What's new

Chinese swear their revenge on Japanese (Sino-Japanese War)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, its just that, i notice that some Chinese have this idea that we Japanese are war-like or they have a pre-formed image of us as if we're back in WWII. The fact that you said 'kamikaze' in our blood is inherent example of that bias.

Like i said, there is no territorial question about Senkaku Island. That is sovereign Japanese territory. Period.

Yup, a wolf can changes his coat, but not his disposition. Like Germany after WWI, Japan is trying to undo the bond that's forced upon it as a result of WWII, and that is not just the wish of some right wing extremist, but rather a majority sentiment. It's "pacifism" is not innate to the nation, and it won't be long before Japan return to its old self once the shackles are gone.

BTW, by the instrument of surrender signed by Japan, it should have no territorial claim other than the 4 main islands and their associated islets.

@ephone ,

Hongkong was acquired in a treaty and the British promised to return it, which they did in 1999. The same goes for Macau.

In regards to Taiwan, there never was a treaty to return Taiwan to PRC, on the contrary, Taiwanese resent Chinese claims of reclamation. It will be a geopolitical nightmare if China were to invade Taiwan, and at this currenet moment, an impossibility.

Go read the Treaty of Taipei, where the island is returned to China, note not ROC but China by the text of the treaty. And no Hongkong island was ceded to Britain permanently, while the New Territory was leased for 100 years.

Last edited:
Thank goodness the Chinese posters here in PDF don't represent all Chinese people. I have a lot of Chinese friends and when we do talk about this issue, its sincere and they understand my personal apology to the history. Plus, there is a forgiveness they share that is genuine.

I fear that some posters here are a just extremists. I'm sorry, but my judgement is coming after reading some posts...

They thankfully do not. You're new here and will soon realize ( if you haven't already) that this forum is filled with some very belligerent hyper-nationalists. Some of these nationalists dream of bloodlust and genocide. The good news is that they live in a fantasy land and are hardly a representation of rational thinking people in the 'real world'

Also wanted to add that there are many rational and pragmatic Chinese members here. Still, you're going to be severely outnumbered here. if you feel like you're being bullied or verbally abused, please report the offending post.

Last edited:
I think in the future, when the Japanese state, like the German state fully acknowledges it's crimes against humanity, the Japanese will become close allies with China, because China has influenced Japanese culture for thousands of years, including language, religion.

Japanese cannot accept China as a maritime power. Diaoyu Islands are merely a symbol of maritime supremacy. This is obvious from Nihonjin's posts, as well as the intention to cast off limitations imposed by victorious allies including China. Talking history is pointless. So the only solution is a massive nuclear first strike to incapacitate Japan. Then the problem is resolved forever. The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.

@kalu_miah ,

The Rising Sun Flag is in usage by the Japanese Self Defense Force because it represents continuity with Japanese modernity seen after the Great Meiji Restoration and the subsequent rise of Japan and a pre-eminent power in Asia.

I can understand where some people might take offense to this, given the Pacific War, it remains in usage for the national interest, namely, the military continuity of Japan. One could say that there is a longing within the JSDF ranks , and it is significant, to formally rename JSDF to The Japanese Armed Forces, or , Imperial Japanese Armed Forces.

This is where we see a disconnect. I have followed the conversation in this thread closely and your reply above also shows this. I think there is a clear case of cognitive dissonance here. You claim you understand that this flag can offend people, yet your govt. keeps it as an official flag of JMSDF!

I personally see no problem in Japan's remilitarization, as it is a necessary precondition before Japan can throw off US domination and get out from under US control, but first Japan must come to terms with its past and apologize to the affected people to their satisfaction, only then they will be accepted by the neighbors as one of fellow partner nation in a new integrated and united Asia. Looks like Japan is hiding behind US protection to deny the future, but ready or not, the future will come and the sooner Japan recognizes that future and the slowly changing status quo, the better it will be for them. The US led West is slowly loosing its edge to China, its only a matter of time that they will eventually loose predominance. Why this has to be true is topic for another thread.

From your posts I hope you are a closet ultra-nationalist and do not represent the wide cross section of Japanese people's opinion. If you do, then that would be disappointing. I guess some people can learn only the hard way.

In any event, I hope you do stick around and take part in conversations, one voice is better than no voice at all.

This is where we see a disconnect. I have followed the conversation in this thread closely and your reply above also shows this. I think there is a clear case of cognitive dissonance here. You claim you understand that this flag can offend people, yet your govt. keeps it as an official flag of JMSDF!

I personally see no problem in Japan's remilitarization, as it is necessary to throw off US domination and control of Japan, but first Japan must come to terms with its past and apologize to the affected people to their satisfaction, only then they will be accepted by the neighbors as one of fellow partner nation in a new integrated and united Asia. Looks like Japan is hiding behind US protection to deny the future, but ready or not, the future will come and the sooner Japan recognizes that future and the slowly changing status quo, the better it will be for them. The US led West is slowly loosing its edge to China, its only a matter of time that they will eventually loose predominance. Why this has to be true is topic for another thread.

From your posts I hope you are a closet ultra-nationalist and do not represent the wide cross section of Japanese people's opinion. If you do, then that would be disappointing. I guess some people can learn only the hard way.

In any event, I hope you do stick around and take part in conversations, one voice is better than no voice at all.

The best war plan for the Japanese right-wings: to ignite the war between the US and China, the US retreats back to North America with the destroyed economy and military, while Japan could re-occupy the ruined China again.

So they can rule Asia-Pacific again, then proceed to rule the entire world.

One stone two birds tactic.

The best war plan for the Japanese right-wings: to ignite the war between the US and China, the US retreats back to North America with the destroyed economy and military, while Japan could re-occupy the ruined China again.

That would be their plan, America and China are not that stupid to see Japan 坐山觀虎鬥.

No matter how advanced a nation is they can suffer from delusions and make mistakes. The defeat in WW II proves that.

The Chinese will not pick a fight with the US, not at this stage when China is not ready, so that is wishful thinking.

Japan had one window of opportunity, but again they tried this colonialism business much too late, in 1940's when the world was getting out of it.

So this Ultra nationalist dream, if it is true will remain a dream. I hope there is a lot of sane people in Japan who can prevail and not let the ultra nationalist drive their national discourse.

^ He is not a closet nationalist in the sense you think. He is a geopolitical realist. Unfortunately for Japan, it stands no chance of reaching anything approaching parity with China even in the maritime realm because China will simply nuke Japan if it tries to completely break out from post-WW2 restraints. This is in large part motivated by WW2 history. If Japan dominates the maritime in East Asia and assures its neighbors this time they will do the East Asian Coprosperity Sphere "right" instead of the crazy unit 731 crimes they actually did and the assurance is credible China would merely be a bit unhappy to be outcompeted. But considering the WW2 reality, the actual Chinese reaction will definitely be nuclear war.

The best war plan for the Japanese right-wings: to ignite the war between the US and China, the US retreats back to North America with the destroyed economy and military

You have a very good imagination and even more wishful thinking. You left out the part where the Chinese navy is obliterated in retaliation. Or, are you once again being delusional and assuming the Chinese navy would come away without a scratch in a naval war with the US. Oh that's right, I forgot. You're living very comfortably in your host western country. You can cheer on the war and bloodshed while sitting back on your comfy couch.

You have a very good imagination and even more wishful thinking. You left out the part where the Chinese navy is obliterated in retaliation. Or, are you once again being delusional and assuming the Chinese military would come away without a scratch in a naval war with the US. Oh that's right, I forgot. You're living very comfortably in your host western country. You can cheer on the war and bloodshed while sitting back in the comfort of your own home.

The war will take place close to China's home turf, so it is likely that the US will lose all of its precious supercarriers but in exchange to destroy China's coastal cities.

BTW, this is in the mind of the right-wings, not me.

They wanna one stone two birds, so to make sure not only China, the US is ruined as well.

Clearly we are heading in the direction of war against the USA. This is unavoidable. So we must give the USA a bloody nose to force it out of East Asia while holding back enough to destroy Japan's industrial capacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom