What's new

Chinese troops have been equipped with WZ-10 helicopter gunships

lawxx

Reaction score
J-20 fighters, following a successful test flight, the Chinese and then came the shocking news on the new armament: China's own R & D WZ-10 attack helicopters have been fitted out. WZ-10 is China's first designed specifically for combat helicopters。WZ-10 uses stealth technology.
U1335P27T1D630900F26DT20110131123608.jpg

111f24e28c11e2e71d484bab5410eb44.jpg

fb708e626d38d102fdb25d413a279641.jpg

33a23940f12523e3f858382f7b15f945.jpg

159d1a6d008f70fa9059e8f5eb31d10e.jpg

e21b6746246b5c338b75acf7db9c20f3.jpg

5363e570eacc4f810956bf44689ffeec.jpg

The back and front sides of the helicopters looks stealthy. Very good but China must also develop a more advanced attack helicopter to enter service after 2020 as long-range planning.

For a combat chopper to remain stealthy, it needs retractable weapons, retractable landing gear. And I also think the rotor blades and the tail rotor need additional work. Shaping and material also plays a crucial role.

Example - RAH66 Comanche:
us-RAH66-Comanche.jpg

The best thing about this Chinese weapons system is that it is fully indigenous, including the engine. While it is not quite up to the technology level of the Apache and the Tiger helicopters, it is nonetheless a commendable effort. I am sure the follow on to this helicopter will be truly world class and will be able to match anything the US comes up with.

For a combat chopper to remain stealthy, it needs retractable weapons, retractable landing gear. And I also think the rotor blades and the tail rotor need additional work. Shaping and material also plays a crucial role.

Example - RAH66 Comanche:
us-RAH66-Comanche.jpg

The commanche is one sexy helicopter. Saw a video of it on youtube, and it flies so fast backward.

The best thing about this Chinese weapons system is that it is fully indigenous, including the engine. While it is not quite up to the technology level of the Apache and the Tiger helicopters, it is nonetheless a commendable effort. I am sure the follow on to this helicopter will be truly world class and will be able to match anything the US comes up with.

I look forward to it. ^^

The back and front sides of the helicopters looks stealthy. Very good but China must also develop a more advanced attack helicopter to enter service after 2020 as long-range planning.

There is nothing 'stealthy' about it.

There is nothing 'stealthy' about it.

What about the stealth shape of the fuselage to reflect radar away from the emitter? Or are your eyes incapable of seeing the obvious faceted shaping?

If you're having problems comprehending the stealth shaping, let me educate you. When radar hits the top-half of the WZ-10, it reflects away into space. When radar hits the bottom-half of the WZ-10, it reflects into the ground. Either way, the radar is redirected away from the receiver.

WZ-10 Attack Helicopter with stealth-shaped fuselage to deflect radar waves away from receiver.

What about the stealth shape of the fuselage to reflect radar away from the emitter? Or are your eyes incapable of seeing the obvious faceted shaping?

If you're having problems comprehending the stealth shaping, let me educate you.

Your the last person that should be talking about educating people on 'stealth'. The angled fuselage is nothing more than a design feature that gullible people like you interpret as being 'stealthy'. There are many things that increase an aircraft's RCS, one of the biggest is right angle surfaces, the ZW-10 is full of them; for example, the vertical stabilizer, pylons, the fin on the tale, the two large antennas on the tail, the exhaust manifold, the cowl (right below engine), the gun, and the flir/optics housing are all right angled surfaces. But there is also the landing gears and countless protrusions sticking out from the fuselage.

On a related matter when an aircraft like an F-22 or B-2 opens it's weapons bays it is seen on radar, these are fully optimized for low observability and there is no sacrifice, so tell me if an F-22 is seen on radar with an opened weapons bay how is this ZW-10 with all it's right angled surfaces and protrusions--landing gear and all 'stealthy'? And what about those saw tooth patterns that you can't seem to get enough of, according to you without them this helicopter can not at all be 'stealthy'.

Back
Top Bottom