What's new

Chinese tycoon to feed 1,000 poor Americans

I believe Chen's charitable advertisement on New York Times can make he more popular in both China and America, if we consider it in business field, his personal show is successful. :enjoy:

In Japan, it is uncommon to do this; to publicize acts like this. In fact, it is looked down upon.
the-incredible-business-card-of-the-chinese-millionaire-who-wants-to-buy-the-new-york-times.jpg

He needs a new title to add to his already impressive business card.

Hmm. I lost all respect i had for this man. "Most influential person in china, most prominent philanthropist..."
Narcissisimus ad infintum! :tdown:

I think he is creating an image of popular entreprenour that is partly also a PR personality. This is uncharacteristic for China, but a usual practice in the US. And he is playign in the US by the US standards. I would not blame him for what he is doing as long as it opens up larger business opportunities.

US businesses, particularly those in strategic and tactical management don't publicize that kind of verbiage as seen in his card tho. In fact, it might even dissuade.

In Japan, it is uncommon to do this; to publicize acts like this. In fact, it is looked down upon.

Hmm. I lost all respect i had for this man. "Most influential person in china, most prominent philanthropist..."
Narcissisimus ad infintum! :tdown:
Whatever if American poor welcome him, his show is successful in America.
As far as i know, BOSS Chen's company mainly doing salvage of waste material, after this charity show his company can do better in American market.

American who read New York Times paper can remember BOSS Chen and his company.

US businesses, particularly those in strategic and tactical management don't publicize that kind of verbiage as seen in his card tho. In fact, it might even dissuade.

He is apparently not the norm for China; kind of an outlier. But I like his boastful attitude since I feel arrogance at the right level is required for great power status. Too much humbleness may lead to a prosperous but gutless China. Hence, I like a healthy dose of competition environment where human eats human rather than a more laid-out atmosphere. Look at the former and present Western colonialists and imperialists: They are often arrogant and self-important nations, which is part of their success. Otherwise, why would they be so much motivated to travel half of the world and plunge themselves in unknown lands? China needs such individuals although it also needs to protect the civilization-nation attitude. We cannot definitely be like Western barbarians, but, the only way to compete them on their home turf is to adopt their way of conduct. Unless we do not want a China that is a toothless economic power.

There are too many humble rich man that are doing charity work silently. But we still need some measures to fill the gap between the poor and the rich. Now it comes this kind of charity which was called violence charity counter the humble charity. It's still good to the society though.
Chen really do a good charity work for over 15 years and had donated over 2 billion RMB.This time, I estimate that he will donate(consume) almost 1 million dollars in New York City.
Personally, I prefer to Mr. Run Run Shaw(邵逸夫)'s charity work. You almost can't count how many buildings are built in campus and hospitals and it bring a profound affects.
邵逸夫_360百科
Chen's charity work is just simple and direct but not that bad. Chinese society is humble and sometimes people are just can't stand this kind of behavior, but charity is charity, right?

Last edited:
A "poor" American is something quite different than in most countries. The stereotypical homeless are generally mentally ill, with a large percentage of combat veterans who society has turned their back on.

I don't see anything wrong with it. Every individual looks at their own benefit no matter how they want display it. Talk about individuals, even countries first look at their own benefits. Nothing comes free in today's world. So what if he's trying to get attention? He's still feeding the poor and the point has got across to people.

A "poor" American is something quite different than in most countries. The stereotypical homeless are generally mentally ill, with a large percentage of combat veterans who society has turned their back on.

Yes, many of the homeless in the streets of NYC, Philadelphia and other large urban areas of the United States is a result of the 1970's decision to cease federally-ran mental hospitals, and instead placed emphasis on local communities to support mental health patients. Due to the limited resources in many local government units in the United States, many of the homeless , which do have a profound amount of psychopathologies, are left on the street destitute. I also believe that the VA has more to improve on; and should provide a greater coverage , particularly mental health.

He is apparently not the norm for China; kind of an outlier. But I like his boastful attitude since I feel arrogance at the right level is required for great power status. Too much humbleness may lead to a prosperous but gutless China. Hence, I like a healthy dose of competition environment where human eats human rather than a more laid-out atmosphere. Look at the former and present Western colonialists and imperialists: They are often arrogant and self-important nations, which is part of their success. Otherwise, why would they be so much motivated to travel half of the world and plunge themselves in unknown lands? China needs such individuals although it also needs to protect the civilization-nation attitude. We cannot definitely be like Western barbarians, but, the only way to compete them on their home turf is to adopt their way of conduct. Unless we do not want a China that is a toothless economic power.

@TaiShang ,

In this day in age, i don't think it is necessary to be calling our partners in the west as 'barbarians'.

I don't see anything wrong with it. Every individual looks at their own benefit no matter how they want display it. Talk about individuals, even countries first look at their own benefits. Nothing comes free in today's world. So what if he's trying to get attention? He's still feeding the poor and the point has got across to people.

Actually we would have far less homeless and poor here in the US if we decided to take care of ourselves before giving so much in international assistance.

I was shell-shocked when I first plunged into the side streets in San Fran. Both sides of the road were filled with human bodies to the degree that you have to jump over them as they rested in their sleeping bags. But they are blessed as the weather is nice for most of the year.

In this day in age, i don't think it is necessary to be calling our partners in the west as 'barbarians'.

For this age, certainly not, since they may not bite us. But reflect a hundred years back, yes they were. So, I was basically referring to the era of colonialism.

They are still barbarians to those who suffer in their hands. For us, I think they are business partners.

Last edited:
Actually we would have far less homeless and poor here in the US if we decided to take care of ourselves before giving so much in international assistance.
I was shell-shocked when I first plunged into the side streets in San Fran. Both sides of the road are human bodies to the degree that you have to jump over them as they rest in their sleeping bags. But they are blessed as the weather is nice for most of the year.

You also have to understand that there is an abundance of 'young homeless' in the west coast; I've seen this in San Francisco , as well as in Sacramento. The 'hippies' of the modern age, so to say.

You also have to understand that there is an abundance of 'young homeless' in the west coast; I've seen this in San Francisco , as well as in Sacramento. The 'hippies' of the modern age, so to say.

Yes, as well as old men and women who seem normal (not mentally ill) but simply out of options. Some have incredible life stories when you dig in.

I was shell-shocked when I first plunged into the side streets in San Fran. Both sides of the road are human bodies to the degree that you have to jump over them as they rest in their sleeping bags. But they are blessed as the weather is nice for most of the year.

For this age, certainly not, since they may not bite us. But reflect a hundred years back, yes they were. So, I was basically referring to the era of colonialism.

They are still barbarians to those who suffer in their hands. For us, I think they are business partners.
You are a rational person!

An noble act is always welcomed, but I think he could give that 300,000 to help provide electricity and water to rural china.

The american govenment has more than enough to feed all her poor people, unfortunately, the money is wasted on iraq war.

HAHA, u never understand what BOSS Chen think ?!
He is an erratic fellow whose actions r usually completely unpredictable, in China he is a rich man and a popular philanthropist, but YES he like to show off himself. :coffee:
He said all his money r CLEAN so can open to the public.

↓ 16tons of RMB cash, part of his money 0.5billion RMB on the table ... :partay:
BOSS Chen is very funny !:cheers:

458-131225113P4.jpg

458-131225113P8.jpg

458-131225113P9.jpg

458-131225113P1.jpg

458-131225113P5.jpg

458-131225113P2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom