What's new

Chinese troops have been equipped with WZ-10 helicopter gunships

Wasn't that the same "ptldM3" who was laughing at ChineseTiger1986's comments relating to his extraterrestrial claims! BTW, we know that the Russians are undergoing a large military build up around the mountains. We already know about your new weapons systems, no need to hide them from us. I hope you will join NATO, the door is always open for you. We need much more naval exercises just like the one we just had with you and the others.:azn:

There is nothing wrong with ptldM3's comment regarding WZ-10. It was not designed to be low observable, and anyone implying such should recheck their knowledge. Don't claim the chopper to be something more than it is.

The current design of the WZ-10 is not 'stealthy'.

I served the Comanche as an example. Compare and contrast their external body designs. The key differences with respect to 'stealth' characteristics are obvious.

The current design of the WZ-10 is not 'stealthy'.

I served the Comanche as an example. Compare and contrast their external body designs. The key differences with respect to 'stealth' characteristics are obvious.

Depends on what you define as "stealthy". The current configuration of the WZ-10 would probably put it stealthier than the AH-64 Apache and the AH-1 Cobra.

This "Stealth" controversy is worthless - reality is we don't know -- But it's a excellent development and I hope this ship will prove to be a successful design and that it will serve as a launching pad of sorts for the further development of Attack helicopter capabilities --- And I hope Pakistan can be a part of this development.

The helicopter bears a superficial resemblance to the Apache except for the wings

So here is the conclusion :-

WZ-10 is stealthy if it will fly without following things:-
1. Rotor Blades. :smokin:
2. External Weapon Bay :)
3. Landing Gears :azn:

Am I makng sense? If not then It's not stealthy..:argh:

Depends on what you define as "stealthy". The current configuration of the WZ-10 would probably put it stealthier than the AH-64 Apache and the AH-1 Cobra.

No such thing as individual definition of stealth :rolleyes:

Apache and Cobra were never meant to be stealth helicopters.

So here is the conclusion :-

WZ-10 is stealthy if it will fly without following things:-
1. Rotor Blades. :smokin:
2. External Weapon Bay :)
3. Landing Gears :azn:

Am I makng sense? If not then It's not stealthy..:argh:

More or less :lol:

Well, best of luck to China on developing a stealth chopper.

No such thing as individual definition of stealth :rolleyes:

Apache and Cobra were never meant to be stealth helicopters..

People are using the term "stealth" too loosely. "Stealth" is not a black and white term; there is no fine line between "stealth" and "non stealth". Observability is completely relative and is expressed in a degree of "stealthiness", not just simply whether it's "stealth" or not.

No aircraft can be completely stealthy. However, certain helicopters (WZ-10, Tiger, Mangusta, etc) cab be stealthier than others.

Absolutely. When all else fails simply expand the definition and to the absurd if necessary...:lol:

Why expand it when you've demonstrated in your post that you don't even understand it in this case? :rolleyes:

Why expand it when you've demonstrated in your post that you don't even understand it in this case? :rolleyes:
:lol: I will put my posts regarding radar detection and its related issue low radar observable bodies, aka 'stealth', against yours any day. What I see here is nothing more than a feeble attempt to defend the indefensible: the WZ-10 Chinese helo is 'stealthy'.

Back
Top Bottom