

https://www.airforce-technology.com/projects/cloud-shadow-unmanned-aerial-vehicle-uav/ Still, it's nothing impressive. It still has 400 kg payload capacity vs the General Atomics Avenger 1600 kg internal payload capacity, for a total of 2900 kg payload capacity (internal + external).
No body knows the exact figure for the payload and besides it was never meant to be the same class as avenger, please spare us with your "bis" mentality.

No body knows the exact figure for the payload and besides it was never meant to be the same class as avenger, please spare us with your "bis" mentality.

bis?? Is that a new word you just invented lol??

It's the same class an the general atomics avenger. You can do all sorts of mental hoops to get around the mere fact that the Wing Loong is just a cheap copy of the avenger.

bis?? Is that a new word you just invented lol??

It's the same class an the general atomics avenger. You can do all sorts of mental hoops to get around the mere fact that the Wing Loong is just a cheap copy of the avenger.
Oh, the infamous itachi is back..
Lol, same class, why would they designed something if PLA never given out such requirement..to satisfied ones ego?
Btw, how many avenger has been inducted by US or any other countries?

Why would the US sell it if all of its allies already have drone programs of their own??

China can continue selling cheaper and inferior version of it for all the US cares. The iterations of Wing Loong has been shot down many times already in various wars from the Yemeni to the Libyan. Even crashed during Pakistani tests. :lol:
Thanks for the purchased of winglong 2
from Pakistan.

Last edited:
Not sure if this is the right place, but they're used primarily with drones:
Is there any information on China's EO/IR capabilities? How effective are they? US has one of the most impressive EO/IR systems in service, so I'm sure it's development and improvement is something China is putting efforts into.
Also does China have Wide Area Motion Imagery modules in service?

Why would the US sell it if all of its allies already have drone programs of their own??

China can continue selling cheaper and inferior version of it for all the US cares. The iterations of Wing Loong has been shot down many times already in various wars from the Yemeni to the Libyan. Even crashed during Pakistani tests. :lol:

@Deino @waz @Foxtrot Alpha @krash @Irfan Baloch @LeGenD

Troll post by @Itachi

Chinese drones are inferior? BBC disagree.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom