What's new

Chinese TV show replaces celebrity actress with a cartoon CACTUS because she was wearing a Hijab

Sir, I acknowledged that you are an exception in that you do come out and condemn this and other oppressive moves by China in this context. My point was the silence of rest of your otherwise vocal countrymen, which you agree with.

Every nation pays a price for their interests. Nothing is free. US looks away oppression by KSA, it over-looked the fact that a majority of the 9/11 perpetrators were of Saudi origins.
AND those of Israel, In fact, those of Israel are much more relevant to be mentioned as they are the ones on similar scale not the ones by KSA. Or, perhaps right here you did exactly what you called "paying price of friendship" :)

This is small stuff, you have not even begun to pay the price for Chinese friendship though you have paid plenty of price for US friendship in helping them against the Soviets and war on terror. While its too early for such price to become evident viz-a-viz China, Pak is virtually entirely dependent on China and the dependence is only increasing.
Agree that putting all eggs in one basket is not wise, perhaps that is why you still see Pakistan still trading and have relations with lots of other countries. Our relations cannot be as strong as India's because you present a much larger market, also the fact that we have benefit trough perhaps the worst 6 7 years of our history and are just beginning to get up again cannot be ignored. Things are improving, with improving economy will come more diversified partnership opportunities. AS for paying price for our friendship with China, i don't think so, we have enjoyed decades of strong cordial relations, a win win for both countries and we have not been forced into things that were really destructive for us. You cannot compare US-Pakistan relation with Pak-China relation, in fact you cannot compare relation between any two nations with that of one with US because of the history of US Turing on friends, and, that is not a criticism. There leadership is so loyal and devoted and for them US always comes first!!

Anyway, this thread is mostly about regressive China, where we don't disagree, we can park the larger consequences of Pak dependence on China for some other thread. I am sure we'll have plenty of opportunity to discuss that particular topic.
Actually, this thread is mostly about Chinese oppression targeted towards Muslims, that, is a miss leading concept. It is not a specific anti Muslim attitude as you can see from various other examples.

Anyway, as you said, we can agree on a few things and disagree on others, that is how debate is. What is important is we respect the point of view of other.

regards!

if that is the case y not discuss Myanmar and Kashmir situation first.. '' Pakistan ne theka nahi uthaa rakha har jaga tang arane ka''; non of oic member states ever responded to any thing like massacre in burma.or kashmir. hijab is a little thing if u compare it to situation in Burma and Kashmir. indians are trying very hard to make pakistan and china tangled in some sort of religious fight so that economical benefit 4 both countries are lost and these trolls can have better sleep at night.. i dont want to go into details but inshallah indians will eat shhhht and Pakistan will grow economically in every aspect and will be prosperous than indis...

Woman stripped naked in JK, accused include Army trooper

atleast they did not stripped the hijab...

Thank for a detailed reply, need to clarify on some things.

Firstly, i was not only referring to France, there is a whole lot of them, hypocrites who claim to be moderate and free modern societies but still oppress minorities with such shameful acts. China never claim that they allow such freedom of expression and speech, they oppress even there own Chinese people for a huge lot of reason, it is not a Muslim Only policy. Remember the boat that capsized last month and who the media and news was handled? That was not against Muslims. All said, IT DO NOT MEAN that any of this is justifiable or even humane. Chinese MUST allow a bit of flexibility and allow freedom of speech, religion is a personal choice and should be respected.

Secondly, i do not look if people are going to look other way here but i certainly do not and do condemn this act. BUT, i will not fall for the idea of presenting it as Chinese ONLY anti-Muslim policy, that is not the case, that is how they work there, not that any of that is correct of justified as i said.

Modern free society / countries VS Communists, monarchy, dictatorships & Islamic.

The common argument that one hears from the same communists and the islamists who oppress minorities in their native countries is that - we are communists or Islamic nations and, as a rule we do not provide equal rights to minorities - but we expect the modern democratic countries to not follow suit and provide complete rights to the same commies and the same Islamists because you declared to do so...and not because we deserve it.

The moral thought should be to expect the same treatment for oneself that his native country administers to it's minorities, but then, people start expecting themselves to be treated as equals while they will most certainly go back to their native countries and be discriminatory towards their minorities.

The modern democracies are learning about these oppressive nations and question the right for equal treatment to the same nationalities on their soil. The "discriminatory" rules that CAER or others keep protesting about get ratified in the parliaments - and one can say that the poison from such oppressive nations is slowly affecting both the modern democracies and it's people.

OK I find this part TV video:
花儿与少年第二季20150627期:花少团玩命疯狂争当导游 井宝冲沙翻车被“活埋”_视频在线观看_花儿与少年第二季_芒果TV
, I watched it when I saw this thread, some famous people visited different place of the world and finish some task, this part was: some people visit Dubai,and many carton in this TV program to make it more attractive such as :
QQ截图20150704235023.png

QQ截图20150704235038.png

Why chose one or two pics among 200 carton pics and make it with religion meaning?????

if that is the case y not discuss Myanmar and Kashmir situation first.. '' Pakistan ne theka nahi uthaa rakha har jaga tang arane ka''; non of oic member states ever responded to any thing like massacre in burma.or kashmir.

Woman stripped naked in JK, accused include Army trooper

''Turkey's support for the Kashmiris emphasized in Ankara

President of Turkey-Pakistan Cultural Association Burhan Kayaturk stated the entire world is aware of the sufferings of innocent Kashmiri people in the Indian Occupied Kashmir.

In his speech at “Jammu & Kashmir – the key to peace and stability in South Asia”seminar organized at Ankara, Kayaturk said Turkey will continue to support Pakistan and the people of Kashmir till the final resolution of Kashmir dispute according to the aspirations of the Kashmiri people. “Without resolution of the Kashmir problem, lasting peace cannot be achieved in the region,” he added.

News and Programme Director of the Arabic service of Turkish Radio & Television Mr. Mehmet Ozturk in his remarks explained in detail the genesis of Kashmir issue. He said the international community should take notice of the large scale violations of human rights of the innocent Kashmiris.

He said despite United Nations Security Council Resolutions calling for UN administered plebiscite, this basic right of the Kashmiri people has not yet been granted to them. He urged all the Muslim countries to help the people of Kashmir and make efforts for early resolution of this long lasting dispute.

Mrs. Aisha Farooqui, Chargé d'Affaires of Pakistan Embassy in her speech reiterated Pakistan’s commitment to extending full diplomatic, moral and political support to the Kashmiri people in their just struggle for self determination. She appreciated the steadfast support of the people and Government of Turkey, terming it a source of great strength, both for Pakistan as well as for the Kashmiri people.
Mrs. Aisha Farooqui said that elections in the Indian Occupied Kashmir (IOK) cannot be a substitute for a UN monitored plebiscite as called for in the Security Council Resolutions. Final settlement of the dispute in accordance with the UNSC Resolutions and the aspirations of the Kashmiri people is the only way forward, she added.''

''The Turkish President also supported Pakistan's stance on the Kashmir issue saying this issue is the product of the unjust international system.''

''The leader of the Kashmir Islamic Party Abdul Rashid Turabi asked for more support from Turkey on the Kashmir issue.

Speaking to the Anadolu Agency (AA), Turabi said that they were proud to listen to Turkish Premier Recep Tayyip Erdogan's remarks on occupied Kashmir at the UN General Assembly.
We visited representatives of political parties, human rights defenders, media representatives and intellectuals in Turkey to share the latest developments in Kashmir. We request for more support on Kashmir, Turabi stressed.''

''Turkey meet raises voice for Kashmiris’ birthright

Over 200 representatives form 75 countries through a unanimously-passed resolution have demanded right to self-determination for the people of Jammu and Kashmir as per relevant resolutions of the United Nations.The resolution, which was passed on the occasion of an international conference organized by a Turkish NGO Economic and Social Researches Center (ESAM) in Istanbul, called for an end to unabated human rights violations perpetrated by Indian troops in occupied Kashmir.

The resolution was moved by Amir Jamaat-e-Islami Azad Jammu and Kashmir, Abdul Rashid Turabi, who is also convener of All Parties Kashmir Coordination Council.

Sharing the details with the media, JI AJK Spokesman Raja Zakir Khan in a statement said that the conference was attended by heads of Islamic Movements, key figures of ruling and opposition parties, scholars, diplomats, journalists and human rights defenders from 75 countries.

The participants of the conference called upon the United Nations, OIC, Arab League and other international fora to impress upon India to grant the people of Jammu and Kashmir their inalienable right to self determination.

The resolution pointed out that the settlement of the Kashmir dispute was imperative for peace in the world.''

There lots of ongoing Turkish projects in Kashmir. Then about Myanmar and Burma, I think people already know Turkish stance on their struggle.

Your individual stance at least on a forum won't harm your economy, sad indeed.
Note that not Turkey but China is a UNSC member for a reason.

Last edited:
Chinese people do not await gods, princes and kings for salvation, for we are our own saviors. Those who choose to believe in gods and messiahs can choose to do so, we mean them no harm and they have absolute freedom to do so, but their freedom ends where the rights of the people begin.

Can I use this to reveal a lie?
See this picture?
This is a local TV station in Northwest Gansu province. Do you see her headscarf?
this is china! This is a news TV station! This is a muslim!
who is lying?
b74543a98226cffcefb8845cbb014a90f703ea4a.jpg

Some people in order to lie, rack one's brains.
An entertainment program can find a religious problem. I have said before, as long as want contradictions, can always find a problem.

I think, now you only believe in Turkey, only the west, not China.
This is an entertainment program, a lot of similar cartoon pattern.

I guess that was your view of Prophet Muhammad cartoons or Shaikh Hasena vent against Pakistan. Since it happened in another country you don't care about it. I guess if it had happened in India instead of China your views would have been different.

I guess that was your view of Prophet Muhammad cartoons or Shaikh Hasena vent against Pakistan. Since it happened in another country you don't care about it. I guess if it had happened in India instead of China your views would have been different.

Without doubt.

The response of Pak posters on Chinese treatment of Muslims follows this :

" Give me the man & I will give you the rule "

Modern free society / countries VS Communists, monarchy, dictatorships & Islamic.

The common argument that one hears from the same communists and the islamists who oppress minorities in their native countries is that - we are communists or Islamic nations and, as a rule we do not provide equal rights to minorities - but we expect the modern democratic countries to not follow suit and provide complete rights to the same commies and the same Islamists because you declared to do so...and not because we deserve it.

The moral thought should be to expect the same treatment for oneself that his native country administers to it's minorities, but then, people start expecting themselves to be treated as equals while they will most certainly go back to their native countries and be discriminatory towards their minorities.

The modern democracies are learning about these oppressive nations and question the right for equal treatment to the same nationalities on their soil. The "discriminatory" rules that CAER or others keep protesting about get ratified in the parliaments - and one can say that the poison from such oppressive nations is slowly affecting both the modern democracies and it's people.
Well if that is the justification, that you do it to us so we will do it to you so both are even then!! There is nothing left to discuss or debate, as per your post, the communists, Islamic societies will do so following some rule (don't know about communism but there is oppressive rules like this in Islam) and the so called modern civilized societies of Europe will do it as a tit-for-tat (so much for being civilized :) ) or some sort of revenge then that is it..... Right or wrong, justified or not this is who it will be,, ??? What is left to talk about!! :)

The problem, my friend is this is NOT how things are working!!

Anyways, my POINT right from first post if that i do condemn any such oppressive act by Chines and feel they should know better than that however i also condemn the attempts to make it a "China Oppressive towards Muslims" kind of thing in an attempt to spark some hatred, :) this is not a " Muslim Only" phenomena in China, they treat ALL there population like this, the boat that capsized last month is a prime and fresh example.

Well if that is the justification, that you do it to us so we will do it to you so both are even then!! There is nothing left to discuss or debate, as per your post, the communists, Islamic societies will do so following some rule (don't know about communism but there is oppressive rules like this in Islam) and the so called modern civilized societies of Europe will do it as a tit-for-tat (so much for being civilized :) ) or some sort of revenge then that is it..... Right or wrong, justified or not this is who it will be,, ??? What is left to talk about!! :)

The problem, my friend is this is NOT how things are working!!

Anyways, my POINT right from first post if that i do condemn any such oppressive act by Chines and feel they should know better than that however i also condemn the attempts to make it a "China Oppressive towards Muslims" kind of thing in an attempt to spark some hatred, :) this is not a " Muslim Only" phenomena in China, they treat ALL there population like this, the boat that capsized last month is a prime and fresh example.

Where did you get the "I am justifying it" part? I gave the reasoning behind the toughening of the stance adopted by most of these modern democratic states and the change in the thought process of it's people. The fault lies with these oppressive states playing havoc with their minorities in all most all these countries. What it does is mutates thought process of normal people. The violence, lack of freedom, slave making, beheadings, forced conversions, wars, suicide bombings and pure carnage perpetrated desensitizes even the most docile person. Most nations are voting in rightist govts for a reason.

P.S.For your info - china executed 2500 people last year by firing squad - equal in number to how many ISIS executed in one year. So, yes I agree - china is oppressive all around.

Where did you get the "I am justifying it" part? I gave the reasoning behind the toughening of the stance adopted by most of these modern democratic states and the change in the thought process of it's people. The fault lies with these oppressive states playing havoc with their minorities in all most all these countries. What it does is mutates thought process of normal people. The violence, lack of freedom, slave making, beheadings, forced conversions, wars, suicide bombings and pure carnage perpetrated desensitizes even the most docile person. Most nations are voting in rightist govts for a reason.

P.S.For your info - china executed 2500 people last year by firing squad - equal in number to how many ISIS executed in one year. So, yes I agree - china is oppressive all around.

:)
Seems like we are getting to an agreement then,,, These things cannot be justified, i condemn the extremism by Islamic states and groups who claim to be working based on Islamic ideology (although that is not correct) just like i condemn banning Hijab or promoting dear Muhammad competitions. Extremism in ANY FORM is not good.

Also we seem to be in agreement that the Chinese oppression is not directed specifically towards Muslims a it is being portrayed in this and MANY other threads. It is how they run there affairs, though not something that is to be appreciated!

Nice discussing these issues with you in detail. :tup:

And you are okay with it?

NOT AT ALL,, how can one be?
This is oppressing the very basic rights of your citizens and absolutely NOT OKAY!

What i was saying is that portraying it as a "Only Muslim specific" brutality of Chines is also not fair, that is being done with a special mind frame and agenda, was just addressing that. However as mentioned in almost ALL my posts here, what the Chinese are doing in this case is completely wrong and should not have been done.

Back
Top Bottom